Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting written a srcipt with 2 arguments Post 302190239 by grial on Tuesday 29th of April 2008 05:06:14 AM
Old 04-29-2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by sam4now
And pls can give an explanation of the code in details

Thanks
set -A ARGS $@ defines ARGS as an array and initializes it with the script arguments.

$@ is the list of arguments itself.

FILE=${ARGS[$(expr $# - 1)]} assigns the last argument to the FILE variable. This is the way arrays are managed on ksh

$# is the number of arguments, so

expr $# -1 is the position of the last one within the array

Is this homework or something? Have a look to rule #6 on:
https://www.unix.com/unix-dummies-que...om-forums.html

My intention was to give you some hints so try first to do it for yourself, then ask the forum.

Regards.

Last edited by grial; 04-29-2008 at 06:17 AM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

File being used/written

Hello, Which command in unix can tell whether a file is being used/written by another process. e.g. If one process is copying a very big file in some directory and there is another cronjob process which checks for a new file and in this directory and process the file. I want to check, if the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sanjay92
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Operating on a file being written by another application

Hi, I have a directory that is used to store files generated by another application. Each file is huge and can take some time to produce. I am writing a shell script to check the names and dates of the files and do some functions on the ones that are not being written out. My question is, if I... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: GMMike
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Checking a file is not being written to

Hello All I am attempting to write a shell script (bourne shell script) which will copy a tar'd and compressed file from a directory to a staging area but will not know whether the file is still open for write since files are being ftp's to my site at random times during the day. Once I am... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: kanejm
14 Replies

4. Linux

check written data

I'm using growisofs to write DVD, e.g. $ growisofs -Z /dev/dvd -V "Personal Data, `date +"%b, %d %Y"`" -R -J /mnt/d/* How can I test whether data was written correctly? md5sum or so? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hitori
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

two question about expect srcipt

Hi experts, I have two question about expect script questions 1 send "tar -xjvf a.tar\r" send "ifconfig\r" I want to know if it just run "ifconfig after "tar -xjvf a.tar complete. or the two cmd run at the same time question 2 after I use the expect to ssh to the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yanglei_fage
1 Replies

6. Programming

How is a new Web Development language written ?

I'm wondering how programmers develop new Web Development languages because I want to learn how everything begins from the start. Let's say I'm planning to write a new language for the Web. How do I do this? Is there anyone who knows about the way Web Development languages first appear ? I'm asking... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Anna Hussie
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

grep with two arguments to arguments to surch for

Hello, is it possible to give grep two documents to surche for? like grep "test" /home/one.txt AND /home/two.txt ? thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Cybertron
1 Replies

8. Programming

book on linux application written with c

Just learned c language ,but I don't know where to start to write some applications under Linux ,I really appreciate it if anybody can help me find some books or sites on it. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hgdcjq
2 Replies

9. Solaris

syslog is not getting written

hi all syslog is not getting written. i am getting following two logs snmpd.log & authlog logs. please tell what are two logs snmpd.log & authlog logs. why syslog is not written. (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: nikhil kasar
16 Replies

10. Programming

Debugging a program written in two languages

Subject: Debugging a program written in two languages Platform: Linux (Kubuntu) I am trying to debug a C application with bindings to some simple functions written in Ada using the GNAT Programming Studio IDE (GPS). The main entry point is in C. The debugger is gdb. I managed to compile... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: NiGHTS
0 Replies
NPM-RUN-SCRIPT(1)														 NPM-RUN-SCRIPT(1)

NAME
npm-run-script - Run arbitrary package scripts SYNOPSIS
npm run-script <command> [--silent] [-- <args>...] alias: npm run DESCRIPTION
This runs an arbitrary command from a package's "scripts" object. If no "command" is provided, it will list the available scripts. run[-script] is used by the test, start, restart, and stop commands, but can be called directly, as well. When the scripts in the package are printed out, they're separated into lifecycle (test, start, restart) and directly-run scripts. As of ` https://blog.npmjs.org/post/98131109725/npm-2-0-0, you can use custom arguments when executing scripts. The special option -- is used by getopt https://goo.gl/KxMmtG to delimit the end of the options. npm will pass all the arguments after the -- directly to your script: npm run test -- --grep="pattern" The arguments will only be passed to the script specified after npm run and not to any pre or post script. The env script is a special built-in command that can be used to list environment variables that will be available to the script at run- time. If an "env" command is defined in your package, it will take precedence over the built-in. In addition to the shell's pre-existing PATH, npm run adds node_modules/.bin to the PATH provided to scripts. Any binaries provided by locally-installed dependencies can be used without the node_modules/.bin prefix. For example, if there is a devDependency on tap in your package, you should write: "scripts": {"test": "tap test/*.js"} instead of "scripts": {"test": "node_modules/.bin/tap test/*.js"} to run your tests. The actual shell your script is run within is platform dependent. By default, on Unix-like systems it is the /bin/sh command, on Windows it is the cmd.exe. The actual shell referred to by /bin/sh also depends on the system. As of ` https://github.com/npm/npm/releases/tag/v5.1.0 you can customize the shell with the script-shell configuration. Scripts are run from the root of the module, regardless of what your current working directory is when you call npm run. If you want your script to use different behavior based on what subdirectory you're in, you can use the INIT_CWD environment variable, which holds the full path you were in when you ran npm run. npm run sets the NODE environment variable to the node executable with which npm is executed. Also, if the --scripts-prepend-node-path is passed, the directory within which node resides is added to the PATH. If --scripts-prepend-node-path=auto is passed (which has been the default in npm v3), this is only performed when that node executable is not found in the PATH. If you try to run a script without having a node_modules directory and it fails, you will be given a warning to run npm install, just in case you've forgotten. You can use the --silent flag to prevent showing npm ERR! output on error. You can use the --if-present flag to avoid exiting with a non-zero exit code when the script is undefined. This lets you run potentially undefined scripts without breaking the execution chain. SEE ALSO
o npm help 7 scripts o npm help test o npm help start o npm help restart o npm help stop o npm help 7 config January 2019 NPM-RUN-SCRIPT(1)