Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How do I know all processes are finished? Post 302190027 by Carla on Monday 28th of April 2008 12:29:14 PM
Old 04-28-2008
I just found it that my solution works when I use goto's instead of while.
Does anyone know why that is?
Thanks.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Finding Out When A Process Has Finished?

Problem I have an application which basically runs lots of UNIX programs remotely, using the Telnet protocol. For each program it remotely executes, it stores the process ID (PID) for that process. At regular intervals, I would like my application to take the PID for every process still... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: 1cuervo
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Has my script finished?

Hi I'm writing a script which will be run by cron every X minutes. I don't want cron to run my script again if the previous one has not yet finished. When the script first runs, I had the idea to store the Process ID in a file. When cron tries to run the script again, I would check the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bab00shka
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

background job finished notification

In my last job someone gave me the command to put in my .profile that let me know when a job I had running in the background finished. It was a word about 5 char long. I can't remember it! (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nkeller
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

** Finished ** Syncid.rc

So, the script I've been working on, since I was starting to learn Shell scripting is now complete. This was coded in ksh, and I am very proud of it. What this script does, is syncs up uid's across the network. So if you have 10 servers, with 10 usernames with different UID's - this will... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: syndex
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to know a executable has finished his task

Hi frnds, I want to know is there a way by which we can know that a C++ executable has finished its job in shell script. My task is as follows: 1.Shell script calls a executable 2.Executable executes and performs its job of generating some reports. Now i want my shell script to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: electroon
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

check if file finished to copy

Hi all, I have a script that is monitoring a hot folder. This script works fine with one exception when the script is executed while a file is being copied to the hot folder. What is the easiest method to check if the copy file is completed? I'd like to get the solution in bash :) (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: gigagigosu
8 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Create log for finished processes

Hi, I'm doing a script that generate some background process like for file in `find $dir -type f -maxdepth 1 -mtime -1`; do exp="java -cp process.jar testing $file &" eval $exp echo $! #Get the PID echo $(basename $file) >> log done Is there a way to know when those... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: amondracorp
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to proceed when curl is finished

I have a script which uses cli curl to download the source code of a webpage and then tests if a specific string exists in the source. The problem is that the website has a slow response, so the eval expression hasn't completed when the test starts. The test returns a negative, and the curl... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: locoroco
8 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Wait until firefox has finished

I am running a macro script from the command line. But the script doesn't wait until the task has finished. firefox imacros://run/?m=macro_script.iim firefox imacros://run/?m=macro_script2.iim How do I get it to wait until the macro has been completed? I am using imacros, a firefox... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: locoroco
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to make sure that sub shells have finished before moving on?

Hello, I have a script that is running multiple instances of an application in parallel. # learn on f0 emergent -nogui -p $ScriptLoc/$PROJ fold_tag=f0 & sleep 5 # learn on f1 emergent -nogui -p $ScriptLoc/$PROJ fold_tag=f1 & sleep 5 # learn on f2 emergent -nogui -p... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: LMHmedchem
4 Replies
STRUCT(1)						      General Commands Manual							 STRUCT(1)

NAME
struct - structure Fortran programs SYNOPSIS
struct [ option ] ... file DESCRIPTION
Struct translates the Fortran program specified by file (standard input default) into a Ratfor program. Wherever possible, Ratfor control constructs replace the original Fortran. Statement numbers appear only where still necessary. Cosmetic changes are made, including chang- ing Hollerith strings into quoted strings and relational operators into symbols (.e.g. ".GT." into ">"). The output is appropriately indented. The following options may occur in any order. -s Input is accepted in standard format, i.e. comments are specified by a c, C, or * in column 1, and continuation lines are specified by a nonzero, nonblank character in column 6. Normally input is in the form accepted by f77(1) -i Do not turn computed goto statements into switches. (Ratfor does not turn switches back into computed goto statements.) -a Turn sequences of else ifs into a non-Ratfor switch of the form switch { case pred1: code case pred2: code case pred3: code default: code } The case predicates are tested in order; the code appropriate to only one case is executed. This generalized form of switch state- ment does not occur in Ratfor. -b Generate goto's instead of multilevel break statements. -n Generate goto's instead of multilevel next statements. -tn Make the nonzero integer n the lowest valued label in the output program (default 10). -cn Increment successive labels in the output program by the nonzero integer n (default 1). -en If n is 0 (default), place code within a loop only if it can lead to an iteration of the loop. If n is nonzero, admit a small code segments to a loop if otherwise the loop would have exits to several places including the segment, and the segment can be reached only from the loop. `Small' is close to, but not equal to, the number of statements in the code segment. Values of n under 10 are suggested. FILES
/tmp/struct* /usr/libexec/struct/* SEE ALSO
f77(1) BUGS
Struct knows Fortran 66 syntax, but not full Fortran 77. If an input Fortran program contains identifiers which are reserved words in Ratfor, the structured version of the program will not be a valid Ratfor program. The labels generated cannot go above 32767. If you get a goto without a target, try -e . 7th Edition October 22, 1996 STRUCT(1)