Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Simple script to modify kickstart file Post 302191585 by syndex on Saturday 3rd of May 2008 08:07:48 AM
Old 05-03-2008
So star out and create the script.

Inside the script echo your questions and then read the answer to assign it to a variable. Ex:

echo "What is the ip address?"
read ipaddress

What is the gateway address?
read gatewayaddress

What is the hostname?
read hostname

So now you have your answers assigned to variables. Now echo each line of your kickstart file, but instead of the IP address you listed below, now replace it with $ipaddress.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Modify script to generate a log file

I've seen several examples of scripts in thise forum about having a script generate a log file. I have a script that is run from cron and that monitors a file system for a specfic filename(s) and then performs some actions on them. Normally I call this script from another script (which the one... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: heprox
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to modify a file using shell script

Hi, i am using SuonOS and ksh. i need to add data into a file(s.txt) using a shell script. i have to pass 3 parameters and these 3 paramaters should add into the file at end of the file. File s.txt is look like, --------------------------------- column1|column2|column3 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: syamkp
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to modify a file of different username through script.

Hi ! All I want to write a script where, it will open a new shell with a username / pwd and modify a file of same username and exit. example: 1. UserA 2. UserB- FileB ScriptA -> su UserB -> Modify FileB -> Exit ScriptA Can somebody give me a direction , on how to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dashok.83
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to modify the contents of file using script

Hi, Can anyone pls let me know how can i modify the file contents thru script. Eg. I have file abc.dat that contains below lines Merge.resync.cycleFlag Merge.resync.logFlag Merge.resync.maxByteRate Merge.resync.maxSearch Merge.resync.rate Merge.resync.tickLog ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sdosanjh
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to modify csv-file with bash script

Hi Guys, I need to write a script, that exports the "moz_places" table of the "places.sqlite"-file (firefox browser history) into a csv-file. That part works. After the export, my csv looks like this: ... 4429;http://www.sqlite.org/sqlite.html;"Command Line Shell For... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sebi0815
11 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Modify text file using shell script

Hi, I have a text file which is following format - COL VAL ABC 1 ABC 2 ABC 3 ABC 4 ABC 5 My requirement is to search for a particular value (provided by user) in the file and comment the previous entries including that as well. E.g. If I search for number 3, then the output... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: bhupinder08
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to modify file in several directories

Hi, I want a script shell to automate modifying httpd.conf file for several instances of apache, save httpd.file before changing it, after modifying it and then restart apache. - Replace ServerRoot "xxxx" by ServerRoot "yyyy" of all directories : "... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: bras39
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Modify the file by script

Hi All, I have an input file like below, 6984 1225 6989 1220 6994 1214 ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Indra2011
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Modify the text file by script

Hi All the Helpers! I have a text file which looks like input.txt.I would request to please suggest me how can I make this file look like output.txt input.txt VOP 111 0 1 2 DEM 111 0 222 333 444 555 879 888 987 888 989 VOP 118 0... (2 Replies)
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

modify the test file by any script

Hi All the Helpers! I have a text file which looks like input.txt.I would request to please suggest me how can I make this file look like output.txt input.txt VOP 111 0 1 2 DEM 111 0 222 333 444 555 DEM 879 888 987 888 989 DEM 879 888 987 888 989 VOP 118 0 12 3 6... (7 Replies)
7 Replies
WICD-WIRED-SETTINGS.CONF(5)					File Formats Manual				       WICD-WIRED-SETTINGS.CONF(5)

NAME
wicd-wired-settings.conf - controls Wicd's wired network settings DESCRIPTION
This file contains configuration information for wired interfaces in Wicd. This file is located at /etc/wicd/wired-settings.conf SETTINGS
default = <0|1> This option decides whether to use this profile as the default. 0 = do not use this profile as default. 1 = use this profile as default. beforescript = <None|arbitrary_script> This defines a script to run before Wicd brings up the connection. The script should be a Bourne-compatible script and should be executable. IMPORTANT - scripts should ONLY be writable by root and located in a directory that is only writable by root. afterscript = <None|arbitrary_script> This defines a script to run after Wicd brings up the connection. The script should be a Bourne-compatible script and should be executable. IMPORTANT - scripts should ONLY be writable by root and located in a directory that is only writable by root. predisconnectscript = <None|arbitrary_script> This defines a script to run before Wicd disconnects the interface. The script should be a Bourne-compatible script and should be executable. postdisconnectscript = <None|arbitrary_script> This defines a script to run after Wicd disconnects the interface. The script should be a Bourne-compatible script and should be executable. IMPORTANT - scripts should ONLY be writable by root and located in a directory that is only writable by root. ip = <None|ip_address> Use this option if you have a static ip address for your system. netmask = <None|networkmask> This setting is only appropriate if a static ip address is configured above. broadcast = <None|broadcast_address> This setting is only appropriate if a static ip address is configured above. gateway = <None|gateway_address> This setting is only appropriate if a static ip address is configured above. use_static_dns = <True|False> True = use static DNS servers instead of accepting what the dhcp server supplies. use_global_dns = <True|False> True = use the global DNS servers provided in wicd-manager-settings.conf(5). This option is only appropriate if "use_static_dns = True" dns1 = <None|ip_address> Static DNS address if "use_static_dns = True" and "use_global_dns = False" dns2 = <None|ip_address> Static DNS address if "use_static_dns = True" and "use_global_dns = False" dns3 = <None|ip_address> Static DNS address if "use_static_dns = True" and "use_global_dns = False" SEE ALSO
wicd(8), wicd-curses(8), wicd-manager-settings.conf(5), wicd-wireless-settings.conf(5). wicd-1.7.2.4 WICD-WIRED-SETTINGS.CONF(5)