Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: PERL Question ...
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting PERL Question ... Post 302191443 by KevinADC on Friday 2nd of May 2008 03:27:46 PM
Old 05-02-2008
If you are trying to match the + in +ASM1

Code:
($tmpuser, $pwd) = ($linein =~ /^\Q$server\E\s*,\s*([^\s,]+)\s*,\|\|(.+)\|\|/sm);

the + needs to be escaped, which \Q will do. \E tells perl where to turn off \Q.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Question about Perl

Where can i find solid information about programming in Perl? Thank you in advance!!!:) (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: SolidSnake
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl: tk question

When i run my perl/tk script, a perl window pops up behind the GUI window,, can this be hidden???? Also, can the Icon be changed, the Tk icon in every window??? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: perleo
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl question

If I use 2 system commands in a script, will one finish before the next one starts? or will it start the first and the second at the same time? i.e. system("ps | grep rminer"); system("ls -al | grep 431"); (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: BG_JrAdmin
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

PERL question

Hello, pkzipc of a certain zip file yeilds the following in shell PKZIP(R) Version 6.0 FAST! Compression Utility for AIX Copyright 1989-2002 PKWARE Inc. All Rights Reserved. Registered Version PKZIP Reg. U.S. Pat. and Tm. Off. Patent No. 5,051,745 Viewing .ZIP: test.zip Length... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: jerardfjay
13 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

another perl question

I copy and paste from the book but this thing is not working. I cannot figure out what is wrong with myline 9.. can someone please tell me # cat ./sort4.pl #!/usr/bin/perl -w use strict; use warnings; my $input = shift; my $output = shift; open(IN, '<', $input) or die... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: hankooknara
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl question regarding [ ]

Below program, I do not get why item I am looking for is , instead of . When I do $#text, i get the right value for $value1, but when I do , i get somsething4, instead of somsethingxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx(which is what I am looking for. when I do , I get empty.. why? what did I do wrong? can you... (2 Replies)
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

another perl question

I fail to see how below answer is 1? can someone explain this for me? DB<3> $string = "The cat sat on the mat"; DB<4> $animal = ($string =~ m/The (.*) sat/); DB<5> print $animal; 1 (2 Replies)
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

another perl question

I have a question regarding bulding a hash from a file which has below pattern I thought I could write something like this but clearly my syntax is way off $/ = "\n\n"; $" = "\n"; open(FILE, file1) || die; my %keymaster = ( ); while (<FILE>) { my $topinfo =~... (5 Replies)
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl Question

Hello all, I have the following line: xxx|xxxx|xxxx|xxx.xx|xxx And i insert the values in an array. I am trying to find out if the field of the array (where field=xxx.xx) has the '.' character. I am using the code below but it doesn't seem to work. if($field=~ /./) { ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: chriss_58
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl question about

Hello everybody, I am new at the forum and a total newbie when it comes to Unix. I am trying to see how I can add the ability to kill a user's processes? I want to add this to my Shel Script Add the code/process into a subroutine. Also, I would like to use an array to store the list... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: kinelisch
0 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangExt(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			       Locale::Codes::LangExt(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangExt - standard codes for language extension identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangExt; $lext = code2langext('acm'); # $lext gets 'Mesopotamian Arabic' $code = langext2code('Mesopotamian Arabic'); # $code gets 'acm' @codes = all_langext_codes(); @names = all_langext_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangExt" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language extensions, such as those as defined in the IANA language registry. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default IANA language registry codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language extensions. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lext = code2langext('acm','alpha'); $lext = code2langext('acm',LOCALE_LANGEXT_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) codes from the IANA language registry, such as 'acm' for Mesopotamian Arabic. This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langext ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langext2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langext_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langext_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langext_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::rename_langext ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::rename_langext_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry The IANA language subtag registry. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2012 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.16.2 2012-10-11 Locale::Codes::LangExt(3pm)