Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: help with strings in shell
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting help with strings in shell Post 302190403 by CyberCop on Tuesday 29th of April 2008 02:49:38 PM
Old 04-29-2008
Java help with strings in shell

can some one help me loock this image

now from that algoritham can you creat a csh or bash shell script
thanx

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to concatenate two strings or several strings into one string in B-shell?

like connect "summer" and "winter" to "summerwinter"? Can anybody help me? thanks a lot. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: fontana
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

comparison of strings in unix shell scripting

Hi STORAGE_TYPE=$1 echo "########### SQL SESSION STARTED ###########" VALUE=`sqlplus -S /nolog << THEEND connect tcupro/tcupro_dev@bdd1optn SET SERVEROUTPUT ON DECLARE V_STORAGE_TYPE varchar2(3); V_ERR_MSG varchar2(255) ; V_LOG_LEVEL varchar2(200); BEGIN... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: piscean_n
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Matching strings in unix shell programming

#!bin/sh `clear` for i in $(seq -w 15 37); do #echo $i wget --dns-timeout=0.0005 http://napdweb${i}.eao.abn-iad.ea.com:8000/webcore/test/test.jsp -o 1 A=`cat 1` C=$(expr "$A" :... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: veerumahanthi41
7 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to Convert Strings into Numbers under C-Shell?

I tried something like: set test3 = (4.985e-10 5.130e-10 5.486e-10 6.023e-10 7.015e-10) set test4 = (4.869e-10 5.010-10 5.363e-10 5.895e-10 6.887e-10) set test5 = $test3 - $test4 but this doesn't seem to work. And then I tried: @ test5 = $test3 - $test4 This doesn't seem to work... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: EDALBNUG
8 Replies

5. Homework & Coursework Questions

strings in shell script!

hi ppl, I have a basic doubt as to how shell treats strings. e.g:given a line of data like this "5","6","45","77","89" extracting the value from each field to a variable will conatin a string("5") or just the number? If it conatins "5", how do we perform mathematical operations with that... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: beetel
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to replace strings to and from a file

Hello All, I have 2 files 1 ) source file eg asasa 1.2.3.4 adfhsdfsdfasdf zxzxzx 2.3.4.56 dsadasdasdsadasd kjjkjkjk 30.3.4.5 asdsadsadsadsadsad vxcvxcvx 1.2.3.4 qwewqewqeqweqwe 2) patern file 1.2.3.4 A 2.3.4.56 B 30.3.4.5 C I need the source to be changed to asasa A... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nitinkgoud
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to extract exact strings in shell scripting

/Path/snowbird9/nrfCompMgrRave1230100920.log.gz:09/20/2010 06:14:51 ERROR Error Message. /Path/snowbird6/nrfCompMgrRave1220100920.log.gz:09/20/2010 06:14:51 ERROR Error Message. /Path/snowbird14/nrfCompMgrRave920100920.log.gz:09/20/2010 06:14:51 ERROR Error Message.... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shirisha
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find associated strings in a bash shell script

Hi together, unfortunately I am not a shell script guru - the following might touch the depths of awk, substr, split, regexps, where I am still fighting with - but as always the boss needs a fast solution :-( So: I have the following USER/PASSWORD-installation-config-file, from where I want to... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sofie
10 Replies

9. Red Hat

Grep between two strings in shell

<cisco:subname> <cisco:sptp>Cisco PortA Series</cisco:sptp> <cisco:aliasNameList xsi:nil="true"/> <cisco: owner xsi:nil="true"/> <cisco:subportname> <cisco:cpt>Cisco SubPort B Series</cisco:cpt> ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: itsspy
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to ignore mutiple strings when using shell script?

Hi All, I am trying to use below syntax to find ignore multiple locations while searching for a file. find / -name "$serviceitem" ! -size 0 2>&1 |egrep -v "tmp|docker|WinSxS|Permission|HISTORY|alternatives|bearer11ssl|manifest" I tried to assign all the ignore strings to one variable... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sravani25
2 Replies
CCD2ISO(1)							   User Commands							CCD2ISO(1)

NAME
ccd2iso - convert IMG format to ISO format SYNOPSIS
ccd2iso [FOO.IMG] [BAR.ISO] DESCRIPTION
ccd2iso converts FOO.IMG to ISO format and writes the result to BAR.ISO. If fewer arguments than expected are given, ccd2iso will print its help message and quit. If more arguments than expected are given, ccd2iso will silently ignore them and use only the first two argu- ments. IMG files are raw-data copies of optical media, generated primarily by the Windows application CloneCD, and are primarily used to store CDs with odd properties, such as sectors which need to have read errors when read. Conversion to ISO format removes this information, as ISO format does not support this. IMG files almost always include a SUB file, which contains additional data for the disc format, and a CCD file, which is a plaintext con- figuration file describing the disc layout. ccd2iso does not make use of these files, but the applications which generate them expect them to have the same FOO prefix as the IMG file. LIMITATIONS
ccd2iso currently only copies the first session of multisession discs, as well as outputting a harmless warning of Unrecognized sector mode. ccd2iso utterly ignores the additional data in CCD or SUB files. SEE ALSO
mdf2iso(1), nrg2iso(1) AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Rich Ercolani <rercola@acm.jhu.edu>, for the Debian GNU/Linux distribution (but it may, of course, be used by others), because the original program lacked a manual page. It may be distributed under the same terms as ccd2iso, the GNU GPL version 2 or later, at your option. ccd2iso 0.3 June 2006 CCD2ISO(1)