Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting retrive lines from a file using AWK command Post 302191640 by swamymns on Sunday 4th of May 2008 02:02:26 AM
Old 05-04-2008
retrive lines from a file using AWK command

Dear friends,
please tell me how to get some required lines from a file and write to another file using AWK command.
i.e.,
if a file contains,

abcdefghigk
lmnopqrstuv

wxyz

please tell me how to get lines(line count is always 2 and it's contineous) mentioned in blue colour from above file and write the same to another file.

thanks in advance,
swamymns

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to run awk command having multiple lines

Hi, Can u see the code below. set xyz = `cat testt1.txt | awk '/-----/{\ print $1 }\ ' | tail -1` I need to execute it in c shell . What is wrong with the above command. When i write everything on a single line then it is working. Can anybody help me . (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: nani_g
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

help to retrive data from log file

hi i have following file. where i m trying to retrive data on latest date. let us say we are extracting data from this file for Jun 30 where date is highest date in log file. here i want to take output in other file from first line of Jun 30 to the end of file in short i want retrive... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: d_swapneel14
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Retrive deleted file's info

I have shell script which reads files, stores its data into Oracle and then deletes tht file. now i want to know creation date and time of deleted files. can we do this? if yes then how? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: asmita
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

to retrive data that appear only once in a file.

hi, I need to get the list of functions that are used more than once in a file list. Thanks in advance (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: anibu
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

retrive value from a file

hi i am new to shell scripting i have a properties file like hs=abc hs1=def hs2=ghi now i want to retrive each value and assign it to a variable like var1 = abc please help (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: satish@123
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Retrive the value returned by a command excuted in a remote server using ssh

Hello Everybody, I'm facing a weird problem with the awk command. I try to retrieve in a variable the value returned by a simple ls command. ls /export/home/tmp |tail -1 return a good value (the name of the . But When I try to execute the same command in a remote server using ssh as... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jabarod
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk/sed Command : Parse parameter file / send the lines to the ksh export command

Sorry for the duplicate thread this one is similar to the one in https://www.unix.com/shell-programming-scripting/88132-awk-sed-script-read-values-parameter-files.html#post302255121 Since there were no responses on the parent thread since it got resolved partially i thought to open the new... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajan_san
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

AWK Command to duplicate lines in a file?

Hi, I have a file with date in it like: UserString1 UserString2 UserString3 UserString4 UserString5 I need two entries for each line so it reads like UserString1 UserString1 UserString2 UserString2 etc. Can someone help me with the awk command please? Thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Grueben
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

AWK getline command to read more then two lines

Hello, Am trying to print three lines in a single line using AWK getline command. Below is the command am trying and its displaying only two lines in a single line. Command: awk '{getline n; printf($0,t);next}' Can you please help me ? Thanks, Prince (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: prince1987
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk command to find seq lines

I have a below file FILE.cfg JAN_01 VAR1=4 VAR2=SUM VAR3=PRIVATE JAN_10 VAR1=44 VAR2=GUN VAR3=NATUR JAN_20 VAR1=3 VAR2=TQN VAR3=COMMA code: (JAN_10 is argument passed from script) (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Roozo
6 Replies
GRUB-RENDER-LABEL(1)                                               User Commands                                              GRUB-RENDER-LABEL(1)

NAME
grub-render-label - generate a .disk_label for Apple Macs. SYNOPSIS
grub-render-label [OPTION...] [OPTIONS] DESCRIPTION
Render Apple .disk_label. -b, --bgcolor=COLOR use COLOR for background -c, --color=COLOR use COLOR for text -f, --font=FILE use FILE as font (PF2). -i, --input=FILE read text from FILE. -o, --output=FILE set output filename. Default is STDOUT -t, --text=STRING set the label to render -v, --verbose print verbose messages. -?, --help give this help list --usage give a short usage message -V, --version print program version Mandatory or optional arguments to long options are also mandatory or optional for any corresponding short options. REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs to <bug-grub@gnu.org>. SEE ALSO
The full documentation for grub-render-label is maintained as a Texinfo manual. If the info and grub-render-label programs are properly installed at your site, the command info grub-render-label should give you access to the complete manual. grub-render-label (GRUB) 2.02-2ubuntu8.3 July 2018 GRUB-RENDER-LABEL(1)