Sponsored Content
Operating Systems HP-UX KSH to find a ORA error in a log file Post 302189960 by Cameron on Monday 28th of April 2008 09:24:01 AM

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Shell Script --- Delete ORA error from data file

Hi All, I have to make the following changes in shell script: When the data file is being created, an “ORA” error occurs in it. I have to remove this ORA error from data file and put it in log file. I am “ -n grip command” to find the ORA error and get the line number, How do I delete it... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sk005
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to find file time using ksh

Hi , i need to extract only time for a file and i am using following code for this.. while read record1 do SQLQuery=`echo $Record1 | awk '{printf $0 }'` InputfileName=`echo $Record1 | awk '{printf $8 }'` ColumnNamesSPcomma=`echo $Record1 | awk '{printf $4 }'` filetime =`echo... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: manmeet
6 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

find tnsnames.ora in unix

Can we find out what is the location of tnsnames.ora file used by the hp unix. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sudipshib
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

ORA-01756 Error while inserting a file in CLOB field

Hi, Please guide me where i am doing wrong, i am getting ORA-01756:quoted string not properly terminated when i am trying to insert file into CLOB cloumn of Oracle DB. Please find below the code where log file variable is myLogFile. Please let me know where i am doing wrong. ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajeshorpu
0 Replies

5. Solaris

maxuprc and maxusers - ORA-27300, ORA-27301, ORA-27302

Hi all, Am intermittently getting the following errors on one of my databases. Errors in file /oracle/HRD/saptrace/background/hrd_psp0_13943.trc: ORA-27300: OS system dependent operation:fork failed with status: 12 ORA-27301: OS failure message: Not enough space ORA-27302:... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: newbie_01
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

grep all ORA errors except one ORA error

Hi - I am trying to grep all "ORA" errors in a log files.I have to grep all ORA errors except one error for example ORA-01653.How can exclude that error in "grep" command? In following "grep" command I want to exclude "ORA-01653" error grep -i ORA alert.log >>/tmp/ora_errors.txt ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mansoor8810
7 Replies

7. HP-UX

ORA-27300 error because of hp ux

Dear All, i am not able to start the 9i oracle database because of the following problems. I log in into unix and then into sqlplus export oracle_sid=SATEST startup nomount i am getting the following errors ORA-27300: OS system dependent operation:semget failed with... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: alokpattar
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

ksh - find command with 2 actions attached and error logging

Hi there, I'm encountering problems on an AIX system when using following in my script. find . -name *.edi -type f -exec sh -c 'scp {} $user@$server:$path || exit 5; mv {} $sent || exit 7' \; the error i get is following find: 0652-018 An expression term lacks a required... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kerberos
4 Replies

9. AIX

I cannot find dsn and TNSNAMES.ora on UNIX

Where can I find dsn and TNSNAMES.ora on UNIX AIX Thanks for contribution (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: digioleg54
3 Replies

10. Red Hat

Ora-27603:ora-27626:

Hi, User claim that job is running slow from their end. I DBA found in database the below errors in alert log file. ORA-27603: Cell storage I/O error, I/O failed on disk o/192.168.10.3/RECO_DM01_CD_01_drm01 at offset 13335789568 for data length 1048576 ORA-27626: Exadata error: 2201 (IO... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Maddy123
2 Replies
DOVEADM-LOG(1)							      Dovecot							    DOVEADM-LOG(1)

NAME
doveadm-log - Locate, test or reopen Dovecot's log files SYNOPSIS
doveadm [-Dv] log errors doveadm [-Dv] log find [directory] doveadm [-Dv] log reopen doveadm [-Dv] log test DESCRIPTION
The doveadm log commands are used to locate and reopen the log files of dovecot(1). It's also possible to test the configured targets of the *log_path settings. OPTIONS
Global doveadm(1) options: -D Enables verbosity and debug messages. -v Enables verbosity, including progress counter. COMMANDS
log errors doveadm log errors The log errors command is used to show the last - up to 1,000 - errors and warnings. If no output is generated, no errors have occurred since the last start. log find doveadm log find [directory] The log find command is used to show the location of the log files, to which dovecot(1) sends its log messages. If dovecot(1) logs its messages through syslogd(8) and doveadm(1) could not find any log files, you can specify the directory where your syslogd writes its log files. log reopen doveadm log reopen This command causes doveadm to reopen all log files, configured in the log_path, info_log_path and debug_log_path settings. These settings are configured in /etc/dovecot/conf.d/10-logging.conf. This is for example useful after manually rotating the log files. log test doveadm log test This command causes doveadm to write the message "This is Dovecot's priority log (timestamp)" to the configured log files. The used prior- ities are: debug, info, warning, error and fatal. EXAMPLE
This example shows how to locate the log files used by dovecot(1). doveadm log find Looking for log files from /var/log Debug: /var/log/dovecot.debug Info: /var/log/mail.log Warning: /var/log/mail.log Error: /var/log/mail.log Fatal: /var/log/mail.log REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs, including doveconf -n output, to the Dovecot Mailing List <dovecot@dovecot.org>. Information about reporting bugs is avail- able at: http://dovecot.org/bugreport.html SEE ALSO
doveadm(1) Dovecot v2.1 2012-02-22 DOVEADM-LOG(1)