Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: AIX Trial Version
Operating Systems AIX AIX Trial Version Post 302191256 by secofr on Friday 2nd of May 2008 03:58:32 AM
Old 05-02-2008
AIX Trial Version

Hello,
I'm now trying to learn AIX and I found lot of used AIX machines in ebay. I want to clear some doubts before I go for one.
1)Do I need a license to run an AIX machine?
2)Is there any Trial versions available?
3)Some Old Models of AS400 machines( model 150) don't need a license upto certain vertion of operating system. Is there such a facility in AIX?

Thanks in advance.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

VI Editor Trial Version?

Hi, I would like to know if there's a free trial version of a VI editor available somewhere? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: elamvik
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Implementing "Time Limited, Trial" version of my program

Hello everyone, I am just looking for ideas on how I can implement a demo version of my program which will be available in unix environment (solaris and linux). So what I have in mind is to either implement a limited-time version (trial version expires after 30 days) or a limited-number... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: the_learner
4 Replies

3. AIX

AIX Version 4 Bacup - HELP!

I am TOTALy new to Unix. One of the internal tapes will be replaced by an external one today. I don't even know where to start....how is the install done and how do I redirect the backup to the new external tape drive? Please help - anyone? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: aneta0803
3 Replies

4. AIX

AIX version

Hi all Can any1 tell me how to check the AIX version on my server. I have used uname -a but it does not give a specific version number. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: masquerer
4 Replies

5. AIX

Help me explain mean of AIX Version ?

Anyone can help me explain the mean of AIX 5L 5.3 ML3 I don't know "what re - 5L mean and ML3 mean " Tks all. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: quan0509
2 Replies

6. Solaris

Veritas Netbackup Trial Version

Hi all, Good day to all. Anyone here who recently tried to download a trial version for Veritas Netbackup for Sun Solaris System? The reason for asking is that, I need to download a trial version for testing purposes. I tried to look at the Symantec website but unfortunately, it is not... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: graboid888
0 Replies

7. AIX

Where can I download a trial version of AIX?

hi how r? , where can I download a trial version of AIX , I know this is a very IMB verions but there some demo saludos (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cejodrake
2 Replies

8. AIX

aix version 5

I have been given multiple years of login files to determine workload. How do I determine the year in regards to the login. This is what is looks like now. witkoaxdm/_0Sep 13 07:45 still logged in. thank you (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wildchild
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

AIX version selection

Hi, I would like to upgrade my AIX box 6.1 to 7.1/7.2. Current info of my AIX 6.1 box / > oslevel -s 6100-09-11-1810 System Model: IBM,9117-MMD Machine Serial Number: xxx Processor Type: PowerPC_POWER7 Processor Implementation Mode: POWER 7 Processor Version: PV_7_Compat Number Of... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Phat
10 Replies
PASSWD(1SSL)							      OpenSSL							      PASSWD(1SSL)

NAME
openssl-passwd, passwd - compute password hashes SYNOPSIS
openssl passwd [-help] [-crypt] [-1] [-apr1] [-aixmd5] [-5] [-6] [-salt string] [-in file] [-stdin] [-noverify] [-quiet] [-table] [-rand file...] [-writerand file] {password} DESCRIPTION
The passwd command computes the hash of a password typed at run-time or the hash of each password in a list. The password list is taken from the named file for option -in file, from stdin for option -stdin, or from the command line, or from the terminal otherwise. The Unix standard algorithm crypt and the MD5-based BSD password algorithm 1, its Apache variant apr1, and its AIX variant are available. OPTIONS
-help Print out a usage message. -crypt Use the crypt algorithm (default). -1 Use the MD5 based BSD password algorithm 1. -apr1 Use the apr1 algorithm (Apache variant of the BSD algorithm). -aixmd5 Use the AIX MD5 algorithm (AIX variant of the BSD algorithm). -5 -6 Use the SHA256 / SHA512 based algorithms defined by Ulrich Drepper. See <https://www.akkadia.org/drepper/SHA-crypt.txt>. -salt string Use the specified salt. When reading a password from the terminal, this implies -noverify. -in file Read passwords from file. -stdin Read passwords from stdin. -noverify Don't verify when reading a password from the terminal. -quiet Don't output warnings when passwords given at the command line are truncated. -table In the output list, prepend the cleartext password and a TAB character to each password hash. -rand file... A file or files containing random data used to seed the random number generator. Multiple files can be specified separated by an OS- dependent character. The separator is ; for MS-Windows, , for OpenVMS, and : for all others. [-writerand file] Writes random data to the specified file upon exit. This can be used with a subsequent -rand flag. EXAMPLES
% openssl passwd -crypt -salt xx password xxj31ZMTZzkVA % openssl passwd -1 -salt xxxxxxxx password $1$xxxxxxxx$UYCIxa628.9qXjpQCjM4a. % openssl passwd -apr1 -salt xxxxxxxx password $apr1$xxxxxxxx$dxHfLAsjHkDRmG83UXe8K0 % openssl passwd -aixmd5 -salt xxxxxxxx password xxxxxxxx$8Oaipk/GPKhC64w/YVeFD/ COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2000-2018 The OpenSSL Project Authors. All Rights Reserved. Licensed under the OpenSSL license (the "License"). You may not use this file except in compliance with the License. You can obtain a copy in the file LICENSE in the source distribution or at <https://www.openssl.org/source/license.html>. 1.1.1a 2018-12-18 PASSWD(1SSL)