Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Unable to load interbase.so
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Unable to load interbase.so Post 302190741 by jim mcnamara on Wednesday 30th of April 2008 11:22:52 AM
Old 04-30-2008
Those are relative paths.

what does
Code:
ldd interbase.so | grep libgds.so

show?
For example, is libgds where interbase thinks it is? Otherwise you may need to move things around or use whatever passes for the LD_LIBRARY_PATH envrionment variable on your system.

If you see nothing it means ldd cannot find that library.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Strange "Unable to load interpreter" message!

Hi all, I run RedHat. Not a long ago it has started to give me message on the screen "Unable to load an interpreter". Just plain message. I checked log files. I havent found anything strange in there. Any suggestions what it might mean and how to get rid of it? Thank you all. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: solvman
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help in wrting Load Script for a Load-Resume type of load.

hi all need your help. I am wrting a script that will load data into the table. then on another load will append the data into the existing table. Regards Ankit (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ankitgupta
1 Replies

3. Solaris

Unable to load module

Hey guys i got this error in my messages: warning : mod_load: cannot load module sbd - I dont know anything about this. - How do i verify if there is a module sbd - What are the reasons modules cant be loaded (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sbn
1 Replies

4. Infrastructure Monitoring

unable to load console info in SUNMC 4.0

hi all, unable to load console info in SUNMC 4.0 in alarm it is giving error info i.e..Agent on host (.....),1161 port not responding. plz try to solve the problem Regards spandhan (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: spandhan
5 Replies

5. Solaris

unable to load console info in SUNMC 4.0

Hi all, unable to load console info in SUNMC 4.0 in alarm it is giving error info i.e..Agent on host (.....),1161 port not responding. Iam using M9000 server solaris 10 plz try to solve the problem Regards spandhan (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: spandhan
0 Replies

6. Solaris

Java Webstart Error:Unable to load resource

I have a .jnlp file start.jnlp. It first display a login screen and after login does something I am getting the below error after login Error:unable to load resource url.com: Search with Many Find the attached error snapshot of the webstart application. I am trying this activity by... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hiten.r.chauhan
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unable to load OJDBC jar

Hi I was trying to execute a java file from Unix. I am using a JDBC connection in this program. XXXXX/test/nirmal/Java > ls -lrt drwxrwxrwx 3 ideasm10 ide 3 Jul 7 11:01 classes drwxrwxrwx 3 ideasm10 ide 3 Jul 7 11:01 src drwxrwxrwx 2 ideasm10 ide ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: nirmal.mukundan
0 Replies

8. UNIX and Linux Applications

Permission ERROR: Unable to load the User's Hive

Hi all, Please help me solving the error that i get when i trigger the job from autosys. The job is failing after going to restart start and it is throwing an "exit code:128". Please help me understand whats this exit code and how to overcome this. And when i check the logs its giving me an... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bharath V
4 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Interbase help

Hi, I'm in need of some help I'm working with a programmer from india and I'm having issues on my side. The programmer wrote a wordpress plugin to connect my fish bowl inventory to woo commerce in wordpress He said I needed to install interbase.so on the server and enable in the php5.ini I have... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: taylorray1
0 Replies
IBASE_CONNECT(3)							 1							  IBASE_CONNECT(3)

ibase_connect - Open a connection to a database

SYNOPSIS
resource ibase_connect ([string $database], [string $username], [string $password], [string $charset], [int $buffers], [int $dialect], [string $role], [int $sync]) DESCRIPTION
Establishes a connection to an Firebird/InterBase server. In case a second call is made to ibase_connect(3) with the same arguments, no new link will be established, but instead, the link identi- fier of the already opened link will be returned. The link to the server will be closed as soon as the execution of the script ends, unless it's closed earlier by explicitly calling ibase_close(3). PARAMETERS
o $database - The $database argument has to be a valid path to database file on the server it resides on. If the server is not local, it must be prefixed with either 'hostname:' (TCP/IP), 'hostname/port:' (TCP/IP with interbase server on custom TCP port), '//hostname/' (NetBEUI), depending on the connection protocol used. o $username - The user name. Can be set with the ibase.default_user php.ini directive. o $password - The password for $username. Can be set with the ibase.default_password php.ini directive. o $charset -$charset is the default character set for a database. o $buffers -$buffers is the number of database buffers to allocate for the server-side cache. If 0 or omitted, server chooses its own default. o $dialect -$dialect selects the default SQL dialect for any statement executed within a connection, and it defaults to the highest one sup- ported by client libraries. o $role - Functional only with InterBase 5 and up. o $sync - RETURN VALUES
Returns an Firebird/InterBase link identifier on success, or FALSE on error. ERRORS
/EXCEPTIONS If you get some error like "arithmetic exception, numeric overflow, or string truncation. Cannot transliterate character between character sets" (this occurs when you try use some character with accents) when using this and after ibase_query(3) you must set the character set (i.e. ISO8859_1 or your current character set). EXAMPLES
Example #1 ibase_connect(3) example <?php $host = 'localhost:/path/to/your.gdb'; $dbh = ibase_connect($host, $username, $password); $stmt = 'SELECT * FROM tblname'; $sth = ibase_query($dbh, $stmt); while ($row = ibase_fetch_object($sth)) { echo $row->email, " "; } ibase_free_result($sth); ibase_close($dbh); ?> SEE ALSO
ibase_pconnect(3), ibase_close(3). PHP Documentation Group IBASE_CONNECT(3)