Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to capture status code and echo a message Post 302190559 by Nanu_Manju on Wednesday 30th of April 2008 02:44:57 AM
Old 04-30-2008
Thanks Lankar

Thanks, I hate when I appear dumb. You have a good day

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sh Prgram to capture Log message.

Hi All, I have a log file which consists of log messages as follows -> GLOBALCALLID_CLUSTERID_B NEXT * , O(") CHARACTER JOINONBEHALFOF NEXT * , O(") CHARACTER Record 1: Rejected - Error on table IFA_MMV_CDR, column CDRRECORDTYPE.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rahulrathod
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Append Status to echo'd line after process completes

Hello All, I'm very new to scripting and I'm writing a very simple script to restart a couple processes because I'm getting to lazy to cd between directories. This is pretty much my first script and I just want to add a little cosmetics to it. Here's what I have: #!/bin/ksh echo... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Setan
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to capture actual error message when a command fails to execute

I want to capture actual error message in case the commands I use in my shell script fails. For eg: ls -l abc.txt 2>>errorlog.txt In this case I understand the error message is written to the errorlog.txt and I assume its bacause the return code from the command ls -l abc might return 2 if... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: prathima
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How do I capture multiple lines of the status output of a command?

I need to know what the upload speed of an Internet connection. I thought the easiest way to do this would be to transfer a file via FTP to my server using the command: sh-3.2$ ftp -u ftp://username:password@computerdomain/directory/ file_to_be_uploaded Note: My environment allows me to issue... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: zzz1528
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Perl] Capture system call error message.

Hi, I googled a bit, but could not find the answer to my problem. But I am sure it is a common issue. I have this code: #!/bin/perl -w #-d use strict; sub remsh_test() { my $host = $_; printf "\n----\n\n"; printf "remsh to $host with system call\n"; my $result = system... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ejdv
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to echo message when file is empty.

If a file is empty then it must print the message "no data found" eg: if then echo "no data found" your help is really appreciated. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: javeedkaleem
3 Replies

7. Solaris

zpool status -v erros message

# zpool status -v pool: pool1 state: ONLINE status: One or more devices has experienced an error resulting in data corruption. Applications may be affected. action: Restore the file in question if possible. Otherwise restore the entire pool from backup. see:... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: beginner
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to retry FTP commands if unsuccessful and capture the failure status code.

I am using the below code to ftp file onto another server FTP_LOG_FILE=${CURR_PRG_NAME}- ${FTP_FILE}-`date +%Y%m%d%H%M%S`.log ftp -ivn ${FTP_HOST} ${FTP_PORT} << ENDFTP >> ${EDI_LOG_DIR}/${FTP_LOG_FILE} 2>&1 user ${FTP_USER} ${FTP_PSWD} lcd... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: akashdeepak
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find a string in all files and echo a message

Hi. I m trying to figure out how to do this. I have a directory full of files (100 files) and I want to be able to search for a string called "end" at the end of the files (last line or last 5 lines) and echo each file to say "incomplete" if not found. This is what I have so far. ---... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jasonhawaii
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

UNIX Sqlplus - Capture the sql statement about to run and execution status

Greetings Experts, I am on AIX using ksh. Created a unix script which generates the CREATE OR REPLACE VIEW ... and GRANT .. statements, which are placed in a single .txt file. Now I need to execute the contents in the file (there are around 300 view creation and grant statements) in Oracle and... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: chill3chee
4 Replies
Time::CTime(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation					  Time::CTime(3pm)

NAME
Time::CTime -- format times ala POSIX asctime SYNOPSIS
use Time::CTime print ctime(time); print asctime(localtime(time)); print strftime(template, localtime(time)); strftime conversions %% PERCENT %a day of the week abbr %A day of the week %b month abbr %B month %c ctime format: Sat Nov 19 21:05:57 1994 %d DD %D MM/DD/YY %e numeric day of the month %f floating point seconds (milliseconds): .314 %F floating point seconds (microseconds): .314159 %h month abbr %H hour, 24 hour clock, leading 0's) %I hour, 12 hour clock, leading 0's) %j day of the year %k hour %l hour, 12 hour clock %m month number, starting with 1, leading 0's %M minute, leading 0's %n NEWLINE %o ornate day of month -- "1st", "2nd", "25th", etc. %p AM or PM %r time format: 09:05:57 PM %R time format: 21:05 %S seconds, leading 0's %t TAB %T time format: 21:05:57 %U week number, Sunday as first day of week %v DD-Mon-Year %w day of the week, numerically, Sunday == 0 %W week number, Monday as first day of week %x date format: 11/19/94 %X time format: 21:05:57 %y year (2 digits) %Y year (4 digits) %Z timezone in ascii. eg: PST DESCRIPTION
This module provides routines to format dates. They correspond to the libc routines. &strftime() supports a pretty good set of coversions -- more than most C libraries. strftime supports a pretty good set of conversions. The POSIX module has very similar functionality. You should consider using it instead if you do not have allergic reactions to system libraries. GENESIS
Written by David Muir Sharnoff <muir@idiom.org>. The starting point for this package was a posting by Paul Foley <paul@ascent.com> LICENSE
Copyright (C) 1996-2010 David Muir Sharnoff. Copyright (C) 2011 Google, Inc. License hereby granted for anyone to use, modify or redistribute this module at their own risk. Please feed useful changes back to cpan@dave.sharnoff.org. perl v5.12.3 2011-05-12 Time::CTime(3pm)