Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting configuration and template file Post 302191462 by ammu on Friday 2nd of May 2008 04:56:55 PM
Old 05-02-2008
chappidi_pradee

I tried nawk and it worked. Now how can i pass input.txt and output.txt as a parameter to qwk. I tried -v option but it getting hanged. Can you please let me know

Thanks
Ammu

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extracting data from text file based on configuration set in config file

Hi , a:) i have configuration file with pattren <Range start no>,<Range end no>,<type of records to be extracted from the data file>,<name of the file to store output> eg: myfile.confg 9899000000,9899999999,DATA,b.dat 9899000000,9899999999,SMS,a.dat b:) Stucture of my data file is... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: suparnbector
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using SED to generate new file from template

Hi there! I am using a BASH script to read a CSV file (containing variable values)using while read, and for every record I want SED to get a template from a file, and using the variables read from the CSV, write a new file. #!/bin/bash current_ifs=$IFS ; #backup original IFS, need ","... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: ppucci
12 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

xmlstarlet template parse small xml file

I have a file like: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="no"?> <geonames> <geoname> <toponymName>Palos Verdes</toponymName> <name>Palos Verdes</name> <lat>42.1628912</lat> <lng>-123.6481235</lng> <geonameId>5718340</geonameId> <countryCode>US</countryCode>... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: unclecameron
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reading columns, making a new file using another as template

Hi fellas, I have two files such as: File 1 interacao,AspAsp,AspCys,CysAsp,CysCys,classe File 2 interacao,AspAsp,CysAsp,AspCys,CysCys,classe beta_alfa, DA, CA, DD, CD,ppi Thus, I want to make a File 3 using the File 1 as model: e.g. File 3... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: valente
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

filling in strings in a template file using awk

Hi all, I have a template form to fill in for quite a number of files and I want to automate the filling-in process. the concept seemed to be simple but i cant get it work. the template form is a text file containing the information below: File Name: Date Created: Contents: I need to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ida1215
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Creating a larger .xml file from a template(sample file)

Dear All, I have a template xml file like below. ....Some---Header....... <SignalPreference> ... <SignalName>STRING</SignalName> ... </SignalPreference> ......Some formatting text....... <SignalPreference> ......... ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ks_reddy
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

XML File Generation - Template Help

Hi, I have hit a bit of a brick wall.:confused: need the following code edited: echo "<?xml version=\"1.0\"?><dailyBalance_ROWSET>" > ${DataDir}/${extract_script}${ApplicationDate}.${Suffix} RunSQL ${extract_script} ${ActionFlag} echo "</dailyBalance_ROWSET>" >>... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Xergxes7
2 Replies

8. Linux

Search a template file and replace with input

Hi I have a CommonTemplateStop.template file . Inside the file i need to replace the variables DepName and CompInsName with the values(Trade and TradeIns) specified in the script. I have written the below .sh script in linux server which will read the .template file and has to replace the 2... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: samrat dutta
8 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Inputing info from a CSV file and filling a template file

Hi, I have a .csv file that contains a variety of fields for 60 clients: USERNAME, PASSWORD, and COMMENTS. I have a template file which contains a great deal of data for each client and has the fields USERNAME, PASSWORD, and COMMENTS that has to be filled with the values of USERNAME,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mojoman
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Merge strings from a file into a template

I am preparing a morphological grammar of Marathi to be placed in open-source. I have two files. The first file called Adverbs contains a whole list of words, one word per line A sample is given below: आधी इतक इतपत उलट एवढ ऐवजी कड कडनं कडल कडील कडून कडे करता करिता खाल (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gimley
2 Replies
evmreload(1M)															     evmreload(1M)

NAME
evmreload - reload Event Manager configuration files SYNOPSIS
DESCRIPTION
The command posts control events that instruct EVM resident components to reload their configuration files. Use the command to cause EVM to begin using the new configuration at any time that a configuration file has been changed. If no options are specified, the daemon, the channel manager, and the logger all reload their configurations. Reconfigure the daemon at any time that its configuration file or that an event template database has changed. Reconfigure the logger at any time that its configuration file has changed. Reconfigure the channel manager at any time that its configuration file has changed. Resident EVM components also reload their configuration files on receipt of a signal. If an activity monitor is specified in the EVM daemon configuration file, all counts and timers associated with the monitor are reset. Options Reconfigures the EVM channel manager. Reconfigures the EVM daemon. Reconfigures the EVM logger. Syntax checks the event template files and reports errors, but does not make any changes effective. If a daemon reconfiguration is requested, the reconfiguration request is sent even if there are errors in any template file. If errors exist in the template file, there is no guarantee that the new configuration is accepted. Notes The command uses the command to check for errors in configuration files before sending a reload request to EVM. If errors are found, they are reported to and no reconfiguration request is sent. This check does not find all possible errors, however, so be sure to check for errors reported by the EVM components themselves. To do this, run the following command: RETURN VALUES
The following exit values are returned: Successful completion. An error occurred. EXAMPLES
o The following command causes the EVM daemon to reconfigure itself. o The following command causes the EVM logger to reconfigure itself. o The following command causes the EVM channel manager to reconfigure itself. o The following command causes a syntax check of the daemon configuration file without any reconfiguration actually occurring. o The following command reconfigures both the EVM daemon and the EVM logger. o The following command reconfigures the EVM daemon, the EVM logger, and the EVM channel manager. o The following command reconfigures the EVM daemon, the EVM logger, and the EVM channel manager even if there are errors in the template file. WARNINGS
You must be to run this command. SEE ALSO
Commands evmpost(1), evmchmgr(1M), evmd(1M), evminfo(1), evmlogger(1M). Files evmchannel.conf(4), evmdaemon.conf(4), evmlogger.conf(4). Event Management EVM(5). EVM Events EvmEvent(5). evmreload(1M)