Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users unable to allocate enough memory Post 302191251 by grial on Friday 2nd of May 2008 03:41:58 AM
Old 05-02-2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by rein
We have 2Gb heap allocated. The issue is not a java issue because this is an OS message produced on the native stdout, not SystemOut from java. The Solaris system is unable to allocate enough memory for the JVM, even though it reports to have 12Gb available. If we stop other large memory consuming processes it is possible to start this JVM process. How is it possible that Solaris can't allocate 2Gb to 3Gb memory when there's 6 times that much available?
I'm afraid I misunderstood your first post, I'm sorry.
That's a little bit weird... I'm talking about the fact that when you stop other java processes it works...

- Is your JVM 32 bits?
- what about "ulimits"?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix Help - allocate more memory to /tmp

Hi Guys I using Solaris 8 and I need to change the size of my /tmp file. Was wondering does anyone know how to do this. Thanks Carson (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cmackin
1 Replies

2. Programming

how allocate virtual memory

Hi Folks can any body suggest how to allocate virtual memory any function for that (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: munnu
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to allocate memory

Hi, I have 2 systems with same hardware and software. One system is giving me error "Error occurred during initialization of VM Could not reserve enough space for object " when I tried to increase JBoss App's heap size to 2GB while the other system is running fine without any issue. Is there... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ravi3553
5 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Oracle how many memory allocate really

hi... i want to find oracle allocate how many memory really.. i execute this code to list memory on unix system : ps -eo pmem,args | sort -k 1 -r -n outputs ; %mem command 12.9|ora_smon_RTX 12.9|ora_s000_RTX 12.9|ora_reco_RTX 12.9|ora_qmnc_RTX... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: utoptas
2 Replies

5. SuSE

shmget failed - cannot allocate memory

Hi, In my proj, one process was running for 2 days. after 2 days its throwing an error message "shmget failed cannot allocate memory". the same problem happened every time.i.e. i can reproduce the same issue if my process is running for every 2 days for a same operation.Within this 2 days there... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ManoharanMani
1 Replies

6. Linux

Hi, In my proj, one process was running for 2 days. after 2 days its throwing an error message "shmget failed cannot allocate memory". the same problem happened every time.i.e. i can reproduce the same issue if my process is running for every 2 days for a same operation.Within this 2 days there... (1 Reply)
1 Replies

7. Linux

1 Replies

8. Programming

How to allocate memory to a string in C?

hi I want to take string as a input from user and the string is very very length. From the lengthy string i have to substring take first 16 letters, then next 8 letters,................... Please guide me how to write program to take lengthy string from user and sub string it. Thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: atharalikhan
4 Replies

9. Solaris

unable to allocate enough memory

On SunOS 10 get an error when starting a large Java process with over 2Gb memory. Error occurred during initialization of VM Could not reserve enough space for object heap i have 32G memory !! , swap = 31G Please any advice !!! (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: moata_u
3 Replies

10. Programming

calloc fails: 'Cannot allocate memory'

Hi , experts. I work on Linux station (RedHat 5.7), regular user, but have root password. %> uname -a Linux ran1log06 2.6.18-238.1.1.el5 #1 SMP Tue Jan 4 13:32:19 EST 2011 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux %> cat /etc/issue Red Hat Enterprise Linux Client release 5.7 (Tikanga) Kernel \r on... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: baruchgu
5 Replies
JSVC(1) 						   Apache Commons Daemon project						   JSVC(1)

NAME
jsvc - application to launch java daemon SYNOPSIS
jsvc [-jvm JVM name] [-client client JVM] [-server server JVM] [-classpath path] [-cp path] [-java-home directory] [-version] [-help] [-?] [-nodetach] [-debug] [-check] [-user user] [-wait waittime] [-umask mask] [-stop] [-verbose:class|gc|jni] [-outfile /full/path/to/file] [-errfile /full/path/to/file] [-pidfile /full/path/to/file] [-Dproperty=value] [-Xoption] DESCRIPTION
jsvc executes classfile that implements a Daemon interface. OPTIONS
-jvm JVM name use a specific Java Virtual Machine. -client client JVM use a client Java Virtual Machine. -server server JVM use a server Java Virtual Machine. -cp/ -classpath directory and zip/jar files set search path for service classes and resouces -java-home directory set the path of your JDK or JRE installation (or set the JAVA_HOME environment variable) -version show the current Java environment version (to check correctness of -home and -jvm. Implies -nodetach) -help show this help page (implies -nodetach) -nodetach don't detach from parent process and become a daemon -debug verbosely print debugging information -check only check service (implies -nodetach) -stop stop the service using the file given in the -pidfile option -wait waittime wait up to waittime seconds for the service to start waittime should multiple of 10 (min=10) -umask mask sets the file mode creation mask -user user user used to run the daemon (defaults to current user) -verbose[:class|gc|jni] enable verbose output -outfile /full/path/to/file Location for output from stdout (defaults to /dev/null). Use the value '&2' to simulate '1>&2', or 'SYSLOG' to send output to the system log. -errfile /full/path/to/file Location for output from stderr (defaults to /dev/null). Use the value '&1' to simulate '2>&1', or 'SYSLOG' to send output to the system log. -pidfile /full/path/to/file Location for output from the file containing the pid of jsvc (defaults to /var/run/jsvc.pid) -D<name>=<value> set a Java system property -X<option> set Virtual Machine specific option AUTHOR
JSVC is part of the Apache Commons Daemon project. Authors are Jean-Frederic Clere, Remy Maucherat, Yoav Shapira, Bill Barker, Mladen Turk. JSVC is released under the Apache License Version 2.0. Jsvc version 1.0.6 08/17/2012 JSVC(1)