Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: How to delete empty lines
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users How to delete empty lines Post 302190710 by Aejaz on Wednesday 30th of April 2008 10:13:08 AM
Old 04-30-2008
Cool It works.
Thanks Frank.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

delete multiple empty lines

Hi, I need to delete the lines with empty name. What is the best way to do it? Thanks a lot for your help! EMID MMDDYY HOURS JOB EMNAME 0241 051605 11.40 52062 someone 0520 051605 10.63 52062 0520 051605 10.66 52062 0520 051605 10.65 52062 (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: whatisthis
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removing empty lines(space) between two lines containing strings

Hi, Please provide shell script to Remove empty lines(space) between two lines containing strings in a file. Input File : A1/EXT "BAP_BSC6/07B/00" 844 090602 1605 RXOCF-465 PDTR11 1 SITE ON BATTERY A2/EXT... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sudhakaryadav
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to delete all leading empty lines in a file?

How to delete all leading empty lines in a file? $>cat input.txt test Test $> output file should be test Test $> (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: johnveslin
14 Replies

4. Homework & Coursework Questions

Delete restore and empty trash

Use and complete the template provided. The entire template must be completed. If you don't, your post may be deleted! 1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: A set of Linux shell scripts is required to allow users to ‘remove' files without them really disappearing... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mr100perecent
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

delete lines with empty second column

hi, I'd like to ask you if you can help me with such surely easy thing - I have some data and need to plot them. I have txt of data in two columns, tab separated, but some second columns are empty. like 1```` 2 1.2`` 3```` 2 4.44` 5````` 6.1```1 how can I erase all the lines... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bsco
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Delete empty directories recursively - HP-UX

Hi, I want to delete all empty directories in a long directore tree structure. I want to use that from a script that will run on HP-UX 11. My definition of empty directory is that there is no regular file under it and directly beneath it. To elaborate, I have below directories. /app/dev/java... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: asutoshch
14 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sed delete certain number of empty lines

Hi What I'm trying to do is delete every blank line upto a certain number, so for instance I only want to delete the first 4 empty lines within a file, I know how to delete every line with: sed '/^$/d' But I can't figure out how to limit it to only the first 4 occourances I though it... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: duonut
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Printing empty subdirs before delete

I am using following code to delete all the empty sub dirs from the inputted dir $1. Before deleting empty dirs, I want to print those dirs which are going to be deleted. Can this be done with little modification in following code #!/bin/sh if ; then echo "Searching '$1' dir for empty... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajaypatil_am
16 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to delete some empty folders?

I have an amount of folders and I want to delete only the empty ones. But I have more than 200 empty folders, so I would preffer do not delete one by one... I know it is possible, but I don't know how. I've tried with the size, using 'du' command, and saving the result in a file. After that, I made... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: saitsug
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Joining broken lines and removing empty lines

Hi - I have req to join broken lines and remove empty lines but should NOT be in one line. It has to be as is line by line. The challenge here is there is no end of line/start of line char. thanks in advance Source:- 2003-04-34024|04-10-2003|Claims|Claim|01-13-2003|Air Bag:Driver;... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jackceasar123
7 Replies
pyntor(1)							      Pyntor								 pyntor(1)

NAME
pyntor - modular slides viewer and presentation tool SYNOPSIS
pyntor [OPTIONS] presentation-file|presentation-archive DESCRIPTION
Pyntor is a presentation tool which can display slides and effects of various formats thanks to its collection of components which are loaded as specified in the presentation-file, commonly called script. Components can either affect the rendering or the input handling, or both. They are documented in detail in components.txt in the pyntor documentation directory, while this manual page tries to only briefly document the user interface to the program on the command line and some keyboard shortcuts to be used while the pyntor is running. Since presentations are normally distributed as presentation-archive files, usually named *.pyntor, those too are accepted as parameters to pyntor. To learn about the creation of presentations and archives, see below for some references. OPTIONS
-c, --components Creates and outputs a formatted list of slides, tracking the components in use like in a real presentation. Additionally, all compo- nents are checked for presence and usability. This option is mainly useful for debugging, but also to get a quick overview of a pre- sentation. -d, --direct=scriptline IF a presentation only uses a single component, no script needs to be created. Instead, the component invocation line which would normally be written into the script can be passed directly on the command line. -x, --export=file.pdf|htmldir Exports a presentation to a (fixed-size) PDF file, if the option argument suffix is .pdf, or otherwise to a directory of PNG images and a simple HTML file with thumbnail preview images. -w, --windowed When running the presentation, do not switch to fullscreen, but run in a window instead. This option is also mainly useful for debugging. -v, --version Displays the version number of Pyntor. -h, --help Displays a summary of all available command line options. This option works without providing a script. -u, --usage Displays common usage scenarios so that the desired effect can be achieved quickly. The examples are for running a presentation and debugging one, respectively. This option works without providing a script. SHORTCUTS
The following keyboard shortcuts are supported globally throughout Pyntor. Note that individual components can make use of additional shortcuts, please consult the component documentation about this. F Toggle between fullscreen mode and windowed mode for displaying slides. P Pyntor menu to allow jumping to arbitrary slides of the presentation. S Pyntor menu to allow type-as-you-find fulltext search, followed by slide jumping as with P. This is useful for the situation of having people reminded of some slide without knowing the page number after a talk. T Gadget displaying the clock time and already spent presentation time in the lower right corner of the screen. Consecutive presses of the T key will increase the brightness of the gadget, but usually the indicator is for the presenter and not for the audience. AUTHORS
Josef Spillner <josef@coolprojects.org> SEE ALSO
pyntor-components(1), pyntor-selfrun(1) Cool Projects 0.6 pyntor(1)