Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: How to negate grep result?
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to negate grep result? Post 302191775 by danmero on Sunday 4th of May 2008 09:12:06 PM
Old 05-04-2008
You should take a look over man find
Tips: Find directory that contain the file message.jar
Code:
find /usr -type f -name "message.jar" -exec dirname {} \;

Once you read the manual you will understand how to fix the loop.

Success

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

To have a numeric result from grep

I am new to unix. i need to know how to use grep to grep and expression from a file. and pass the result as a 0 for found and 1 for not found. I can only go up to grep 'Checking Subscription Status' ranos.log. Please help. Thank you. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hak Dee
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

grep to handle a 0 result

Hi guys, I have the following grep command in a script to search through a file for a string and return its count, and it works fine for when the string exists: grep "string" file.txt | wc However, sometimes the result will be 0 and I want the script to take this as the result. Right now... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ocelot
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

append a string to a grep result

hello, iostat -En | grep Vendor | grep -v DV | awk '{print $1 $2}' | sort -u returns Vendor:HP I want to append Disk to it. i.e.: Disk Vendor:HP how to do that? thanks (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: melanie_pfefer
8 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

diaplaying the grep result

Hi, My code is like this if swlist -a revision 2>/dev/null | grep ABC 2>/dev/null then echo "Found Above mentioned ABC Version, please remove it first..." fi This is displaying the result to the screen. i want to first suppress that and for that i wrote the below... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rag84dec
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

egrep/grep result of more files

hi , I'm new at unix bash scripting, im playing a little bit with egrep/grep. I have serveral files and i do a search on those files, like "aki", the result is many rows outcoming and serveral of them are dubble because aki wil come more than ones in a file, how can i get a result that it... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tvrman
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

pipe result from grep

Trying to create a command line script to look for all files matching a pattern, grep for a specific value in each file, and write out the filename long list. It's possible the filename won't containe the value. { echo “Running....” for fname in 811_Intermediate_File_* do grep -l... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gavineq
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

grep, expecting 1 result, getting more

Hi Please take a look below, I'm grepping for /app/oracle and would like explicitly that result and not /app/oracle/admin as well. # cat /tmp/fs.list /app/oracle /app/oracle/admin # cat /tmp/fs.list | grep -w "/app/oracle" /app/oracle /app/oracle/admin (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: s1ckle
3 Replies

8. Solaris

grep result in newline

Hi While trying to do a search on solaris, the grep results seems to be appearing on the same line instead of the new line. Wed Jan 18 14:45:48 weblogic@test:/abcd$ grep qainejb02 * qa_cluster_biz_view_tc_intl_servers_ports_2:qainejb02 7101 qa_cluster_servers_2:qainejb02... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ganga.dharan
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Bash - CLI - grep - Passing result to grep through pipe

Hello. I want to get all modules which are loaded and which name are exactly 2 characters long and not more than 2 characters and begin with "nv" lsmod | (e)grep '^nv???????????? I want to get all modules which are loaded and which name begin with "nv" and are 2 to 7 characters long ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jcdole
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep result from dd command

Hi, I am running following command in a bash script for testing IO and use grep to get throughput number, but it did not work, it displayed everything: dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/null bs=1G count=1 oflag=dsync | grep bytes | awk '{print $7}' 1+0 records in 1+0 records out 536870912 bytes... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hce
2 Replies
MAVEN(1)							   User Commands							  MAVEN(1)

NAME
Maven - Installs a jar into /usr/share/maven-repo. SYNOPSIS
mh_installjar [option]... [pom] [jar] [link]... DESCRIPTION
Installs the jar file in /usr/share/maven-repo, at the correct location for Maven. The jar is copied into the build directory. It can also create additional links to the jar, usually located in /usr/share/java. Where [pom] is the location of the POM associated with the jar to install. GroupId, artifactId and version will be extracted from this file. [jar] is the path to the jar to install, usually located in the build folder. [link] is an additional link to the jar to install, usually there should be a link to usr/share/java/$jar.jar and usr/share/java/$jar-$version.jar to comply with the Java packaging guidelines. Note that there is no need to specify those particular links if the --java-lib option is used. OPTIONS
-h --help: show this text -V --version: show the version -p<package> --package=<package>: name of the Debian package which will contain this jar file -e<version>, --set-version=<version>: set the version for the jar, do not use the version declared in the POM file. -r<rules> --rules=<rules>: path to the file containing the rules to apply when cleaning the POM. Optional, the default location is debian/maven.rules Maven rules are used here to extract the groupId, artifactId and version from the POM file. -l --java-lib: Optional, if given it will install the jar into /usr/share/java to comply with the Debian Java specification. The jar will be installed as /usr/share/java/$name-$version.jar and a versionless link /usr/share/java/$name.jar will point to it, as well as the links installed in /usr/share/maven-repo -n<name> --usj-name=<name>: Optional, the name to use when installing the library in /usr/share/java when --java-lib is used. Defaults to the artifact id found in the POM. -j<version> --usj-version=<version>: Optional, the version to use when installing the library in /usr/share/java when --java-lib is used. Defaults to the version found in the POM. -s --no-usj-versionless: Optional, don't install the versionless link in /usr/share/java. This flag is used only when the -l or --java-lib option is given. -d<path> --dest-jar=<path>: Optional, the destination for the real jar. The other places where the jar appears, in the repository or in the list of links, will be symlinks to this jar. Defaults to /usr/share/java/$name-$version.jar if --java-lib is used, otherwise the jar is installed in the versioned path in the Maven reposi- tory. -c<classifier> --classifier=<classifier>: Optional, the classifier for the jar. Empty by default. -v --verbose: show more information while running -n --no-act: don't actually do anything, just print the results --skip-clean-pom: don't clean the pom, assume that a previous action ran mh_cleanpom with the correct options. mh_cleanpom is run only to extract the groupId, artifactId and version of the jar See also: mh_installpom(1), mh_installsite(1) Maven Repo Helper version 1.7.1 January 2012 MAVEN(1)