Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Passing argument to a pl/sql block Post 302191391 by er_ashu on Friday 2nd of May 2008 11:42:04 AM
Old 05-02-2008
What if I have a file ex.txt with contents

and I want to pass each of these as an argument (ARG_I_ORD_KEY) to PL/SQL block.

DECLARE
RetVal INTEGER;
ARG_I_ORD_KEY NUMBER;

BEGIN
ARG_I_DOC_KEY := NULL;

RetVal := DBPROD.PILOT_Subdoc_Mgr.ONLINEORDAPPROVED ( ARG_I_ORD_KEY );
END;

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with Argument Passing

Greetings, I am wrapping the monitoring commands like vmstat, sar, iostat and call via arguments I want ./unix_stats.sh -v vmstat -p <SEC> -d <Duration> to give vmstat values, and similarly iostat etc.,. Also if I give ./unix_stats.sh -v vmstat -i iostat -p <SEC> -d <Duration> should give... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: A_Rod
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

passing Argument

Hi All, i have script like below.. echo "1) first option" echo "" echo "2) second option" echo "" echo "*) please enter the correct option" read select case $select in 1) echo "first option selected" ;; 2) echo "second option selected" ;; *) echo "please enter the correct... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shahul
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using GET, passing argument to bash

Hi guys! So, I use GET ( Simple user agent using LWP library. ) on a remote text file that is then passed to bash and executed. However, I need to pass that bash script a single argument, and so far nothing that I have tried has worked, although I have learned quite a bit about input/output... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rhije
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help required in passing multiple arguments from a shell script to a pl/sql block

Hi, hope everyone are fine. Please find my issue below, and I request your help in the same In a configuration file, i have a variable defined as below TEST = 'One','Two','Three' I am trying to pass this variable in to a sql script which is define in a pl/sql block as follows, In the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ramakanth_burra
1 Replies

5. Programming

Passing argument to a program!!

Hi friends, I have a small query, hope u will help me with it. I want to write a small program which would take an integer as an argument, then I want to save that argument in a variable of type int. Could you please help me with it. Here is my program #include <stdio.h> int main(int... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gabam
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with passing argument

Hi, I have a script that is scheduled with cron and runs every night. The cron part looks like this: 00 20 * * 0,1,2,3,4,5,6 /usr/local/bin/BACKUP TBTARM HOT DELETE My issue is with the 3rd parameter. Somewhere in the script, i want to tell the script to delete some files if the 3rd... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: dollypee
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Argument passing

How to pass the alphabet character as a argument in case and in if block? ex: c=$1 if a-z ]] then echo "alphabet" case $1 in a-z) echo "the value is a alphabet" edit by bakunin: please use CODE-tags. We REALLY mean it. (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Roozo
9 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing the result of an anonymous pl/sql block to a shell script

Hello, Here is the code i have written to get the count of a plsql query back to the unix. function checkforCOIDs { countcheck=`sqlplus -s $1/$2@$3 whenever oserror exit sql.oscode rollback whenever sqlerror exit sql.sqlcode rollback set serverout on size 2000; set head off feedback off... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: santosh2eee
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing sql file name as an argument

Hi all, I have a a file which contains an oracle query. If this file is pushed into a shell script such as the below, it of course works fine. #!/usr/bin/sh su - oracle -c 'sqlplus -s / as sysdba <<EOF @/home/cron/ORA/sql/T-ORA006-OracleSessions.sql exit; EOF . What i am after... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nms
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Passing a second argument

I am trying to pass a second argument like so: if ] then export ARG2=$2 else message "Second argument not specified: USAGE - $PROGRAM_NAME ARG1 ARG2" checkerror -e 2 -m "Please specify if it is a history or weekly (H or W) extract in the 2nd argument" fi however, it always goes... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: MIA651
4 Replies
MOVE(7) 							   SQL Commands 							   MOVE(7)

NAME
MOVE - position a cursor SYNOPSIS
MOVE [ direction { FROM | IN } ] cursorname DESCRIPTION
MOVE repositions a cursor without retrieving any data. MOVE works exactly like the FETCH command, except it only positions the cursor and does not return rows. The parameters for the MOVE command are identical to those of the FETCH command; refer to FETCH [fetch(7)] for details on syntax and usage. OUTPUTS
On successful completion, a MOVE command returns a command tag of the form MOVE count The count is the number of rows that a FETCH command with the same parameters would have returned (possibly zero). EXAMPLES
BEGIN WORK; DECLARE liahona CURSOR FOR SELECT * FROM films; -- Skip the first 5 rows: MOVE FORWARD 5 IN liahona; MOVE 5 -- Fetch the 6th row from the cursor liahona: FETCH 1 FROM liahona; code | title | did | date_prod | kind | len -------+--------+-----+------------+--------+------- P_303 | 48 Hrs | 103 | 1982-10-22 | Action | 01:37 (1 row) -- Close the cursor liahona and end the transaction: CLOSE liahona; COMMIT WORK; COMPATIBILITY
There is no MOVE statement in the SQL standard. SEE ALSO
CLOSE [close(7)], DECLARE [declare(7)], FETCH [fetch(7)] SQL - Language Statements 2010-05-14 MOVE(7)