Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Run browser over VPN
Special Forums Cybersecurity Run browser over VPN Post 302191577 by Neo on Saturday 3rd of May 2008 07:06:29 AM
Old 05-03-2008
What type of VPN is it?

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

help with vpn

We have an older model DG Aviion Unix system and we're trying to switch to VPN but we can't talk to the Unix box... can't ping or telnet to it, but we can talk to all our other systems (PC/NT servers). Is there a network/tcpip setting we're missing? Something we have to change/set, either on... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: markb
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

VPN and then

Hi, I want to work on a remote unix server, then on a windows XP station I have a Forticlient that makes a VPN to the network on which the server is situated. But then I do not know how to work with. In DOS box (cmd BOX) I issue: telnet myserver but It does not know IT. Any idea ? Many thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: big123456
2 Replies

3. Linux

Configure apache to run with perl ... while running from browser it asks to save .pl

I have installed fedora 9 and trying to run .pl (perl files) from browser. I have below RPM installed: ---------------------------------- httpd-2.2.8-3.i386 mod_perl-2.0.3-21.i386 $cat /etc/httpd/conf.d/perl.conf LoadModule perl_module modules/mod_perl.so Alias /perl /var/www/perl... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sriram003
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

run shell script from browser

my shell script is to reset user menu: #!/bin/ksh echo "Type in login id: \c" read username if then echo "....." echo "You have not entered any INPUT value." echo "...Goodbye..." sleep 10 exit else echo $username rm -f... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tjmannonline
3 Replies

5. AIX

Can I run this thing in a web browser?

Old AS/400 guy here now administering an AIX system. We have an application that runs on 3151 emulator. Is it possible via an program or other to run a 3151 session in a web browser? I would like to have some of my user be able to work from home without having to install an emulation program, and... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jeveretts
1 Replies

6. Solaris

Vpn

Hi. Yesterday I installed Solaris 11.3 and I tried to setup a VPN but I didn't find how to make it. I saw the "network manager" where I found the ethernet connection but I didn't find where to add a VPN connection. When I used Debian Linux there was NetworkManagerVPN that with a GUI I... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jena
0 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Preventing Opera browser VPN

A fight against open-access I'm afraid. Opera Software have published their latest browser boasting built in free VPN giving access past firewalls of countries, companies, education establishments etc. Free VPN | Now built into Opera browser As one on the other side of the fence trying to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rbatte1
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to convert my /bin/sh script with cgi and html to run it on browser!??

Hello, I want to run this script on my CentOS 6 via browser : ________________________________________________________________________________________________ #!/bin/sh echo Username? read MY_NAME echo Provisional file name? read MY_FILE echo File NAME you want to save? read MY_FILE2... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: juta2020
16 Replies
hman(1) 						      General Commands Manual							   hman(1)

NAME
hman - browse the on-line manual pages SYNOPSIS
hman [ -P browser ] [ -H host ] [ section ] name hman [ -P browser ] [ -H host ] [ section ] [ index ] DESCRIPTION
The hman script is an interface to man2html(1) that allows you to enter man page requests at the command line and view the output in your favourite browser. The behaviour reminds of that of man(1) so that many people will be able to alias hman to man. If the browser used is netscape, and an incarnation of netscape is running already, hman will pass the request to the existing browser. OPTIONS
-P browser Specify which browser (like lynx, xmosaic, arena, chimera, netscape, amaya, ...) to use. This option overrides the MANHTMLPAGER environment variable. The default is the non-httpd version of lynx, or sensible-browser if lynx cannot be found. -H host Specify from what host to get the man pages. This option overrides the MANHTMLHOST environment variable. The default is localhost. ENVIRONMENT
MANHTMLPAGER The default browser to use is selected using this environment variable. MANHTMLHOST The default host to use is selected using this environment variable. SEE ALSO
man(1), man2html(1), arena(1), lynx(1), sensible-browser(1), netscape(1), xmosaic(1), glimpse(1) http://www.mcom.com/newsref/std/x-remote.html 19 January 1998 hman(1)