Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting To find the time difference between two lines of the same log file Post 302190726 by satyakam on Wednesday 30th of April 2008 10:46:47 AM
Old 04-30-2008
Bug

Hi Era,

Thnx for the help!! I tried to view the scripts but there are too many modifications in the thread. Can u plz provide me with the complete and rectified code? That would b of gr8 help!!!!

Thnx in advance frnd!!!!!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help to find the time difference between the lines

Hi guru's, Am new to shell scripting. I am getting the below o/p from the oracle database, when I fire a query. ID JOB_ID ELAPSED_TIME FROM TO ----- ------ ------------------- -------- -------- 62663 11773 01/06/2009 09:49:13 SA CM 62664 11773 ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sathik
4 Replies

2. AIX

How to find time difference between 2 timestamps?

HI All, can some one please help me how to fine the difference between two time stamps say a= Nov 10, 2009 9:21:25 AM b= Nov 10, 2009 10:21:25 AM I want to find difference between the a & b I googled and tried with some options but no luck. My OS is AIX (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bandlan9
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find Time difference in Unix

Hi, START_TIME :- "10-NOV-2009 00:00:04" STOP_TIME :- "10-NOV-2009 00:05:47" Please help to find difference between these two. Searched for the same topic but did not find an answer for the same time format :( Regards, Robin (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: robinbannis
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find time difference between two consecutive lines in same file.

Hello I have a file in following format: IV 08:09:07 NM 08:12:01 IC 08:12:00 MN 08:14:20 NM 08:14:15 I need a script to compare time on each line with previous line and show the inconsecutive line. Ex.: 08:12:00 08:14:15 A better way... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: vilibit
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to find time difference?

I have a file wich contains time formats and i need to get the time difference TIME1 TIME2 ================================== 20120624192555.6Z 20120624204006.5Z which means first date 2012/6/24 19:25:55,second date 2012/6/24 20:40:06 so when i get the time... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wnaguib
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Find time difference

I have a file wich contains time formats and i need to get the time difference TIME1 TIME2 =============== =================== 20120624192555.6Z 20120624204006.5Z which means first date 2012/6/24 19:25:55,second date 2012/6/24 20:40:06 so when i get the time... (23 Replies)
Discussion started by: wnaguib
23 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check/Parse log file's lines using time difference/timestamp

I was looking at this script which outputs the two lines which differs less than one sec. #!/usr/bin/perl -w use strict; use warnings; use Time::Local; use constant SEC_MILIC => 1000; my $file='infile'; ## Open for reading argument file. open my $fh, "<", $file or die "Cannot... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cele_82
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk script to find time difference between HTTP PUT and HTTP DELETE requests in access.log

Hi, I'm trying to write a script to determine the time gap between HTTP PUT and HTTP DELETE requests in the HTTP Servers access log. Normally client will do HTTP PUT to push content e.g. file_1.txt and 21 seconds later it will do HTTP DELETE, but sometimes the time varies causing some issues... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Juha
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calculate time difference between two lines

i grepped the time stamp in a file as given below now i need to calculate time difference file data: 18:29:10 22:15:50 (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: vivekn
5 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

In HP-UX how to find the date time difference ?

Hello, In HP-UX how to find the date time difference ? Start time: 28-APR-2019 21:36:01 End time : 29-APR-2019 00:36:04 ---------------------- Difference is ---------------------- Much appreciate any pointer or view on this. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Siva SQL
3 Replies
VWRIGHT(1)						      General Commands Manual							VWRIGHT(1)

NAME
vwright - normalize a RADIANCE view, shift it to the right SYNOPSIS
vwright [ view options ] distance vwright [ view options ] name DESCRIPTION
In the first form, vwright shifts a RADIANCE view the specified distance to the right, putting out a complete set of view parameters in a single line on the standard output. This utility is most often used to compute a right-eyed view from a left-eye view for stereo imaging. If no options are specified on the command line, vwright reads a view from its standard input. The distance given is in world coordinate units. A negative value indicates a shift to the left rather than the right. The second form substitutes a name prefix in place of the shift distance, and produces constant assignments on the standard output suitable for passing directly to rcalc(1). For a given prefix N, the constant names are as follows: Nt: view type ('v'==1,'l'==2,'a'==3,'h'==4,'c'==5,'s'==6) Npx: view point x value Npy: view point y value Npz: view point z value Ndx: view direction x value (normalized) Ndy: view direction y value (normalized) Ndz: view direction z value (normalized) Nd: view focal distance Nux: view up vector x value (normalized) Nuy: view up vector y value (normalized) Nuz: view up vector z value (normalized) Nh: view horizontal size Nv: view vertical size Ns: view shift Nl: view lift No: view fore clipping distance Na: view aft clipping distance Nhx: derived horizontal image vector x value (normalized) Nhy: derived horizontal image vector y value (normalized) Nhz: derived horizontal image vector z value (normalized) Nhn: derived horizontal image vector multiplier Nvx: derived vertical image vector x value (normalized) Nvy: derived vertical image vector y value (normalized) Nvz: derived vertical image vector z value (normalized) Nvn: derived vertical image vector multiplier EXAMPLES
To start rpict(1) on a view .06 meters left of the view in the file "right.vf": rpict `vwright -.06 < right.vf` scene.oct > right.hdr & To move the rad(1) view named "left" 2.5 inches to the right and render from there: rad -v "right `rad -n -s -V -v left examp.rif | vwright 2.5`" examp.rif & To pass a view to rcalc for conversion to some other view: rcalc -n -e `vwright orig < orig.vf` -f viewmod.cal -o view.fmt > new.vf AUTHOR
Greg Ward SEE ALSO
pdfblur(1), rad(1), rcalc(1), rpict(1), rvu(1) RADIANCE
8/29/96 VWRIGHT(1)