Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting finding largest directories in a filesystem Post 302190872 by shamrock on Wednesday 30th of April 2008 05:12:37 PM
Old 04-30-2008
Code:
du -kx / | awk -F/ 'NF==2'

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

finding directories in UNIX

I am accessing a UNIX server via FTP. I want to retieve a file in a directory. What is the UNIX command that I need to view and retrieve files from a directory? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yodaddy
1 Replies

2. Programming

Finding largest file in current directory?

I was hoping to get some assistance with this C program I am working on. The goal is to find the largest file in the current directory and then display this filename along with the filesize. What I have so far will display all the files in the current directory. But, how do I deal with "grabbing"... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: AusTex
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

finding largest files (not directories)?

hello all. i would like to be able to find the names of all files on a remote machine using ssh. i only want the names of files, not directories so far i'm stuck at "du -a | sort -n" also, is it possible to write them to a file on my machine? i know how to write it to a file on that... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: user19190989
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script for parsing directories one level and finding directories older than n days

Hello all, Here's the deal...I have one directory with many subdirs and files. What I want to find out is who is keeping old files and directories...say files and dirs that they didn't use since a number of n days, only one level under the initial dir. Output to a file. A script for... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ejianu
5 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Finding size of all directories

Alright so I've tried a couple different things that at first glance, looked like they worked. find . -maxdepth 5 -type d -daystart -mtime 1 | xargs du -h Which seems to ignore the previous commands such as depth and modified time. find .. -maxdepth 2 -type d -daystart -ctime 1 | xargs... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Aussiemick
8 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Finding directories with expression

Hi All, I need your help in finding pattern of directories. need to search for all pattern have "mypatern" from base directory folder. example ------- server1 - base directory 100 server1/ab_123456_1/mypattern 100 server1/ab_123456_2/mypattern 200 server1/ab_123457_1/mypattern... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: lxdorney
13 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to display only Directories in filesystem?

Hi, I want to display only directories inside a particular file system. TIA (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sumanthupar
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Finding Files only under a specific FileSystem

Hi, I am using AIX and one of my file systems is getting filled up and I need to track with files are occupying more volume. Filesystem GB blocks Free %Used Iused %Iused Mounted on /dev/nhdb_lv 2110.00 63.80 97% 76525 1% /nhdb under the Mount Point /nhdb... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: zulfi123786
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Display largest files in multiple directories

Trying to locate the 25 largest files with read/execute world permissions to be displayed from a combination of 4 different directories. I'm rather new at UNIX and trying to learn the basics. This is what I have come up with so far: find /dir1 /dir2 /dir3 /dir4 -perm -u+rx | sort -nr | head... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: malk71
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Finding largest files takes too long

Good evening. because the folder has thousand of files it takes too long and have some trouble to get the largest files and then compress files or delete it, for instance find . -size +10000000c -exec ls -ld {} \; |sort -k5n | grep -v .gz The above commad took an hour and i have to cancel... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: alexcol
10 Replies
xfs_growfs(8)						      System Manager's Manual						     xfs_growfs(8)

NAME
xfs_growfs, xfs_info - expand an XFS filesystem SYNOPSIS
xfs_growfs [ -dilnrxV ] [ -D size ] [ -e rtextsize ] [ -L size ] [ -m maxpct ] [ -t mtab ] [ -R size ] mount-point xfs_info [ -t mtab ] mount-point DESCRIPTION
xfs_growfs expands an existing XFS filesystem (see xfs(5)). The mount-point argument is the pathname of the directory where the filesystem is mounted. The filesystem must be mounted to be grown (see mount(8)). The existing contents of the filesystem are undisturbed, and the added space becomes available for additional file storage. xfs_info is equivalent to invoking xfs_growfs with the -n option (see discussion below). OPTIONS
-d | -D size Specifies that the data section of the filesystem should be grown. If the -D size option is given, the data section is grown to that size, otherwise the data section is grown to the largest size possible with the -d option. The size is expressed in filesystem blocks. -e Allows the real-time extent size to be specified. In mkfs.xfs(8) this is specified with -r extsize=nnnn. -i The new log is an internal log (inside the data section). [NOTE: This option is not implemented] -l | -L size Specifies that the log section of the filesystem should be grown, shrunk, or moved. If the -L size option is given, the log section is changed to be that size, if possible. The size is expressed in filesystem blocks. The size of an internal log must be smaller than the size of an allocation group (this value is printed at mkfs(8) time). If neither -i nor -x is given with -l, the log contin- ues to be internal or external as it was before. [NOTE: These options are not implemented] -m Specify a new value for the maximum percentage of space in the filesystem that can be allocated as inodes. In mkfs.xfs(8) this is specified with -i maxpct=nn. -n Specifies that no change to the filesystem is to be made. The filesystem geometry is printed, and argument checking is performed, but no growth occurs. -r | -R size Specifies that the real-time section of the filesystem should be grown. If the -R size option is given, the real-time section is grown to that size, otherwise the real-time section is grown to the largest size possible with the -r option. The size is expressed in filesystem blocks. The filesystem does not need to have contained a real-time section before the xfs_growfs operation. -t Specifies an alternate mount table file (default is /proc/mounts if it exists, else /etc/mtab). This is used when working with filesystems mounted without writing to /etc/mtab file - refer to mount(8) for further details. -V Prints the version number and exits. The mount-point argument is not required with -V. xfs_growfs is most often used in conjunction with logical volumes (see md(4) and lvm(8) on Linux). However, it can also be used on a regu- lar disk partition, for example if a partition has been enlarged while retaining the same starting block. PRACTICAL USE
Filesystems normally occupy all of the space on the device where they reside. In order to grow a filesystem, it is necessary to provide added space for it to occupy. Therefore there must be at least one spare new disk partition available. Adding the space is often done through the use of a logical volume manager. SEE ALSO
mkfs.xfs(8), md(4), lvm(8), mount(8). xfs_growfs(8)