Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Help me, please! Solaris 10 hands-off installation from a bootable DVD Post 302190259 by Przemek on Tuesday 29th of April 2008 07:35:24 AM
Old 04-29-2008
OK, I resolved this problem - I needed to modify the discovery-install script. Now the installation is fully automatic.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

iso files to make bootable dvd image

Hey all, I'm a newbie to iso files and I just downloaded the 2 iso files for *cough* ms2003 R2 *cough* trial software. After I downloaded the iso files I just dragged them to my burn software gui and sure enough it burned to dvd 2 iso files. When I attempted to boot the image using VMware... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: bdsffl
0 Replies

2. Solaris

Getting NFSv4 prompt when installing bootable DVD

Hi, I've created a bootable DVD which works fine for earlier versions of Solaris 10 (6/06) and Solaris 9. But now i've moved to Solaris 10 8/07 and I am getting the NFSv4 prompt at login. Initially i thought i could surpress this by adding the line nfs4_domain=dynamic to my... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: declanryan
0 Replies

3. AIX

How to burn a bootable DVD on aix 5.3?

I have a mksysb backup image need burn to a DVD, then it can be used to restore OS in other machine. How to do this? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rainbow_bean
5 Replies

4. Solaris

how to split solaris installation dvd to cd?

hello. i have using OpenSolaris 10. i need to split OpenSolaris 10 Dvd to CD's? how i can? thanks. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hotjava
1 Replies

5. Solaris

bootable X86 dvd and flash archives

I have created a bootable DVD for X86 using a flash archive, the problem is that I have to specify the location at the beginning of the install. I have edited the any_machine profile under ./jumpstart_sample to contain the following install_type flash_install archive_location ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: eeisken
4 Replies

6. Linux

Creating a bootable dvd/cd disk

Hi all, thanks for so many helps in many problems! Can anyone guide, how to create a bootable cd/dvd from downloaded iso images of CentOS 5? I have collected all the iso in a dvd but it is not booting the system. Any response will be appreciable... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: naw_deepak
2 Replies

7. Solaris

Burning Solaris 9 Installation ISOs to bootable CDs

Hi everyone, Im new to Solaris and am just about to install Solaris 9 on an old Sparc based machine with Solaris 8. My friend gave me the ISOs for V9, and now, i have them sitting on my Vista, and i have to start writing bootable CDs of the same. But Im not quite sure how to go about doing... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: agummad
4 Replies

8. HP-UX

Map EFI Internal Bootable DVD

Hi, I try to get hands on my new RX2600 HP Servers. For the cold installation of the HP-UX OS the mapping to the Internal Bootable DVD is gone in the EFI Shell. ON one of my two HP RX2600 Servers the entry stays there: EFI Boot Manager ver 1.10 Firmware ver 2.31 Please select a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sdohn
2 Replies

9. AIX

Using mkdvd to create bootable mksysb on dvd reports success but nothing on dvd?

Hello, Running AIX 7.1 7100-00-03-1115, trying to make a mksysb image to a dvd drive using mkdvd. My final command looks like this.. mkdvd -e -V rootvg -R -C /usr1/AIXADMIN/mkcd/cd_fs -I /usr1/AIXADMIN/mkcd/cd_images -M /usr1/AIXADMIN/mkcd/mksysbimage -d /dev/cd0 -Y When i run this... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: c3rb3rus
3 Replies