Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting how can i put the condition in for loop for the below. Post 302189860 by Ygor on Monday 28th of April 2008 04:49:39 AM
Old 04-28-2008
Try...
Code:
$ echo '07:35:07 ( AB : 2319f.ab * 22) + ( AB : 2320f.ab * 22.03 ) + ( AB :2321f.ab * 22.07 ) ...... N' |\
> awk 'BEGIN{FS=":|\\(";RS=")"}{print $NF}'
 2319f.ab * 22
 2320f.ab * 22.03
2321f.ab * 22.07
 ...... N

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

What condition to be put in the while loop?

i have got a file where the env command is appended 5 times. i have to now look for the username and display it in the form of 1) PWD=/home/lee.ballancore 2) USER=lee.ballancore 3) MAIL=/var/spool/mail/lee.ballancore 4) LOGNAME=lee.ballancore 5) HOME=/home/lee.ballancore 6)... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nehaquick
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Testing For Loop condition

How do I test the return condition in the script if no files are found: for file in `Find ${LANDING_FILE_DIR}${BTIME_FILENAME_PATTERN}` do ... .. done I want to capture the return code so I can echo the error or condition. Using if ] always returns zero no matter where it's placed. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mavsman
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to put for loop in nawk

Hello All, How i can put loop in nawk. what i want is that i define a variable which contain vlaues like var='1 2 3 4 5' and then define for loop which gives vlaue to nawk one by one to varilable inside nawk and then print it. cat /omp-data/logs/5etr/081121.APX | nawk -v CDNLIST='700 701' ' ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wakhan
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to put html frames in for loop in perl?

Hi, I have to insert html frames in for loop. Here is the code. for($k=0;$k<3;$k++) { print<<HTML; <html> <head> <title> HTML Horizontal Frames </title> </head> <frameset cols="25%,75%"> <frame src="a.html"> <frame src="b.html"> </frameset> (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: vanitham
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Noob stuck - where do I put my loop

I'm a noob working on a script to take 3 user inputs. One of them is simply a variable: "poolname". The other 2 are cases: "groupa/groupb" and "enable/disable". "groupa" and "groupb" reference 2 files - groupa.txt or groupb.txt. These files simply consist of a list of server IP addresses and port... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: *nixnoob
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl XML, find matching condition and grep lines and put the lines somewhere else

Hi, my xml files looks something like this <Instance Name="New York"> <Description></Description> <Instance Name="A"> <Description></Description> <PropertyValue Key="false" Name="Building A" /> </Instance> <Instance Name="B"> ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: tententen
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

if condition in a while loop

Gurus, I need to read a line from a file and strip the characters from it and compare the stripped value with the value I pass to the script while executing it. Below is the code for the same. But when i execute the code, it is throwing an error. #!/bin/ksh . /home/.i_env ... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: svajhala
14 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Use of -z in while loop condition

Hi, Could you please tell what is the meaning of -z in while loop condition. For example, while ; do echo "*** Enter the age " readage (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vidyaj
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Put the appropriate value if reached the condition

i have a file as below: ? ? ? ? 20060101 DHR ? ? ? ? 20060101 1316 30.90 KOM ? ? ? ? 20060101 1317 7.20 DHR ? ? ? Pg ? 20060101 1316 27.32 DHR ? ? ? Sg ? 20060101 1316 30.52 ? ? ? ? 20060101 MRD ? ? ? ? 20060101 1355 46.12 SHB ? ? ? ? 20060101 1355 40.90 HSH ? ? ? Pn ?... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: oreka18
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

While Loop with if else condition

Hi, I was trying to write a shell script which reads csv file and sends mail in html format along with tables. Hope i have completed 1st part , but while sending mail i was trying to highlight some rows in the table based on the egrep outcome. If the string exists in line/INPUT, i am trying to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: varmas424
4 Replies
break(1)							   User Commands							  break(1)

NAME
break, continue - shell built-in functions to escape from or advance within a controlling while, for, foreach, or until loop SYNOPSIS
sh break [n] continue [n] csh break continue ksh *break [n] *continue [n] DESCRIPTION
sh The break utility exits from the enclosing for or while loop, if any. If n is specified, break n levels. The continue utility resumes the next iteration of the enclosing for or while loop. If n is specified, resume at the n-th enclosing loop. csh The break utility resumes execution after the end of the nearest enclosing foreach or while loop. The remaining commands on the current line are executed. This allows multilevel breaks to be written as a list of break commands, all on one line. The continue utility continues execution of the next iteration of the nearest enclosing while or foreach loop. ksh The break utility exits from the enclosed for, while, until, or select loop, if any. If n is specified, then break n levels. If n is greater than the number of enclosing loops, the outermost enclosing loop shall be exited. The continue utility resumes the next iteration of the enclosed for, while, until, or select loop. If n is specified then resume at the n- th enclosed loop. If n is greater than the number of enclosing loops, the outermost enclosing loop shall be used. On this man page, ksh(1) commands that are preceded by one or two * (asterisks) are treated specially in the following ways: 1. Variable assignment lists preceding the command remain in effect when the command completes. 2. I/O redirections are processed after variable assignments. 3. Errors cause a script that contains them to abort. 4. Words that follow a command preceded by ** that are in the format of a variable assignment are expanded with the same rules as a vari- able assignment. This means that tilde substitution is performed after the = sign, and also that word splitting and file name genera- tion are not performed. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
csh(1), exit(1), ksh(1), sh( 1), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 17 Jul 2002 break(1)