Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting parsing logfiles (performance issue) Post 302191916 by jim mcnamara on Monday 5th of May 2008 11:39:13 AM
Old 05-05-2008
Change the print statment to get the exact format you want:
Code:
awk  ' {
         if($0 > " ")
         {
           MSISDN=       substr($0,1,10);
           HOUR=         substr($0,11,16)
           ID_SA_SOURCE= substr($0,17,16)
           ID_SA_DEST=   substr($0,35,16)
           ID_VIR_PORTAL=substr($0,53,16)
           NW_BEARER=    substr($0,71,4 )
           TERMINAL_TYPE=substr($0,75,1 )
           TRADE_MODEL=  substr($0,76,30)                    
           print HOUR, MSIDSN,ID_SA_SOURCE,ID_SA_DEST,ID_VIR_PORTAL,NW_BEARER,TERMINAL_TYPE,TRADE_MODEL >> OFR_Processed_data.txt           
          }                 
        }' $TRACKING_LOGDIR/$listdata

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

performance issue

Hi, on a linux server I have the following : vmstat 2 10 procs memory swap io system cpu r b w swpd free buff cache si so bi bo in cs us sy id 0 4 0 675236 39836 206060 1617660 3 3 3 6 8 7 1 1 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: big123456
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

performance issue

I want to read a file. is it good to use File I/O or shell script?? which one is the best option? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vishwaraj
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

split monthly logfiles into daily logfiles

Hi, I have a lot of logfiles like fooYYYYMM.log (foo200301.log, foo200810.log) with lines like YYYY-MM-DD TIMESTAMP,text1,text2,text3... but I need (for postprocessing) the form fooYYYYMMDD.log (so foo200402.log becomes foo20040201.log, foo20040202.log...) with unmodified content of lines. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: clzupp
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Performance issue!

In my C program i am using very large file(approx 400MB) to read parts of it frequently. But due to large file the performance of the program goes down very badly. It shows very high I/O usage and I/O wait time. My question is, What are the ways to optimize or tune I/O on linux or how i can get... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: mavens
10 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Performance of log parsing shell script very slow

Hello, I am an absolute newbie and whatever I've written in the shell script (below) has all been built with generous help from googling the net and this forum. Please forgive any schoolboy mistakes. Now to the qn, my input file looks like this - 2009:04:03 08:21:41:513,INFO... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: sowmitr
7 Replies

6. Solaris

Performance issue

Hi Gurus, I am beginner in solaris and want to know what are the things we need to check for performance monitoring on our solairs OS. for DISK,CPU and MEMORY. Also how we do ipforwarding in slaris Many thanks for your help Pradeep P (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ppandey21
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Performance issue or something else?

Hi All, I have the following script which I use in Nagios to check the health of the applications, the problem with it is that the curl part ($TOTAL) does not return anything after running for 2-3 hrs, even though from command line the script runs fine but not from Nagios. There are 17... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jacki
1 Replies

8. AIX

Performance issue

Hi, We have 2 lpars on p6 blade. One of the lpar is having 3 core cpu with 5gb memory running sybase as database. An EOD process takes 25 min. to complete. Now we have an lpar on P7 server with entitled cpu capacity of 2 with 16 Gb memory and sybase as database. The EOD process which takes... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: vjm
17 Replies

9. AIX

Performance issue

Hi We have an AIX5.3 server with application which is written in C. We are facing server (lpar) hangs intermediately. If we open new telnet window prompts for user and takes hell of a time to authenticate, not only that if we run ps -aef then also it takes lot of time. surprisingly there is no... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: powerAIX
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Complex text parsing with speed/performance problem (awk solution?)

I have 1.6 GB (and growing) of files with needed data between the 11th and 34th line (inclusive) of the second column of comma delimited files. There is also a lot of stray white space in the file that needs to be trimmed. They have DOS-like end of lines. I need to transpose the 11th through... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: Michael Stora
13 Replies
bytes(3pm)						 Perl Programmers Reference Guide						bytes(3pm)

NAME
bytes - Perl pragma to force byte semantics rather than character semantics NOTICE
This pragma reflects early attempts to incorporate Unicode into perl and has since been superseded. It breaks encapsulation (i.e. it exposes the innards of how the perl executable currently happens to store a string), and use of this module for anything other than debugging purposes is strongly discouraged. If you feel that the functions here within might be useful for your application, this possibly indicates a mismatch between your mental model of Perl Unicode and the current reality. In that case, you may wish to read some of the perl Unicode documentation: perluniintro, perlunitut, perlunifaq and perlunicode. SYNOPSIS
use bytes; ... chr(...); # or bytes::chr ... index(...); # or bytes::index ... length(...); # or bytes::length ... ord(...); # or bytes::ord ... rindex(...); # or bytes::rindex ... substr(...); # or bytes::substr no bytes; DESCRIPTION
The "use bytes" pragma disables character semantics for the rest of the lexical scope in which it appears. "no bytes" can be used to reverse the effect of "use bytes" within the current lexical scope. Perl normally assumes character semantics in the presence of character data (i.e. data that has come from a source that has been marked as being of a particular character encoding). When "use bytes" is in effect, the encoding is temporarily ignored, and each string is treated as a series of bytes. As an example, when Perl sees "$x = chr(400)", it encodes the character in UTF-8 and stores it in $x. Then it is marked as character data, so, for instance, "length $x" returns 1. However, in the scope of the "bytes" pragma, $x is treated as a series of bytes - the bytes that make up the UTF8 encoding - and "length $x" returns 2: $x = chr(400); print "Length is ", length $x, " "; # "Length is 1" printf "Contents are %vd ", $x; # "Contents are 400" { use bytes; # or "require bytes; bytes::length()" print "Length is ", length $x, " "; # "Length is 2" printf "Contents are %vd ", $x; # "Contents are 198.144" } chr(), ord(), substr(), index() and rindex() behave similarly. For more on the implications and differences between character semantics and byte semantics, see perluniintro and perlunicode. LIMITATIONS
bytes::substr() does not work as an lvalue(). SEE ALSO
perluniintro, perlunicode, utf8 perl v5.18.2 2013-11-04 bytes(3pm)