Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Why is it always false?
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Why is it always false? Post 302191406 by vgersh99 on Friday 2nd of May 2008 12:13:25 PM
Old 05-02-2008
Code:
filechk="/home/inform/LeanLogistic/CX_ORDER_LOAD_SHIPMENTexport.csv"

if [ -e "$filechk" ]; then 
   do some stuff
else
   do something else
fi

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

bin\false

We have requirments to not allow a userid login abilities but allow users to 'su' to it. In solaris I normally set the shell in /etc/passwd to bin/false. THis does not work on Linux, any suggestions would help. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bryanthomas
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

false use of sed???

i want to delete every newline and every line which starts with "RECORD......." in a file. FILE: Record 61391 in base BROCKHAUS (Timestamp: 2008-04-09 11:38:38) UNTERTITEL : Gräfin (seit 1707 Reichsgräfin) von, * Schwerin 4. 2. 1686, + Berlin 21. 10. 1744; wurde Record 61392 in base BROCKHAUS... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: trek
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

will sftp work with /bin/false

helo helo I have create user for the group and entry for the user in /etc/passwd file is liek this bhavin:x:2014:109:test:/home/pds_RBAC:/bin/false I have keep here /bin/false now i m accesing user through sftp ow when i access that user using sftp from the another linux pc for e.g... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: amitpansuria
1 Replies

4. Solaris

False Memory usage alarm!!

Hi Experts, I am using Solaris-10, Sun-Fire-V445. i got often the below message- "Memory Usage – Critical, Memory usage (RAM) exceeding 90% The memory utilization is exceeding 90%" in a application running on solaris. I checked with Vmstat. Everything seems to be fine. Where i should... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: thepurple
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

os.path.isdir is always returning false

Just started with learning python and tried something, most people here would call more than simple. I just wanted to list all directories within my main directory. So I user the following code: #!/usr/bin/env python import os if os.path.isdir("/home/testaccaunt/public_html"): ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: medic
8 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

False Condition

Hi All, I am using the below Script to enter a line in the File: #!/bin/ksh # To delete the last line if it contains the pattern Redirect permanent / Virgin Atlantic Airways - Popup echo "Enter the URL that should point to the particular microsite" read url # To delete the last line if it... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shazin
0 Replies

7. IP Networking

false tcp connection

Why this happens? How to solve this? $netstat -na |grep 9325 tcp 0 0 127.0.0.1:9325 127.0.0.1:9325 ESTABLISHED When a client socket repeatedly tries to connect to an inactive(no server socket is listening on this port) local port,connect succeeds. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: johnbach
1 Replies

8. AIX

Gid=0 and 7 + admin=FALSE

Checking configuration access files for an AIX server, left me wondering about this :confused:: If a user is added to system group, it gets gid=0 with some security risks because it gets some root kind of file access level. Is this insecure condition kept if the user has admin variable... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: bkiddo
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

If echo statement return false

I have this code that sometimes return a false value and the code inside the if statement gets executed and error out. Any idea why? thanks. So I set a debug and see what the value for $ScriptElapsedTime Here is the value I got ScriptElapsedTime='03:20'. Base on this value the if... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: nugent
10 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

False alerts

Hi I have written a script to send email alerts when load of my linux server reaches max point I keep getting false emails thought the load is normal , looks like same email is generated again and again - called from cron tab checked if the tempfile is present , no it is not , cleaned... (22 Replies)
Discussion started by: anil529
22 Replies
ExtUtils::Command(3pm)					 Perl Programmers Reference Guide				    ExtUtils::Command(3pm)

NAME
ExtUtils::Command - utilities to replace common UNIX commands in Makefiles etc. SYNOPSIS
perl -MExtUtils::Command -e cat files... > destination perl -MExtUtils::Command -e mv source... destination perl -MExtUtils::Command -e cp source... destination perl -MExtUtils::Command -e touch files... perl -MExtUtils::Command -e rm_f files... perl -MExtUtils::Command -e rm_rf directories... perl -MExtUtils::Command -e mkpath directories... perl -MExtUtils::Command -e eqtime source destination perl -MExtUtils::Command -e test_f file perl -MExtUtils::Command -e test_d directory perl -MExtUtils::Command -e chmod mode files... ... DESCRIPTION
The module is used to replace common UNIX commands. In all cases the functions work from @ARGV rather than taking arguments. This makes them easier to deal with in Makefiles. Call them like this: perl -MExtUtils::Command -e some_command some files to work on and NOT like this: perl -MExtUtils::Command -e 'some_command qw(some files to work on)' For that use Shell::Command. Filenames with * and ? will be glob expanded. FUNCTIONS cat cat file ... Concatenates all files mentioned on command line to STDOUT. eqtime eqtime source destination Sets modified time of destination to that of source. rm_rf rm_rf files or directories ... Removes files and directories - recursively (even if readonly) rm_f rm_f file ... Removes files (even if readonly) touch touch file ... Makes files exist, with current timestamp mv mv source_file destination_file mv source_file source_file destination_dir Moves source to destination. Multiple sources are allowed if destination is an existing directory. Returns true if all moves succeeded, false otherwise. cp cp source_file destination_file cp source_file source_file destination_dir Copies sources to the destination. Multiple sources are allowed if destination is an existing directory. Returns true if all copies succeeded, false otherwise. chmod chmod mode files ... Sets UNIX like permissions 'mode' on all the files. e.g. 0666 mkpath mkpath directory ... Creates directories, including any parent directories. test_f test_f file Tests if a file exists. Exits with 0 if it does, 1 if it does not (ie. shell's idea of true and false). test_d test_d directory Tests if a directory exists. Exits with 0 if it does, 1 if it does not (ie. shell's idea of true and false). dos2unix dos2unix files or dirs ... Converts DOS and OS/2 linefeeds to Unix style recursively. SEE ALSO
Shell::Command which is these same functions but take arguments normally. AUTHOR
Nick Ing-Simmons "ni-s@cpan.org" Maintained by Michael G Schwern "schwern@pobox.com" within the ExtUtils-MakeMaker package and, as a separate CPAN package, by Randy Kobes "r.kobes@uwinnipeg.ca". perl v5.12.1 2010-04-27 ExtUtils::Command(3pm)