Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: File Read using awk
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting File Read using awk Post 302191680 by rejirajraghav on Sunday 4th of May 2008 09:39:27 AM
Old 05-04-2008
File Read using awk

Hi,

I need to read two colums(4th and 5th) from a file and do some manipulation

Input file is
401500 IOC Q 14 14
406200 LC Q 1 1
410124 IOC Q 5 4
410124 LC Q 11 8
410132 IOC Q 230 229
410148 IOC Q 5 5
410148 LC Q 11 11
410156 IOC Q 116 116
410156 LC Q 2038 2031

condition that i need to check is

f $4 > $5
diff = $4-$5
elif $5 > $4
diff=$5-$4
errpct = $4*0.05
if errpct > diff
error
else if errpct -le diff
success

How can i achive this using shell script. Please help

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with awk - read from file

Hi, I've got a file like the following: Starting to process segment 0 (and symmetry related segments) Number of (cancelled) singularities: 0 Number of (cancelled) negative numerators: 0 Segment 0: 5.49secs Starting to process segment 1 (and symmetry related segments) Number of... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: giorgos193
7 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to re-read a file in AWK

Hi , i am having some problem with re-reading the same file in AWK. here is the scenario. function 1 { some_string > " file1 " # i have redirected output to file1. ........... ........ } Now in function 2 { ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: madhaviece
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help with awk - how to read a content of a file from every file from file list

Hi Experts. I need to list the file and the filename comes from the file ListOfFile.txt. Basicly I have a filename "ListOfFile.txt" and it contain Example of ListOfFile.txt /home/Dave/Program/Tran1.P /home/Dave/Program/Tran2.P /home/Dave/Program/Tran3.P /home/Dave/Program/Tran4.P... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: tanit
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read a file and search a value in another file create third file using AWK

Hi, I have two files with the format shown below. I need to read first field(value before comma) from file 1 and search for a record in file 2 that has the same value in the field "KEY=" and write the complete record of file 2 with corresponding field 2 of the first file in to result file. ... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: King Kalyan
11 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk line to read file

OK, I want to read a textfile `base.txt` looking like this: MASTER SLAVE PERP_BASE /_\ DAYS /_\ DOPPLER x20080613 x20080829 123.3909 77 11.04877 x20080613 x20080909 -5.9504 88 -12.78454 x20080613... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: friend
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help on awk to read xml file

Hello, I have a xml file as shown below. I want to parse the file and store data in variables. xml file looks like: <TEST NAME="DataBaseurl">jdbc:oracle:thin:@localhost:1521:ora10</TEST> <TEST NAME="Databaseuser">Pradeep</TEST> ...... and many other such lines i want to read this file and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pradeepmacha
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using awk instead of while loop to read file

Hello, I have a huge file, I am currently using while loop to read and do some calculation on it, but it is taking a lot of time. I want to use AWK to read and do those calculations. Please suggest. currently doing: cat input2 | while read var1 do num=`echo $var1 | awk... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: anand2308
6 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Using awk to read a file and process

I am fairly green using awk so I don't have anything started but what I am trying to do is: I have a file called "contacts" and in the file are 3 fields separate by ;. I want to read each line and send an email script. I have the email function working but just need to know how to setup awk to... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: ziggy6
8 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read values from second file in awk

Hello Friends, I have written a script like the following, which finds some logs and fetchs some desired rows and then calculate average processing time of a spesific application. if then echo echo "----- There are three arguments which is expected to run this script! ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: EAGL€
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Use while loop to read file and use ${file} for both filename input into awk and as string to print

I have files named with different prefixes. From each I want to extract the first line containing a specific string, and then print that line along with the prefix. I've tried to do this with a while loop, but instead of printing the prefix I print the first line of the file twice. Files:... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pathunkathunk
3 Replies
ib(4)								   File Formats 							     ib(4)

NAME
ib - InfiniBand device driver configuration files DESCRIPTION
The InfiniBand (IB) bus is an I/O transport based on switched fabrics. IB devices are managed by the ib(7D) nexus driver. There are three categories of InfiniBand devices: o IB port/IB VPPA/IB HCA_SVC devices o IB IOC devices o IB Psuedo devices The IB port/IB VPPA/IB HCA_SVC devices are enumerated by way of the ib.conf file. See ib(7D). The IB IOC devices are enumerated using the InfiniBand Device management class. See ibdm(7D). For devices not in these two categories, most notably IB Psuedo devices, the driver must provide configuration files to inform the system of the IB devices to be created. Configuration parameters are represented in the form of name value pairs you can retrieve using the DDI property interfaces. See ddi_prop_op(9F) for details. Configuration files for IB device drivers must identify the parent driver explicitly as "ib," and must create a string array property called "unit-address" which is unique to this entry in the configuration file. Drivers name "ibport" and "ioc" are reserved by ib(7D) and should not be used. Each entry in the configuration file creates a prototype devinfo node. Each node is assigned a unit address which is determined by the value of the "unit-address" property. This property is only applicable to children of the IB parent and is required. See driver.conf(4) for further details on configuration file syntax. EXAMPLES
Example 1: Sample configuration file Here is a configuration file called ibgen.conf for an IB device driver that implements a generic IB driver. This file creates a node called "ibgen." # # Copyright 2002-2003 Sun Microsystems, Inc. All rights reserved. # Use is subject to license terms. # #ident "@(#)ibgen.conf 1.3 03/05/01 SMI" name="ibgen" parent="ib" unit-address="0"; SEE ALSO
driver.conf(4), ib(7D), ibtl(7D), ddi_prop_op(9F) SunOS 5.10 19 Feb 2004 ib(4)