Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Perl Scripting
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Perl Scripting Post 302190703 by sysgate on Wednesday 30th of April 2008 09:32:46 AM
Old 04-30-2008
I took this example from the net :
C: currentpath = getenv("PATH"); => in Perl: $currentpath = $ENV{PATH};
Besides that, you can install additional module which provides Perl API for getenv - CPAN powered.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Perl scripting

hi Can any one suggest me book for perl scripting on UNIX Platform. Regards (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rochitsharma
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl scripting

Hi does anyone know how to ouput "I love scripting" to "scripting love I" without using reverse() function in perl? Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ccp
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help in perl scripting.

Hi, To run a perl script i am giving command like this in DOS prompt d:> perl D:\<dir_name>\<dir_name>\sample.pl Its throwing the following error while running the above syntax error at <eval 4> line 1, near "use D:" Can anyone help? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mvictorvijayan
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Call Shell scripting from Perl Scripting.

Hi How to call a shell scripting through a Perl scripting? Actually I need some value from Shell scripting and passes in the Perl scripting. So how can i do this? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: anupdas
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need help configuring Active Perl on Windows Vista.: Perl Scripting on Windows

Hi All, Need help configuring Active Perl on Windows Vista. I am trying to install Active Perl on Windows Vista. The version of Active Perl i am trying to install is : ActivePerl 5.10.1 Build 1006 After installing it through cmd, When i try to run perl -v to check the version, i get the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vabiosis
2 Replies

6. What is on Your Mind?

Shell scripting vs Perl scripting

Hi all, I would like to start developping some good scripting skills. Do you think it would be best to start with shell scripting or Perl? I already got a fundation, really basics, in perl. but I am wondering what would be best to be good at first. Can you please help me determine which one to... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pouchie1
14 Replies

7. What is on Your Mind?

Shell Scripting vs Perl scripting

Gents, I have been working in a Solaris/Unix environment for about 9 months. I took some linux classses online before getting the job. But, I am not very good at scripting. I want to learn how to script. Do you think that I should start with Shell scripting or Perl? I wanted to continue with... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pouchie1
2 Replies

8. Web Development

Perl scripting or shell scripting?

i am going to study any one of the scripting languages mentioned above(shell 0r perl scripting) . Which is having more scope for a fresher? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Anna Hussie
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

need help in PERL Scripting

I am having file xyz.log Its content is like this int main() { d; #ifdef e; f; #else g; #ifdef h. #else i; (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: naaj_ila
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl Scripting

I have create this shell script #!/bin/sh if ; then echo "Usage: ./script <filename>" exit 1 elif ; then fname="$1" fi output="output.txt" i=0 ... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: Evelin90
11 Replies
Catalyst::Plugin::Setenv(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation			     Catalyst::Plugin::Setenv(3pm)

NAME
Catalyst::Plugin::Setenv - Allows you to set up the environment from Catalyst's config file. VERSION
Version 0.03 SYNOPSIS
In your application: use Catalyst qw/Setenv/; In your config file: environment: FOO: bar BAR: baz When your app starts, $ENV{FOO} will be "bar", and $ENV{BAR} will be "baz". You can also append and prepend to existing environment variables. For example, if $PATH is "/bin:/usr/bin", you can append "/myapp/bin" by writing: environment: PATH: "::/myapp/bin" After that, $PATH will be set to "/bin:/usr/bin:/myapp/bin". You can prepend, too: environment: PATH: "/myapp/bin::" which yields "/myapp/bin:/bin:/usr/bin". If you want a literal colon at the beginning or end of the environment variable, escape it with a "", like ":foo" or "foo:". Note that slashes aren't meaningful elsewhere, they're inserted verbatim into the relevant environment variable. EXPORT
A list of functions that can be exported. You can delete this section if you don't export anything, such as for a purely object-oriented module. FUNCTIONS
setup Calls the other setup methods, and then sets the environment variables. AUTHOR
Jonathan Rockway, "<jrockway at cpan.org>" BUGS
Escaping Things like ":foo" can't be literally inserted into an environment variable, due to my simplistic escaping scheme. Patches to fix this (but not interpert ""s anywhere else) are welcome. REPORTING Please report any bugs or feature requests to "bug-catalyst-plugin-setenv at rt.cpan.org", or through the web interface at <http://rt.cpan.org/NoAuth/ReportBug.html?Queue=Catalyst-Plugin-Setenv>. I will be notified, and then you'll automatically be notified of progress on your bug as I make changes. SUPPORT
You can find documentation for this module with the perldoc command. perldoc Catalyst::Plugin::Setenv You can also look for information at: o The Catalyst Website <http://www.catalystframework.org/> o AnnoCPAN: Annotated CPAN documentation <http://annocpan.org/dist/Catalyst-Plugin-Setenv> o CPAN Ratings <http://cpanratings.perl.org/d/Catalyst-Plugin-Setenv> o RT: CPAN's request tracker <http://rt.cpan.org/NoAuth/Bugs.html?Dist=Catalyst-Plugin-Setenv> o Search CPAN <http://search.cpan.org/dist/Catalyst-Plugin-Setenv> ACKNOWLEDGEMENTS
Thanks to Bill Moseley's message to the mailing list that prompted me to write this. COPYRIGHT &; LICENSE Copyright 2006 Jonathan Rockway, all rights reserved. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.10.1 2011-02-27 Catalyst::Plugin::Setenv(3pm)