Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Vector Traversing
Top Forums Programming Vector Traversing Post 302190679 by jim mcnamara on Wednesday 30th of April 2008 08:20:48 AM
Old 04-30-2008
Are you trying to eliminate duplicates, sort or what?
Using search.h and maybe lsearch() or hsearch() will do what you need. If the data is redundant, hsearch() is not the best choice.

I personally deal with stuff like this by creating an array of pointers, then sorting the array using qsort, which allows one to access an element with bsearch() using a key. Sorting an array of structs is too expensive. But it is not clear what you need.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Traversing a file system

I'm pretty new at this UNIX stuff, and this may be a simple question but I'm kind of stuck :confused: Let's say I have a large directory structure of .essay files, where I saved all of the essays that I did over the last few years. Not all of the .essay files are in the same directory (all... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hooj
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Traversing thru dirs and deleting files based on date

Hi Folks I am pretty new to unix and shellscripting. I need help on writing logic on traversing recursively through a set of directories under a top-level folder and delete files(mostly text) which are 1 month old. Can you people help me on this? Thanks a lot Ravi (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ravi2082
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Traversing Pascal/Delphi code using GVim

Hi, I am using GVim as editor... and i am viewing code of pascal/ delphi.. my problem is its difficult to use GVim as source code browser.... normally ctags helps to traverse in vim for c/c++.. is there anything like that for pascal/ delphi to minimise this complication of each... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: SankarV
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

script for traversing directory

hi please suggest a korn script which will traverse all subdirectory in the current directory? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ilayans
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find directory name while traversing subdirectories

Hi, I have a parent directory in which I have sub directories of different depth /usr/usr1/user2/671 /usr/usr1/672 /usr/user2/user1/673 /usr/user2/user3/user4/674 And I need the names of all the directories that which starts only with 6 in a file. Thanks, (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: arun_maffy
12 Replies

6. Programming

Traversing in Array of pointers

Please find the below program. the requirement and description of the program also given: ganesh@ubuntu:~/my_programs/c/letusc/chap9$ cat fa.c.old /* Program : write a program to count the number of 'e' in thefollowing array of pointers to strings: char *s = { "We will teach you how... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: ramkrix
12 Replies

7. Homework & Coursework Questions

Problem while traversing directories

I was given to create a backup of all files in a given directory(command line argument) into say /home/vishal/back and the back up files must be accordingly to the extension of the file i.e pdf files are saved in back/pdf doc files back/doc etc . I gave a recursive function to traverse through the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: davis7son
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

traversing a string

I am writing a script which will read a word and say how many vowels and consonants does the word contain. but i dont know how to traverse a string in shell scripting. if it was in C i'd have done something like this: cout<<"plz enter the word"<<endl; cin>>word; int consonants, vowels;... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nishrestha
4 Replies

9. Programming

How to reverse a linked list by traversing only once.?

Program to reverse a linked list by traversing only once. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: VSSajjan
1 Replies

10. Programming

Traversing member of structure of vector C++

Hello, I want to loop thru a vector composed of many entries as structure, which contains sequenceID and sequence. At looping, delete any structure if the sequence is a perfect-match substring of another sequence of any other structure, so that the resulted vector contains only unique sequences.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yifangt
1 Replies
Statistics::Basic::Covariance(3pm)			User Contributed Perl Documentation			Statistics::Basic::Covariance(3pm)

NAME
Statistics::Basic::Covariance - find the covariance between two lists SYNOPSIS
Invoke it this way: my $covariance = covariance( [1,2,3], [1,2,3] ); Or this way: my $v1 = vector(1,2,3); my $v2 = vector(1,2,3); my $cov = cov($v1,$v2); And then either query the values or print them like so: print "The covariance between $v1 and $v2: $covariance "; my $cq = $cov->query; my $c0 = 0+$cov; Create a 20 point "moving" covariance like so: use Statistics::Basic qw(:all nofill); my $sth = $dbh->prepare("select col1,col2 from data where something"); my $len = 20; my $cov = cov(); $cov->set_size($len); $sth->execute or die $dbh->errstr; $sth->bind_columns( my ($lhs, $rhs) ) or die $dbh->errstr; my $count = $len; while( $sth->fetch ) { $cov->insert( $lhs, $rhs ); if( defined( my $c = $cov->query ) ) { print "Covariance: $c "; } # This would also work: # print "Covariance: $cov " if $cov->query_filled; } METHODS
This list of methods skips the methods inherited from Statistics::Basic::_TwoVectorBase (things like query(), insert(), and ginsert()). new() Create a new Statistics::Basic::Covariance object. This function takes two arguments -- which can either be arrayrefs or Statistics::Basic::Vector objects. This function is called when the covariance() shortcut-function is called. query_vector1() Return the Statistics::Basic::Vector for the first vector. query_vector2() Return the Statistics::Basic::Vector object for the second vector. query_mean1() Returns the Statistics::Basic::Mean object for the first vector. query_mean2() Returns the Statistics::Basic::Mean object for the second vector. OVERLOADS
This object is overloaded. It tries to return an appropriate string for the calculation or the value of the computation in numeric context. In boolean context, this object is always true (even when empty). AUTHOR
Paul Miller "<jettero@cpan.org>" COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2012 Paul Miller -- Licensed under the LGPL SEE ALSO
perl(1), Statistics::Basic, Statistics::Basic::_TwoVectorBase, Statistics::Basic::Vector perl v5.14.2 2012-01-23 Statistics::Basic::Covariance(3pm)