Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming Java with Unix (Redirection + Piping) Post 302190503 by fabtagon on Tuesday 29th of April 2008 09:09:00 PM
Old 04-29-2008
Simply ask google about "2>&1" and you're done.

PS: you aren't doing homework, are you?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Redirection or piping error message

I have written a script that appears to work correctly in testing, but is coming up with a starnge error message, script_name: test: 0403-004 Specify a parameter with this command. Redirection or piping of stdin or stdout is allowed only with -b. (156). The script is run by different... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mariner
2 Replies

2. Programming

Piping and redirection implementation

To implement the facility of piping and redirection I used the two commands dup, dup2, and strtok for tokenizing the command. But when I run the command ls|more it is not running fine as I have developed it using the dup2 command. the more command needs the whole buffer at once. Please help... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: mobile01
7 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Piping in UNIX

All, I am a UNIX novice with a question that I hope you can help me with. I have a UNIX application called "Tole" that formats and displays specific information about customers. I can display the information for up to 30 customers by seperating customer IDs using commas in this format: Tole -c... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: simo007
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix redirection to '&-'

Hi UF family members, I am intermediate in Unix language and scripting.I know the redirection systems in unix,but the below statement confuses me: #!/bin/ksh . $HOME/.profile 2>&- Actually this is an extract from a unix script which was trying to set the... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: DILEEP410
6 Replies

5. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Unix command redirection

Hi all,, Is there any way to redirect the command o/p directaly to a memory location instead of redirecting it to the file?? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: swap007
1 Replies

6. Programming

piping from C to python in UNIX

Hi, I'm trying to wrap my head around piping in C - I've got a small C program that forks and pipes stuff from the child process to the parent process. Currently the child process calls a C program that squirts out random numbers which then pipes the result to the parent process. The... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dreams in Blue
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Piping Unix Variable Array values into AWK

#ksh Here is my code: ERRORLIST="43032 12001 12002 12003 12004 34019 49015 49016 49017 49018 49024 49025 49026 58004 72003 12005 12006 12007 12008 12011 12012 16024 16023" for ERROR in ${ERRORLIST} do awk -v l="$lastdate" '/^....-..-../&&$0>l{d=$0}d&&/Error: '"${ERROR}"'/{print... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: k1ko
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

redirection in unix

how to redirect a output value to a file (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pratima.kumari
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Exit code from piping in unix shell script

Hi , I have following code in my shell script : "$TS_BIN/tranfrmr" "${TS_SETTINGS}/tranfrmr_p1.stx" "${TS_LOGS}/tranfrmr_p1.err" | ( "$TS_BIN/cusparse" "${TS_SETTINGS}/cusparse_p2.stx" "${TS_LOGS}/cusparse_p2.err" | ( "$TS_BIN/tsqsort" "${TS_SETTINGS}/srtforpm_p3.stx"... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: sonu_pal
8 Replies

10. Homework & Coursework Questions

Unix Piping Problem

Hey guys. I'm very new to Unix. I'm pretty fluent in Java and C, but I have never actually used Unix for anything. I am in an Operating Systems course now and I have an assignment to write a piece of code that involves forks and piping. I'm stuck. 1. The problem statement, all variables and... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: itsjimmy91
6 Replies
NE_ADDR_RESOLVE(3)						neon API reference						NE_ADDR_RESOLVE(3)

NAME
ne_addr_resolve, ne_addr_result, ne_addr_first, ne_addr_next, ne_addr_error, ne_addr_destroy - functions to resolve hostnames to addresses SYNOPSIS
#include <ne_socket.h> ne_sock_addr *ne_addr_resolve(const char *hostname, int flags); int ne_addr_result(const ne_sock_addr *addr); const ne_inet_addr *ne_addr_first(ne_sock_addr *addr); const ne_inet_addr *ne_addr_next(ne_sock_addr *addr); char *ne_addr_error(const ne_sock_addr *addr, char *buffer, size_t bufsiz); void ne_addr_destroy(ne_sock_addr *addr); DESCRIPTION
The ne_addr_resolve function resolves the given hostname, returning an ne_sock_addr object representing the address (or addresses) associated with the hostname. The flags parameter is currently unused, and must be passed as 0. The hostname passed to ne_addr_resolve can be a DNS hostname (e.g. "www.example.com") or an IPv4 dotted quad (e.g. "192.0.34.72"); or, on systems which support IPv6, an IPv6 hex address, which may be enclosed in brackets, e.g. "[::1]". To determine whether the hostname was successfully resolved, the ne_addr_result function is used, which returns non-zero if an error occurred. If an error did occur, the ne_addr_error function can be used, which will copy the error string into a given buffer (of size bufsiz). The functions ne_addr_first and ne_addr_next are used to retrieve the Internet addresses associated with an address object which has been successfully resolved. ne_addr_first returns the first address; ne_addr_next returns the next address after the most recent call to ne_addr_next or ne_addr_first, or NULL if there are no more addresses. The ne_inet_addr pointer returned by these functions can be passed to ne_sock_connect to connect a socket. After the address object has been used, it should be destroyed using ne_addr_destroy. RETURN VALUE
ne_addr_resolve returns a pointer to an address object, and never NULL. ne_addr_error returns the buffer parameter . EXAMPLES
The code below prints out the set of addresses associated with the hostname www.google.com. ne_sock_addr *addr; char buf[256]; addr = ne_addr_resolve("www.google.com", 0); if (ne_addr_result(addr)) { printf("Could not resolve www.google.com: %s ", ne_addr_error(addr, buf, sizeof buf)); } else { const ne_inet_addr *ia; printf("www.google.com:"); for (ia = ne_addr_first(addr); ia != NULL; ia = ne_addr_next(addr)) { printf(" %s", ne_iaddr_print(ia, buf, sizeof buf)); } putchar(' '); } ne_addr_destroy(addr); SEE ALSO
ne_iaddr_print AUTHOR
Joe Orton <neon@lists.manyfish.co.uk> Author. COPYRIGHT
neon 0.29.6 3 May 2011 NE_ADDR_RESOLVE(3)