Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting configuration and template file Post 302191350 by ammu on Friday 2nd of May 2008 09:13:47 AM
Old 05-02-2008
Thanks for replying..

I am getting the below error.

awk: syntax error near line 1
awk: bailing out near line 1

Thanks
Ammu

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extracting data from text file based on configuration set in config file

Hi , a:) i have configuration file with pattren <Range start no>,<Range end no>,<type of records to be extracted from the data file>,<name of the file to store output> eg: myfile.confg 9899000000,9899999999,DATA,b.dat 9899000000,9899999999,SMS,a.dat b:) Stucture of my data file is... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: suparnbector
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using SED to generate new file from template

Hi there! I am using a BASH script to read a CSV file (containing variable values)using while read, and for every record I want SED to get a template from a file, and using the variables read from the CSV, write a new file. #!/bin/bash current_ifs=$IFS ; #backup original IFS, need ","... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: ppucci
12 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

xmlstarlet template parse small xml file

I have a file like: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="no"?> <geonames> <geoname> <toponymName>Palos Verdes</toponymName> <name>Palos Verdes</name> <lat>42.1628912</lat> <lng>-123.6481235</lng> <geonameId>5718340</geonameId> <countryCode>US</countryCode>... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: unclecameron
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reading columns, making a new file using another as template

Hi fellas, I have two files such as: File 1 interacao,AspAsp,AspCys,CysAsp,CysCys,classe File 2 interacao,AspAsp,CysAsp,AspCys,CysCys,classe beta_alfa, DA, CA, DD, CD,ppi Thus, I want to make a File 3 using the File 1 as model: e.g. File 3... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: valente
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

filling in strings in a template file using awk

Hi all, I have a template form to fill in for quite a number of files and I want to automate the filling-in process. the concept seemed to be simple but i cant get it work. the template form is a text file containing the information below: File Name: Date Created: Contents: I need to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ida1215
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Creating a larger .xml file from a template(sample file)

Dear All, I have a template xml file like below. ....Some---Header....... <SignalPreference> ... <SignalName>STRING</SignalName> ... </SignalPreference> ......Some formatting text....... <SignalPreference> ......... ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ks_reddy
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

XML File Generation - Template Help

Hi, I have hit a bit of a brick wall.:confused: need the following code edited: echo "<?xml version=\"1.0\"?><dailyBalance_ROWSET>" > ${DataDir}/${extract_script}${ApplicationDate}.${Suffix} RunSQL ${extract_script} ${ActionFlag} echo "</dailyBalance_ROWSET>" >>... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Xergxes7
2 Replies

8. Linux

Search a template file and replace with input

Hi I have a CommonTemplateStop.template file . Inside the file i need to replace the variables DepName and CompInsName with the values(Trade and TradeIns) specified in the script. I have written the below .sh script in linux server which will read the .template file and has to replace the 2... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: samrat dutta
8 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Inputing info from a CSV file and filling a template file

Hi, I have a .csv file that contains a variety of fields for 60 clients: USERNAME, PASSWORD, and COMMENTS. I have a template file which contains a great deal of data for each client and has the fields USERNAME, PASSWORD, and COMMENTS that has to be filled with the values of USERNAME,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mojoman
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Merge strings from a file into a template

I am preparing a morphological grammar of Marathi to be placed in open-source. I have two files. The first file called Adverbs contains a whole list of words, one word per line A sample is given below: आधी इतक इतपत उलट एवढ ऐवजी कड कडनं कडल कडील कडून कडे करता करिता खाल (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gimley
2 Replies
IGAWK(1)							 Utility Commands							  IGAWK(1)

NAME
igawk - gawk with include files SYNOPSIS
igawk [ all gawk options ] -f program-file [ -- ] file ... igawk [ all gawk options ] [ -- ] program-text file ... DESCRIPTION
Igawk is a simple shell script that adds the ability to have ``include files'' to gawk(1). AWK programs for igawk are the same as for gawk, except that, in addition, you may have lines like @include getopt.awk in your program to include the file getopt.awk from either the current directory or one of the other directories in the search path. OPTIONS
See gawk(1) for a full description of the AWK language and the options that gawk supports. EXAMPLES
cat << EOF > test.awk @include getopt.awk BEGIN { while (getopt(ARGC, ARGV, "am:q") != -1) ... } EOF igawk -f test.awk SEE ALSO
gawk(1) Effective AWK Programming, Edition 1.0, published by the Free Software Foundation, 1995. AUTHOR
Arnold Robbins (arnold@skeeve.com). Free Software Foundation Nov 3 1999 IGAWK(1)