Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming Compression algorithm( usage of Hash tables) Post 302191121 by ramen_noodle on Thursday 1st of May 2008 03:09:40 PM
Old 05-01-2008
O'Reilly "Mastering algorithms with C". Good source of exercises and examples.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Returning Hash Tables in Perl

Hi: Does anybody know how to return hash tables created in a function? I have something like so: %a_hash_table = build_a_hash_table(); sub build_a_hash_table { my(%hash_table); #some code to build hash table: "%hash_table" for e.g return %hash_table; } ----> This... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mirzabhai
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Passing Hash Tables to Subroutines

Hi: How do I pass a hash table down to a subroutine along with some other variables? For example, I have say a subroutine play_with_hash: sub play_with_hash { my( $var1, $var2, %my_hash ) = @_; #do stuff with %my_hash ........... } Then I want to call the subroutine... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mirzabhai
1 Replies

3. Programming

hash tables, pthread_key_create

I want to store a bunch of pthread_t types in a hash table, but since pthread_t is not an integer value, I cannot hash it. I was hoping to store a unique nonzero as key 0 for each thread with thread-specific data ala pthread_key_create/pthread_setspecific, but but as it turns out only the first... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Corona688
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Converting tables of row data into columns of tables

I am trying to transpose tables listed in the format into format. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Input: test_data_1 1 2 90% 4 3 91% 5 4 90% 6 5 90% 9 6 90% test_data_2 3 5 92% 5 4 92% 7 3 93% 9 2 92% 1 1 92% ... Output:... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: justthisguy
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print Entire hash list (hash of hashes)

I have a script with dynamic hash of hashes , and I want to print the entire hash (with all other hashes). Itried to do it recursively by checking if the current key is a hash and if yes call the current function again with refference to the sub hash. Most of the printing seems to be OK but in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Alalush
1 Replies

6. HP-UX

how can I find cpu usage memory usage swap usage and logical volume usage

how can I find cpu usage memory usage swap usage and I want to know CPU usage above X% and contiue Y times and memory usage above X % and contiue Y times my final destination is monitor process logical volume usage above X % and number of Logical voluage above can I not to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: alert0919
3 Replies

7. Programming

Hash tables concepts

How hash tables are used to quickly locate a data record? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rupeshkp728
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Hash Tables of Buffers

Hello, I want to know how hash tables for buffers were implemented in Unix and now, in linux how they are implemented ? I am aware of what hashing is..also quite familiar with Unix/Linux. Special case is how device numbers comes into picture..I am curious ! If possible consider some... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: istevan
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare values of hashes of hash for n number of hash in perl without sorting.

Hi, I have an hashes of hash, where hash is dynamic, it can be n number of hash. i need to compare data_count values of all . my %result ( $abc => { 'data_count' => '10', 'ID' => 'ABC122', } $def => { 'data_count' => '20', 'ID' => 'defASe', ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: asak
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Dynamically parse BibTeX and create hash of hash

Hello gurus, Iam trying to parse following BibTex file (bibliography.bib): @book{Lee2000a, abstract = {Abstract goes here}, author = {Lee, Wenke and Stolfo, Salvatore J}, title = {{Data mining approaches for intrusion detection}}, year = {2000} } @article{Forrest1996, abstract =... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: wakatana
0 Replies
OpenSSL_add_all_algorithms(3)					      OpenSSL					     OpenSSL_add_all_algorithms(3)

NAME
OpenSSL_add_all_algorithms, OpenSSL_add_all_ciphers, OpenSSL_add_all_digests - add algorithms to internal table SYNOPSIS
#include <openssl/evp.h> void OpenSSL_add_all_algorithms(void); void OpenSSL_add_all_ciphers(void); void OpenSSL_add_all_digests(void); void EVP_cleanup(void); DESCRIPTION
OpenSSL keeps an internal table of digest algorithms and ciphers. It uses this table to lookup ciphers via functions such as EVP_get_cipher_byname(). OpenSSL_add_all_digests() adds all digest algorithms to the table. OpenSSL_add_all_algorithms() adds all algorithms to the table (digests and ciphers). OpenSSL_add_all_ciphers() adds all encryption algorithms to the table including password based encryption algorithms. EVP_cleanup() removes all ciphers and digests from the table. RETURN VALUES
None of the functions return a value. NOTES
A typical application will will call OpenSSL_add_all_algorithms() initially and EVP_cleanup() before exiting. An application does not need to add algorithms to use them explicitly, for example by EVP_sha1(). It just needs to add them if it (or any of the functions it calls) needs to lookup algorithms. The cipher and digest lookup functions are used in many parts of the library. If the table is not initialized several functions will misbe- have and complain they cannot find algorithms. This includes the PEM, PKCS#12, SSL and S/MIME libraries. This is a common query in the OpenSSL mailing lists. Calling OpenSSL_add_all_algorithms() links in all algorithms: as a result a statically linked executable can be quite large. If this is important it is possible to just add the required ciphers and digests. BUGS
Although the functions do not return error codes it is possible for them to fail. This will only happen as a result of a memory allocation failure so this is not too much of a problem in practice. SEE ALSO
evp(3), EVP_DigestInit(3), EVP_EncryptInit(3) 0.9.7a 2000-09-19 OpenSSL_add_all_algorithms(3)