Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: finding string at runtime
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting finding string at runtime Post 302190908 by inderpunj on Wednesday 30th of April 2008 11:05:43 PM
Old 05-01-2008
finding string at runtime

Hi

I am creating a script in shell (sh), in which i will enter a string at runtime. let i will enter the string asdfergtdev_DEV2(or DEV,DEV3,DEV1 etc). i want it will find DEV2(it will be only find DEV2 at last 4 digit 3 in case only DEV,no metter if before it, there is dev) and append _qqq01 at end like sdfergtdev_DEV2_qqq01. if there is not DEV at the end it will append _aa01
for exp :- sdfergtdev123a_RC01.

Please help !
Thanks,
Inder

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Finding part of a string

Hi I am very new to KSH programming and need some help with finding a string in an error log currently i am doing cat FTP_LOG.lis | grep Warning which gives me Warning: Authentication failed. Remaining authentication methods: 'publickey,pas I want to only pick up the test between the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: DAFNIX
4 Replies

2. Programming

finding folders in runtime

hi everyone i have two folders. one is ramesh(folder) and other is ramesh1(sub folder of ramesh) i have to find the second(ramesh1)folder name in runtime. please tell me the way to find this. thank you ramesh (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ramesh.jella
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

help with finding a string

Hello folks I have a text file abcd.txt and has a line starting with number '8'. I have a string in this line starting at position 'a' to position 'b' also this string is a number and have to be reduced by 1. there is also a problem that it has to be padded with zeros to make the string... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sandyg
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

finding lines only between a certain string

Dear experts, Ive been trying to figure this out for a while, but i cant. Please help. I have a file, with approx 1 million lines. The contents are separated with "----------". Please see example below So my problem is, i need to find all texts that have the keyword "GAA", but i need... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: aismann
14 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Finding a letter in a string

How to check whether a particular string contains dot or not? Here I can not use grep as the string is not in a file. I will get this string from user input Thanks, (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: balamv
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Finding a string with another string is found

finding a string with another string is found EX: abs c/- i want to find /-, then copy abs. i know it's easy use awk, but my problem is the substr syntax. substr($2,2,2) will give me /- but the conflict is /- is not always the second characted of the second string. (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: engr.jay
11 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

finding the Last String in a Line

Hi, i am looking for a command that can help me find the last Sting in a Line ex.. yyeyrtehhehrerry: change this from to here i want to extract END. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rohit1234
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell script for finding average runtime of other script

so I've made a shell script that downloads 6 files in succession from a given url, then deletes them. Now I want to time the script, and the average time it uses by running it ~100 times. My problem is tho, how do I store the time it takes for each run through of the script? I know time writes to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: navlelo
3 Replies

9. Programming

Need help for replacing a string in a text file at runtime !

Hi All, I am facing an issue... I need to replace some string in a text file while the same file is read by some other user at the same time. The other user is using it in the Read only mode. So I can't create a temporary file and write the content first and then write it back into the original... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: agupta2
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Finding a string in a file

Hello All, I have a text file, i want to search for a string in it and the string is repeated multiple times in a file i want to get the first occurence of the string in a variable. the content of file is like: I want to grepthe first occurance of "Configuration flow done" and store the... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: anand2308
7 Replies
IP-TOKEN(8)							       Linux							       IP-TOKEN(8)

NAME
ip-token - tokenized interface identifier support SYNOPSIS
ip token { COMMAND | help } ip token set TOKEN dev DEV ip token del dev DEV ip token get [ dev DEV ] ip token [ list ] DESCRIPTION
IPv6 tokenized interface identifier support is used for assigning well-known host-part addresses to nodes whilst still obtaining a global network prefix from Router advertisements. The primary target for tokenized identifiers are server platforms where addresses are usually manually configured, rather than using DHCPv6 or SLAAC. By using tokenized identifiers, hosts can still determine their network prefix by use of SLAAC, but more readily be automatically renumbered should their network prefix change [1]. Tokenized IPv6 Identifiers are described in the draft [1]: <draft-chown-6man-tokenised-ipv6-identifiers-02>. ip token set - set an interface token set the interface token to the kernel. TOKEN the interface identifier token address. dev DEV the networking interface. ip token del - delete an interface token delete the interface token from the kernel. dev DEV the networking interface. ip token get - get the interface token from the kernel show a tokenized interface identifier of a particular networking device. Arguments: coincide with the arguments of ip token set but the TOKEN must be left out. ip token list - list all interface tokens list all tokenized interface identifiers for the networking interfaces from the kernel. SEE ALSO
ip(8) AUTHOR
Manpage by Daniel Borkmann iproute2 28 Mar 2013 IP-TOKEN(8)