Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Clarify me.
Top Forums Programming Clarify me. Post 302191806 by nagalenoj on Monday 5th of May 2008 03:22:12 AM
Old 05-05-2008
Question Clarify me.

Dear all,
I know the use of fprintf and typecasting. But, in the following function call what is the use? why that is type casted to void?

(void) fprintf(stderr, "Enter key: ");

3 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Difference between Zones and Virtual Box-Please clarify

I am learning Solaris Zones and I have the following doubts: 1.Sun has developed both Zones concept as well as Virtual Box concept. To work in Solaris if zones method is there, what is the need for virtual box? From my little knowledge, I feel virtual box and the whole root zone are same... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: saagar
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Clarify doubt ... plz Urgent

Hi friends, I am new to UNIX. I going to transfer files using SFTP. I am writing a script and using mget . If i am using mget * means, if all the files and their sub directories are transferred or not? If suppose , the local system dose not have the sub directory then what will... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: punitha
1 Replies

3. AIX

[ASK] clarify some concerns regarding filesystems

Hello, I look at my /etc/filesystems and see these stanzas /SUM: dev = /dev/lv_sum vfs = jfs2 log = /dev/loglv00 mount = true options = rw account = false /var: dev ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Phat
3 Replies
GFS_PIO_GETS(3) 														   GFS_PIO_GETS(3)

NAME
gfs_pio_gets - read one line SYNOPSIS
#include <gfarm/gfarm.h> char *gfs_pio_gets (GFS_File f, char * s, size_t size); DESCRIPTION
gfs_pio_gets() reads one line from the file specified by the parameter gf to the buffer specified by the parameter s. You need to specify the size of the buffer by the parameter size. Unlike gfs_pio_getline(3), this function doesn't remove newline character at the end of the buffer. But if whole contents of the line can- not be stored to the buffer due to its length, or if the file reaches the end without newline, there will be no newline at the end of the buffer. In any case, one '' character is appended to the end of the buffer. If the file reaches its end, the length of the string in the buffer becomes 0. RETURN VALUES
NULL The function terminated successfully. GFARM_ERR_NO_MEMORY Insufficient memory was available. Others An error except the above occurred. The reason is shown by its pointed strings. EXAMPLES
EXAMPLE OF GFS_PIO_GETS FUNCTION #include <stdio.h> #include <stdlib.h> #include <gfarm/gfarm.h> int main(int argc, char **argv) { char *e; GFS_File gf; char buffer[512]; e = gfarm_initialize(&argc, &argv); if (e != NULL) { fprintf(stderr, "gfarm_initialize: %s ", e); return (EXIT_FAILURE); } if (argc <= 1) { fprintf(stderr, "missing gfarm filename "); return (EXIT_FAILURE); } e = gfs_pio_open(argv[1], GFARM_FILE_RDONLY, &gf); if (e != NULL) { fprintf(stderr, "%s: %s ", argv[1], e); return (EXIT_FAILURE); } e = gfs_pio_set_view_global(gf, 0); if (e != NULL) { fprintf(stderr, "%s: gfs_pio_set_view_global: %s ", argv[1], e); return (EXIT_FAILURE); } while ((e = gfs_pio_gets(gf, buffer, sizeof buffer)) != NULL && *buffer != '') { printf("got: %s", buffer); } if (e != NULL) { fprintf(stderr, "ERROR: %s ", e); return (EXIT_FAILURE); } e = gfs_pio_close(gf); if (e != NULL) { fprintf(stderr, "gfs_pio_close: %s ", e); return (EXIT_FAILURE); } e = gfarm_terminate(); if (e != NULL) { fprintf(stderr, "gfarm_initialize: %s ", e); return (EXIT_FAILURE); } return (EXIT_SUCCESS); } SEE ALSO
gfs_pio_open(3), gfs_pio_getline(3), gfs_pio_readline(3), gfs_pio_readdelim(3) Gfarm 13 May 2004 GFS_PIO_GETS(3)