Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Perl: How to convert xxx@dom.ain.com to domaincom Post 302190524 by Juha on Wednesday 30th of April 2008 12:13:08 AM
Old 04-30-2008
Perl: How to convert xxx@dom.ain.com to domaincom

Hi,

Is there a way to convert xxx@dom.ain.com to domaincom, so to remove everything before and including @ and then to remove the dot from the rest of the line?

I know I can do:

Code:
$str = "xxx\@dom.ain.com";
print "String before: $str\n";
$str =~ s/.*?@//;
$str =~ s/\.//g; 
print "String after: $str\n";

Which outputs:
Code:
String before: xxx@dom.ain.com
String after: domaincom

But is there a way of combining the two operations into one?

Thanks!

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. News, Links, Events and Announcements

Halloween IX: It Ain't Necessarily SCO

Check this out: http://www.opensource.org/halloween/halloween9.php (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to parse a XML file using PERL and XML::DOm

I need to know the way. I have got parsing down some nodes. But I was unable to get the child node perfectly. If you have code please send it. It will be very useful for me. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: girigopal
0 Replies

3. AIX

Perl Module (XML:DOM) dependency

Hi All, I am facing dependency on AIX :confused:.I am trying to run an script which requires PERL MODULE (XML::DOM) to be installed. Please find the attached file which shows the error i am getting (cant locate XML/DOM.pm in @INC). Please let me know how to install PERL MODULE (XML::DOM) ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: srivatsa86
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

HELP on Perl array / sorting - trying to convert Korn Shell Script to Perl

Hi all, Not sure if this should be in the programming forum, but I believe it will get more response under the Shell Programming and Scripting FORUM. Am trying to write a customized df script in Perl and need some help with regards to using arrays and file handlers. At the moment am... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie_01
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Perl XML::DOM: How to test if element exists?

Hi, I'm trying to write a script for some xml file handling, but I'm not getting too far with it. I've got the following xml content <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> <Test xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" > <Operation name="OPER1"> <Action name="ACTION1">... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Juha
2 Replies

6. AIX

echo $varibla | mail -s "subject" "xxx@xxx.com" not ruuning as expected

Hi Folks, As per the subject, the following command is not working as expected. echo $variable | mail -s "subject" "xxx@xxx.com" Could anyone figure it out whats wrong with this. I am using AIX box. Regards, (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gjarms
2 Replies

7. Red Hat

Gnome3 locksup on new Linux kernel 12.6.xxx & 12.5.xxx

Hi Forum Ive been having a problem with the kernal(s) for some strange reason it every time I try and access the date and time/calendar or system settings it locks up the whole laptop and nothing responds. :(. This doesn't happen 11.10.xxx kernel . Any help would be much appreciated and thank you... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ShinTec
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Assigning DOM Object value to an array

Hi, I have the following code that makes use of a URL that I store in a variable then create a document object below to work on it. $dom = new DOMDocument; @$dom->loadHTML($html); $links = $dom->getElementsByTagName('a'); $links = $dom->getElementsByTagName('a'); ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mojoman
0 Replies
NetSDS::Util::Convert(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				NetSDS::Util::Convert(3pm)

NAME
NetSDS::Util::Convert - data formats conversion functions SYNOPSIS
use NetSDS::Util::Convert qw(...); DESCRIPTION
"NetSDS::Util::Convert" module contains miscelaneous functions. o CLI parameters processing o types validation o HEX, Base64, URI, BCD encondig o UUID processing EXPORTED FUNCTIONS
conv_conv_str_bcd($str) - convert string to little-endian BCD This function converts string to little-endian BCD encoding filled with F16 value. conv_chr_hex($char) - encode char to hexadecimal string $hex = conv_chr_hex('a'); # return 61 conv_hex_chr($hex) - convert hexadecimal string to character $chr = conv_hex_chr('4A'); # return 'J' conv_str_hex($str) - convert byte string to hexadecimal $str = 'Want hex dump!'; $hex = conv_hex_str($str); print "Hex string: " . $hex; conv_hex_str($string) - convert hex to byte string $hex = '7A686F7061'; $string = conv_hex_str($hex); print "String from hex: " . $string; conv_str_base64($str) - convert string to Base64 my $b64 = str_base64("Hallo, people!"); conv_base64_str($b64) - convert Base64 to string my $str = base64_str($base64_string); conv_str_uri($str) - convert string to URI encoded Example: my $uri = str_uri("http://www.google.com/?q=what"); conv_uri_str($uri) - decode URI encoded string Example: my $str = uri_str($uri_string); EXAMPLES
None BUGS
None TODO
1. Add other encodings support SEE ALSO
Pod::Usage, Data::UUID AUTHORS
Valentyn Solomko <pere@pere.org.ua> Michael Bochkaryov <misha@rattler.kiev.ua> perl v5.12.4 2011-08-27 NetSDS::Util::Convert(3pm)