Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat Dump and restore command usage ?? Post 302190936 by era on Thursday 1st of May 2008 03:26:13 AM
Old 05-01-2008
I'm not familiar with dump/restore (or rather, my familiarity is restricted to an old version of BSD where dump would always "dump" core on me when the first cartridge got full and I would have needeed to swap cartridges) but my impression is that these utilities are very little used. Could you use tar instead?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

restore dump - help

I have a file with .dmp.gz. I am trying to uncompress this file in a new directory. was able to use gzip to take off the gz extension. How do I get the .dmp extension off? Will ufsrestore work on SUN system? HELP! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sankera
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

restore mysql dump file in many remote servers?

Hi all, I want to restore DB file in many mysql servers, i already using script for sending the dumpfile in all servers, but it's just annoying if i have to restore the dumpfile in all servers, i want just execute 1 script, and will restore in all remote mysql servers. I make script but not... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: blesets
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Dump and restore problem

Hi all, having problem with dump & restore for cloning simple linux system. The command is : dump -0u -f /temp/var.dump /dev/sda5 But somehow the result displayed: ~~~~~~ dump: ACLs in inode #1250760 won't be dumped: Inappropriate ioctl for device dump: ACLs in inode #1250761 won't be... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mycoolwater
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to restore a dump file on the disk

Hi all, i am a real dummy to unix and in need of help.My platform is Sun solaris(5.9) I have a dump file, an oracle cold backup taken with ufsdump command. This dump file resides on the disk, not the tape. I want to extract this dump file to a directory. But i cant, i read about ufsrestore... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: merope
1 Replies

5. HP-UX

how can I find cpu usage memory usage swap usage and logical volume usage

how can I find cpu usage memory usage swap usage and I want to know CPU usage above X% and contiue Y times and memory usage above X % and contiue Y times my final destination is monitor process logical volume usage above X % and number of Logical voluage above can I not to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: alert0919
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Dump and Restore

I want to copy over the contents of one partition on hard drive A to another partition on hard drive B. Using DD command caused problems since it overwrote the partition information on hard drive B and made hard drive B's partition size the same as the one on partition A. Our department manager... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mojoman
5 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

dump/restore of a fs with 100 of millions hardlinks

Hi :-) i have a dump of a backupdisk (~540GB / ext3). The Backups have some 100 millions of hardlinks (backups are created with storeBackup). The OS is linux. A restore of a directory ended after some days with the errormessage "no memory to extend symbol table" The restore of the complete... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: turricum
0 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Command to display the space usage (memory usage) of a specific directory.

Hi all, Can you please tell me the command, with which one can know the amount of space a specific directory has used. df -k . ---> Displays, the amount of space allocated, and used for a directory. du -k <dir name> - gives me the memory used of all the files inside <dir> But i... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: abhisheksunkari
2 Replies

9. Solaris

restore dump from veritas format using ufs file system

hi all i have a DLT tape in that tape backup is there is in veritas volume format and i want to restore it in ufs file system how can i do it? right now i don't have veritas file system setup. i have only ufs file sysytem please help some production data is to be restore. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nikhil kasar
3 Replies

10. Red Hat

CPU Usage statistics Dump in a text file over a period of time

I am facing issue related to performance of one customized application running on RHEL 5.9. The application stalls for some unknown reason that I need to track. For that I require some tool or shell scripts that can monitor the CPU usage statistics (what we get in TOP or in more detail by other... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Anjan Ganguly
6 Replies
yum-debug-dump(1)														 yum-debug-dump(1)

NAME
yum-debug-dump - write system RPM configuration to a debug-dump file SYNOPSIS
yum-debug-dump DESCRIPTION
yum-debug-dump is a program which creates a gzipped file containing a lot of information useful to developers trying to debug a problem. By default it will output a file to the current working directory named yum_debug_dump-<hostname>-<time>.txt.gz. This file contains no pri- vate information but does contain a complete list of all packages you have installed, all packages available in any repository, important configuration and system information. You can view this file using the 'zless' command. You can use the coresponding program yum-debug-restore to act on this file and restore a set of packages (much like dump/restore). FILES
As yum-debug-dump uses YUM libraries for retrieving all the information, it relies on YUM configuration for its default values like which repositories to use. Consult YUM documentation for details: /etc/yum.conf /etc/yum/repos.d/ /var/cache/yum/ SEE ALSO
yum-debug-restore (1) yum.conf (5) http://yum.baseurl.org/ AUTHORS
See the Authors file included with this program. BUGS
There are of course no bugs, but should you find any, you should first consult the FAQ section on http://yum.baseurl.org/wiki/Faq and if unsuccessful in finding a resolution contact the mailing list: yum-devel@lists.baseurl.org. To file a bug use http://bugzilla.redhat.com for Fedora/RHEL/Centos related bugs and http://yum.baseurl.org/report for all other bugs. Seth Vidal 28 April 2008 yum-debug-dump(1)