Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users How to extract two words at the same time. Post 302190673 by Franklin52 on Wednesday 30th of April 2008 07:50:42 AM
Old 04-30-2008
Code:
egrep '#|down' file

or:

Code:
awk '/#/||/down/' file

Regards

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

extract words with even numbr of letters

Hello All I need to extract words which are of even number of letters and not greater than 10. Any help?? Thanks, Manish (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: manish205
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract numbers below words with awk

Hi all, Please some help over here. I have a Sales.txt file containing info in blocks for every sold product in the pattern showed below (only for 2 products). NEW BLOCK SALE DATA PRODUCT SERIAL 79833269999 146701011945004 .Some other data .Some... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: cgkmal
17 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

extract words from txt using perl

Hi, i will deal with txt file and i want to use perl to extract number of words from this txt ex :if the txt file is a story which contains person names and iwant to extract these names and there is something else that these names which i want perl to extract must match the words (person names) ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: eng_shimaa
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

[sed] extract words from a string

Hi, One of the scripts creates logs in the format: progname_file1.log.20100312020657 where after file the number could be from 1 to 28 and after log. the date is attached in the format YYYYMMDDHHMISS progname_file<1-28>.log.YYYYMMDDHHMISS. Now I want to discard the .20100312020657... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: dips_ag
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

expr command to extract words

how to use expr command to retrieve all the words before the equal sign "=" with shell script (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: 76455
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Extract words to new file

Hi there, Unix Gurus Working with big listings of english sentences for my pupils, of the type: 1. If the boss's son had been , someone would have asked for money by now. 2. Look, I haven't a crime, so why can't you let me go? .... I wondered how to extract the words between brackets in... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: eldeingles
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract words from a pipe

Hello, Currently, I have this output from my application : ------------------------------------------------- Log viewer/Tmp1 (Jun 29 2011 09:48) ------------------------------------------------- BlalbalbaBlalbalba..Blalbalba..Blalbalba..Blalbalba..Blalbalba..Blalbalba..Blalbalba....... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: acidoangel
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract data b/w two words using sed

Hi, I want to extract data b/w two words with the help of sed.. Eg: In "Anna said that she would fetch the bucket", I want to display data b/w "Anna" and "would" O/P: said that she I have tried with below code, but unable to get desired o/p echo "Anna said that she would fetch the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: divya bandipotu
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract words before and after a certain word.

I have a sample text file with file name: sample.txt The text file has the following text. this is an example text where we have to extract certain words before and after certain word these words can be used later to get more information I want to extract n (a constant) words before and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shoaibjameel123
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Extract Bracketed Words

Hi there, Unixers I need to extract ALL the words from a text which aresurrounded by square brackets. I am using this piece of code sed 's/.*\.*/\1/g' inputfile > outputfile but I only get one word for every paragraph, why? Please use CODE tags as required by forum rules! (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: eldeingles
7 Replies
swfextract(1)							     swftools							     swfextract(1)

NAME
swfextract - a tool for extracting data out of swf files. Synopsis swfextract [options] [file.swf] DESCRIPTION
swfextracts allows one to extract swf movieclips and objects out of swf files. SWF files are animation files which can be displayed in Web Browsers using the Flash Plugin. OPTIONS
-h, --help Print short help message and exit -o, --output filename Write output to file filename -V, --version Print version info and exit -i, --id ids ids is a range of IDs to extract. E.g. 1-10,14 -j, --jpegs ids ids is a range of JPEG IDs to extract. E.g. 1-2,3,14- -p, --pngs ids ids is a range of PNG IDs to extract. E.g. -10,20-30 -f, --frame frames frames is a range of frames to extract. E.g. 1-10,20-30,40- -n, --name name Set the name of the object to extract to name. -w, --hollow Copy empty frames to the output file, too. -P, --placeobject Copy original placeobject tag for the given object into the output file (Use with -i). This means that the object is at the same position in the generated movie as in the original movie. -j, --jpegs range Extract jpeg pictures in range -p, --pngs range Extract png pictures in range -m, --mp3 Extract main mp3 stream (There may be substreams in the Movieclips, as well. To extract these, first extract the Movieclips with -i and then use -m) AUTHOR
Matthias Kramm <kramm@quiss.org> swfdump January 2003 swfextract(1)