Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting XML parsing through shell scritps Post 302191889 by karthikvela on Monday 5th of May 2008 09:07:36 AM
Old 05-05-2008
Thanks dude!! can you suggest some tools which makes xml parsing simple and efficient???

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parsing XML using Shell Script

Hello, I'm a starting shell scripter and no Perl knowledge. I've trying to do this for a while: I want to parse an XML file and get certain data out of it and write that data into a CSV file, all this using Shell Scripting (in Bash). Or Perl without any XML Parser/Interpreter (if possible). ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Kage Musha
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

XML parsing in a shell script.

Below is a XML I have... <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?> <component xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xsi:schemaLocation="urn:XXXXX-www-Install-Manifest manifest.xsd" xmlns="urn:qqqqq-Install-Manifest" name="OM" ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dashok.83
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script for XML code parsing.

Please help me to create a shell script that can parse the below XML and send a string back adding all XML values.:) <RequestBillsRsp... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: xtatic
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script for XML code parsing.

I need to create a shell script that can parse the below XML and send a string back adding all XML values. The text which's not in angular braces are to be printed. Sample code: <RequestBillsRsp... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: xtatic
9 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

XML parsing using shell script

I have a xml file like this <bul:collectionStrategy name="strategy1"> <bul:collectionTemplateGroup name="15min group"/> <bul:collectionTemplateGroup name="hourly group"/> </bul:collectionStrategy> <bul:CollectionTemplateGroup name="hourly group" > ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: LavanyaP
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

XML to Text file Parsing Using shell scripting

Hi folks, Need some help with XML to text file parsing , the following is the content of the XML File. <xn:SubNetwork id="SNJNPRZDCR0R03"> <xn:MeContext id="PRSJU0005"> <xn:VsDataContainer id="PRSJU0005"> <xn:attributes> ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: tech_frk
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parsing XML using shell script

Well, issue is i have to parse this script to get the VERSION: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> <!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd"> <plist version="1.0"> <dict> <key>CFBundleAllowMixedLocalizations</key> ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: zorosinister
9 Replies

8. Solaris

XML to Text file Parsing Using shell scripting

Hi, I want to parse an XML File using Shell Script preferably by using awk command, I/P file is : <gn:ExternalGsmCell id="016P3A"> <gn:attributes> <gn:mnc>410</gn:mnc> <gn:mcc>310</gn:mcc> <gn:lac>8016</gn:lac> ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tech_frk
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

XML-Text Parsing Using shell scripting

HI Guys, I have to parse below xml file :- <xn:SubNetwork id="ONRM_ROOT_MO_R"> <xn:MeContext id="LP101"> <xn:ManagedElement id="1"> <xn:VsDataContainer id="1"> <xn:attributes> ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: asavaliya
8 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parsing custom data into xml in Shell

Hi , I have data as below in a text file { 'AAA' => { 'A1' => 'a1 comment', 'A2' => 'a2 comment' }, 'BBB' => { 'B1' => 'b1 comment' }, 'CCC' => { 'C1' => 'c1 comment', 'C2' => 'c2 comment', 'C3' => 'c3 comment' 'C4' => 'c4... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vivek d r
2 Replies
SAX::PurePerl(3)					User Contributed Perl Documentation					  SAX::PurePerl(3)

NAME
XML::SAX::PurePerl - Pure Perl XML Parser with SAX2 interface SYNOPSIS
use XML::Handler::Foo; use XML::SAX::PurePerl; my $handler = XML::Handler::Foo->new(); my $parser = XML::SAX::PurePerl->new(Handler => $handler); $parser->parse_uri("myfile.xml"); DESCRIPTION
This module implements an XML parser in pure perl. It is written around the upcoming perl 5.8's unicode support and support for multiple document encodings (using the PerlIO layer), however it has been ported to work with ASCII/UTF8 documents under lower perl versions. The SAX2 API is described in detail at http://sourceforge.net/projects/perl-xml/, in the CVS archive, under libxml-perl/docs. Hopefully those documents will be in a better location soon. Please refer to the SAX2 documentation for how to use this module - it is merely a front end to SAX2, and implements nothing that is not in that spec (or at least tries not to - please email me if you find errors in this implementation). BUGS
XML::SAX::PurePerl is slow. Very slow. I suggest you use something else in fact. However it is great as a fallback parser for XML::SAX, where the user might not be able to install an XS based parser or C library. Currently lots, probably. At the moment the weakest area is parsing DOCTYPE declarations, though the code is in place to start doing this. Also parsing parameter entity references is causing me much confusion, since it's not exactly what I would call trivial, or well documented in the XML grammar. XML documents with internal subsets are likely to fail. I am however trying to work towards full conformance using the Oasis test suite. AUTHOR
Matt Sergeant, matt@sergeant.org. Copyright 2001. Please report all bugs to the Perl-XML mailing list at perl-xml@listserv.activestate.com. LICENSE
This is free software. You may use it or redistribute it under the same terms as Perl 5.7.2 itself. perl v5.16.3 2014-06-09 SAX::PurePerl(3)