Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: ux2dos
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers ux2dos Post 302191546 by zapper222 on Friday 2nd of May 2008 10:17:46 PM
Old 05-02-2008
ux2dos

I am trying to do a ux2dos to several files. Anyone know the syntax for that ??

Thanks
Zapper

We Also Found This Discussion For You

1. HP-UX

Ux2dos script

Hi all, Does anyone know how to convert a good few files in a particular directory (unix) to dos files and place them in another directory? I know this can be done with ux2dos but I am trying to come up with a shell script to do so (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: lcclaj0
13 Replies
DDIS(5) 							File Formats Manual							   DDIS(5)

Name
       DDIS - Digital Data Interchange Syntax / ISO ASN.1 (DDIS/ASN.1) files

Description
       DDIS/ASN.1 files conform to Digital's Digital Data Interchange Syntax.  DDIS conforms to syntaxes that can be defined within the specifica-
       tions of International Standards Organization Abstract Syntax Notation One (ISO ASN.1), but is not itself an  implementation  of  full  ISO
       ASN.1 syntax.

DDIS/ASN.1 files conform to the DDIS/ASN.1 syntax.  The DDIS/ASN.1 syntax is itself used to define other syntaxes.  The following are among
       the syntaxes that are subsets of DDIS/ASN.1:

DDIF   Digital Document Interchange Format

DTIF   Digital Table Interchange Format

DOTS   Data Object Transport Syntax

Files that conform to one of the DDIS/ASN.1 family of syntaxes are described as DDIS/ASN.1 files.  More specifically,  however,	the  files
       are typed according to a particular DDIS/ASN.1 syntax.  For example, a file that conforms to the DDIF syntax is a DDIF file, and is identi-
       fied by the command as a ddis/ddif file. The command includes the string ddis/ as a part of its output if a file belongs in the	DDIS  fam-
       ily.

See Also
       ctod(1), dtoc(1), DDIF(5), DOTS(5), DTIF(5), CDA(5)

DDIS(5)