Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Create individual tgz files from a set of files Post 302190275 by Cameron on Tuesday 29th of April 2008 08:38:25 AM
Old 04-29-2008
Archive & GZIP the directory - problem solved. Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

unzip .tgz files

hi all How to unzip .tgz files waiting for suggestions Praful (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Prafulla
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Extract .tgz files that only contain a pattern

Let's say I've got File.tgz that contains:- Apple.txt Banana.txt Carrot.txt AppleBanana.txt Now, I would like to only extract files that contain the patter "Apple". I've tried this tar -xvf File.tgz 'tar -tf File.tgz | grep 'Apple'' but it does not work. Please help. Thanks. (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: percivalwcy
12 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Apply 'awk' to all files in a directory or individual files from a command line

Hi All, I am using the awk command to replace ',' by '\t' (tabs) in a csv file. I would like to apply this to all .csv files in a directory and create .txt files with the tabs. How would I do this in a script? I have the following script called "csvtabs": awk 'BEGIN { FS... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ScKaSx
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to move files to existing .tgz file?

Hi, I have already created the tar files. which consist of some log files and Audit.csv plz see the below code for that ================================================ tar -Pczf ARCH/${arc_date}.tgz $LOG/*.log $REYE/CEP/FiAdapter/Audit.${arc_date}.csv ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pspriyanka
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unpack individual files from tarball

Say you don't want to unpack the whole thing, just individual files or directories within a .tgz. How to do this? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: stevensw
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Finding compound words from a set of files from another set of files

Hi All, I am completely stuck here. I have a set of files (with names A.txt, B.txt until L.txt) which contain words like these: computer random access memory computer networking mouse terminal windows All the files from A.txt to L.txt have the same format i.e. complete words in... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shoaibjameel123
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Executing a batch of files within a shell script with option to refire the individual files in batch

Hello everyone. I am new to shell scripting and i am required to create a shell script, the purpose of which i will explain below. I am on a solaris server btw. Before delving into the requirements, i will give youse an overview of what is currently in place and its purpose. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: goddevil
2 Replies

8. Solaris

Auditing Individual Files

I have some Solaris 9 systems and I'm interested in using the "fm" audit class to track changes to sensitive files but it's too verbose for it to be auditing to that level for EVERY file, so I was wondering if there were a way of restricting the audit of those events to particular files. I... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: thmnetwork
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extracting specific files from multiple .tgz files

Hey, I have number of .tgz files and want to extract the file with the ending *results.txt from each one. I have tried for file in *.tgz; do tar --wildcards -zxf $file *results.txt; doneas well as list=$(ls *.tgz) for i in $list; do tar --wildcards -zxvf $i *.results.txt; done... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jfern
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Create a tgz from source FreeBSD

Hello, i'm having a problem here with FreeBSD 9.2 . I've created a directory and downloaded the latest ntp-4.2.8p1-beta2 from ntp.org. Untar then into the directory and then ./configure all went OK. Then i had to modify some parameters in the config.h created with ./configure . Then make... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Board27
2 Replies
Archive::Zip::MemberRead(3)				User Contributed Perl Documentation			       Archive::Zip::MemberRead(3)

NAME
Archive::Zip::MemberRead - A wrapper that lets you read Zip archive members as if they were files. SYNOPSIS
use Archive::Zip; use Archive::Zip::MemberRead; $zip = Archive::Zip->new("file.zip"); $fh = Archive::Zip::MemberRead->new($zip, "subdir/abc.txt"); while (defined($line = $fh->getline())) { print $fh->input_line_number . "#: $line "; } $read = $fh->read($buffer, 32*1024); print "Read $read bytes as :$buffer: "; DESCRIPTION
The Archive::Zip::MemberRead module lets you read Zip archive member data just like you read data from files. METHODS
Archive::Zip::Member::readFileHandle() You can get a "Archive::Zip::MemberRead" from an archive member by calling "readFileHandle()": my $member = $zip->memberNamed('abc/def.c'); my $fh = $member->readFileHandle(); while (defined($line = $fh->getline())) { # ... } $fh->close(); Archive::Zip::MemberRead->new($zip, $fileName) Archive::Zip::MemberRead->new($zip, $member) Archive::Zip::MemberRead->new($member) Construct a new Archive::Zip::MemberRead on the specified member. my $fh = Archive::Zip::MemberRead->new($zip, 'fred.c') setLineEnd(expr) Set the line end character to use. This is set to by default except on Windows systems where it is set to . You will only need to set this on systems which are not Windows or Unix based and require a line end different from . This is a class method so call as "Archive::Zip::MemberRead"->"setLineEnd($nl)" rewind() Rewinds an "Archive::Zip::MemberRead" so that you can read from it again starting at the beginning. input_record_separator(expr) If the argument is given, input_record_separator for this instance is set to it. The current setting (which may be the global $/) is always returned. input_line_number() Returns the current line number, but only if you're using "getline()". Using "read()" will not update the line number. close() Closes the given file handle. buffer_size([ $size ]) Gets or sets the buffer size used for reads. Default is the chunk size used by Archive::Zip. getline() Returns the next line from the currently open member. Makes sense only for text files. A read error is considered fatal enough to die. Returns undef on eof. All subsequent calls would return undef, unless a rewind() is called. Note: The line returned has the input_record_separator (default: newline) removed. getline( { preserve_line_ending => 1 } ) Returns the next line including the line ending. read($buffer, $num_bytes_to_read) Simulates a normal "read()" system call. Returns the no. of bytes read. "undef" on error, 0 on eof, e.g.: $fh = Archive::Zip::MemberRead->new($zip, "sreeji/secrets.bin"); while (1) { $read = $fh->read($buffer, 1024); die "FATAL ERROR reading my secrets ! " if (!defined($read)); last if (!$read); # Do processing. .... } AUTHOR
Sreeji K. Das <sreeji_k@yahoo.com> See Archive::Zip by Ned Konz without which this module does not make any sense! Minor mods by Ned Konz. COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2002 Sreeji K. Das. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.18.2 2014-01-08 Archive::Zip::MemberRead(3)