Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting need to extract warnings and cautions Post 302191678 by fpmurphy on Sunday 4th of May 2008 09:25:47 AM
Old 05-04-2008
Provide an example of your file please

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

Sysback Warnings

I am currently running backups using an entry in the crontab redirection the output to a file. From time to time I get a backup complete with Warnings but don't know what the warnings are and they don't appear in the file. Where can I view the warings? Is there a command to view the warnings? ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: daveisme
2 Replies

2. AIX

/etc/syslog.conf file and warnings

Hi All, I am working on a server which has an /etc/syslog.conf file with the following entries (example): local6.debug /dplogs/uss1udp001.log rotate size 1500m time 1d files 14 local7.debug /dplogs/uss1udp002.log rotate size 1500m time 1d files 14 -----------------------------... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jeffpas
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Suppress awk warnings

Hello everyone, Sorry if this is a bit of an RTM thing, but I can't find any flags for suppressing warnings with awk and Googling (this site too) didn't yield much useful. Does anyone know how to suppress warnings? The warning I'm specifically trying to remove is one warning me that I'm... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kdelok
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to suppress minor C compiler warnings

Hi, I develop code using a few different solaris platforms. I've recently moved to SunOS 5.10 using the following c compiler. Sun C++ 5.9 SunOS_sparc Patch 124863-01 2007/07/25 On this box and these versions I get hundreds of warnings that do not appear of the earlier solaris/c versions. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: speedos82
4 Replies

5. Solaris

Not getting warnings!!

I have tried to compile the code on solaris which is bash-3.00$ uname -a SunOS zen 5.7 Generic_106541-37 sun4u sparc SUNW,Ultra-80 bash-3.00$ CC -V CC: WorkShop Compilers 5.0 98/12/15 C++ 5.0 when I compile just a simple program, int main() { long kk = 200; int jj = kk; return... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: amit_27
0 Replies

6. AIX

Warnings in AIX

Dear experts, please help in this regard, when i am trying to compile some files for 64 bit in AIX, iam getting this warning "/usr/include/alloca.h", line 34.9: 1540-1401 (I) An unknown "pragma __alloca" is specified. how to solve this warning , what is the significance of this please... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vin_pll
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to handle errors and warnings

Hi Guys, I am working on a shell script(main script) where in i have to call another script B and pass parameter to that script. I see that the shell script that is being called in the main script is throwing warnings/fatal errors. So i am just wondering how do i capture these and ask the script... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: stunnerz_84
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

executing script shows some warnings

Hi, Upon executing the below script ..... #!/bin/sh while read DAYS INDIR OUTDIR do find $INDIR -type f "!" -mtime $DAYS -exec mv {} $OUTDIR \; done </home/Administrator/scripts/tarconfig.sh I got the following error... and the files are transferred to out put folder from input... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: rahul125
9 Replies
File::Find::Rule::Perl(3)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				 File::Find::Rule::Perl(3)

NAME
File::Find::Rule::Perl - Common rules for searching for Perl things SYNOPSIS
use File::Find::Rule (); use File::Find::Rule::Perl (); # Find all Perl files smaller than 10k my @files = File::Find::Rule->perl_file ->size('<10Ki') ->in('dir'); # Locate all the modules that PAUSE will index my @mod = File::Find::Rule->no_index ->perl_module ->in('My-Distribution'); DESCRIPTION
I write a lot of things that muck with Perl files. And it always annoyed me that finding "perl files" requires a moderately complex File::Find::Rule pattern. File::Find::Rule::Perl provides methods for finding various types Perl-related files, or replicating search queries run on a distribution in various parts of the CPAN ecosystem. METHODS
perl_module The "perl_module" rule locates perl modules. That is, files that are named "*.pm". This rule is equivalent to "->"file->name( '*.pm' )> and is included primarily for completeness. perl_test The "perl_test" rule locates perl test scripts. That is, files that are named "*.t". This rule is equivalent to "->"file->name( '*.t' )> and is included primarily for completeness. perl_installer The "perl_installer" rule locates perl distribution installers. That is, it locates "Makefile.PL" and "Build.PL" files. perl_script The "perl_script" rule locates perl scripts. This is any file that ends in .pl, or any files without extensions that have a perl "hash-bang" line. perl_file The "perl_file" rule locates all files containing Perl code. This includes all the files matching the above "perl_module", "perl_test", "perl_installer" and "perl_script" rules. no_index # Provide the rules directly $rule->no_index( directory => [ 'inc', 't', 'examples' ], file => [ 'Foo.pm', 'lib/Foo.pm' ], ); # Provide a META.yml to use $rule->no_index( 'META.yml' ); # Provide a dist root directory to look for a META.yml in $rule->no_index( 'My-Distribution' ); # Automatically pick up a META.yml from the target directory $rule->no_index->in( 'My-Distribution' ); The "no_index" method applies a set of rules as per the no_index section in a "META.yml" file. SUPPORT
Bugs should always be submitted via the CPAN bug tracker <http://rt.cpan.org/NoAuth/ReportBug.html?Queue=File-Find-Rule-Perl> For other issues, contact the maintainer AUTHOR
Adam Kennedy <adamk@cpan.org> SEE ALSO
<http://ali.as/>, File::Find::Rule, File::Find::Rule::PPI COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2006 - 2012 Adam Kennedy. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. The full text of the license can be found in the LICENSE file included with this module. perl v5.16.3 2012-10-31 File::Find::Rule::Perl(3)