Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Why is it always false?
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Why is it always false? Post 302191426 by vgersh99 on Friday 2nd of May 2008 02:11:52 PM
Old 05-02-2008
either one of these is valid - it's a matter of the coding style:
Code:
if [ -e "$filechk" ]; then

OR
Code:
if [ -e "$filechk" ]
then

Last edited by vgersh99; 05-02-2008 at 03:12 PM.. Reason: stutterin'

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

bin\false

We have requirments to not allow a userid login abilities but allow users to 'su' to it. In solaris I normally set the shell in /etc/passwd to bin/false. THis does not work on Linux, any suggestions would help. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bryanthomas
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

false use of sed???

i want to delete every newline and every line which starts with "RECORD......." in a file. FILE: Record 61391 in base BROCKHAUS (Timestamp: 2008-04-09 11:38:38) UNTERTITEL : Gräfin (seit 1707 Reichsgräfin) von, * Schwerin 4. 2. 1686, + Berlin 21. 10. 1744; wurde Record 61392 in base BROCKHAUS... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: trek
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

will sftp work with /bin/false

helo helo I have create user for the group and entry for the user in /etc/passwd file is liek this bhavin:x:2014:109:test:/home/pds_RBAC:/bin/false I have keep here /bin/false now i m accesing user through sftp ow when i access that user using sftp from the another linux pc for e.g... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: amitpansuria
1 Replies

4. Solaris

False Memory usage alarm!!

Hi Experts, I am using Solaris-10, Sun-Fire-V445. i got often the below message- "Memory Usage – Critical, Memory usage (RAM) exceeding 90% The memory utilization is exceeding 90%" in a application running on solaris. I checked with Vmstat. Everything seems to be fine. Where i should... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: thepurple
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

os.path.isdir is always returning false

Just started with learning python and tried something, most people here would call more than simple. I just wanted to list all directories within my main directory. So I user the following code: #!/usr/bin/env python import os if os.path.isdir("/home/testaccaunt/public_html"): ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: medic
8 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

False Condition

Hi All, I am using the below Script to enter a line in the File: #!/bin/ksh # To delete the last line if it contains the pattern Redirect permanent / Virgin Atlantic Airways - Popup echo "Enter the URL that should point to the particular microsite" read url # To delete the last line if it... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shazin
0 Replies

7. IP Networking

false tcp connection

Why this happens? How to solve this? $netstat -na |grep 9325 tcp 0 0 127.0.0.1:9325 127.0.0.1:9325 ESTABLISHED When a client socket repeatedly tries to connect to an inactive(no server socket is listening on this port) local port,connect succeeds. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: johnbach
1 Replies

8. AIX

Gid=0 and 7 + admin=FALSE

Checking configuration access files for an AIX server, left me wondering about this :confused:: If a user is added to system group, it gets gid=0 with some security risks because it gets some root kind of file access level. Is this insecure condition kept if the user has admin variable... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: bkiddo
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

If echo statement return false

I have this code that sometimes return a false value and the code inside the if statement gets executed and error out. Any idea why? thanks. So I set a debug and see what the value for $ScriptElapsedTime Here is the value I got ScriptElapsedTime='03:20'. Base on this value the if... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: nugent
10 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

False alerts

Hi I have written a script to send email alerts when load of my linux server reaches max point I keep getting false emails thought the load is normal , looks like same email is generated again and again - called from cron tab checked if the tempfile is present , no it is not , cleaned... (22 Replies)
Discussion started by: anil529
22 Replies
mconv_buffer_converter(3m17n)					 The m17n Library				     mconv_buffer_converter(3m17n)

NAME
mconv_buffer_converter - Create a code converter bound to a buffer. SYNOPSIS
MConverter* mconv_buffer_converter (MSymbol name, const unsigned char * buf, int n) DESCRIPTION
Create a code converter bound to a buffer. The mconv_buffer_converter() function creates a pointer to a code converter for coding system name. The code converter is bound to buffer area of n bytes pointed to by buf. Subsequent decodings and encodings are done to/from this buffer area. name can be Mnil. In this case, a coding system associated with the current locale (LC_CTYPE) is used. RETURN VALUE
If the operation was successful, mconv_buffer_converter() returns the created code converter. Otherwise it returns NULL and assigns an error code to the external variable merror_code. ERRORS
MERROR_SYMBOL, MERROR_CODING See Also: mconv_stream_converter() COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2001 Information-technology Promotion Agency (IPA) Copyright (C) 2001-2011 National Institute of Advanced Industrial Science and Technology (AIST) Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License <http://www.gnu.org/licenses/fdl.html>. Version 1.6.2 12 Jan 2011 mconv_buffer_converter(3m17n)