Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Mailx usage
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Mailx usage Post 302189858 by andryk on Monday 28th of April 2008 04:41:59 AM
Old 04-28-2008
Hi,
You could insert the 'headers' between each cat
Code:
echo "Server A Logs for the day" >> logfile
echo "=========================" >> logfile
cat logfile1 >> logfile
echo "Server B Logs for the day" >> logfile
echo "=========================" >> logfile
cat logfile2 >> logfile
cat logfile3 >> logfile

cat logfile | mailx -s 'Server logs for the day' xxx@xxx.com

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Monitor CPU usage and Memory Usage

how can i monitor usages of CPU, Memory, Hard disk etc. under SUN Solaries through a c program or java program i want to store that data into database so i can show it graphically thanks in advance (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gajanad Bihani
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

mailx error message : mailx: NUL changed to @

If I use the "Mail" link instead of the "mail" link to ../mailx I get this error. Mail so-n-so @whatever.com mailx: NUL changed to @ Unknown command: "postmaster" The email still goes through but i get the error. If I use "mail" it goes thru without the error. Any ideas?? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: BG_JrAdmin
2 Replies

3. Programming

CPU usage and memory usage

Please tell me solaris functions/api for getting following information 1- Function that tells how much memory used by current process 2- Function that tells how much memory used by all running processes 3- Function that tells how much CPU is used by current process 4- Function that tells how... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mansoorulhaq
1 Replies

4. HP-UX

how can I find cpu usage memory usage swap usage and logical volume usage

how can I find cpu usage memory usage swap usage and I want to know CPU usage above X% and contiue Y times and memory usage above X % and contiue Y times my final destination is monitor process logical volume usage above X % and number of Logical voluage above can I not to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: alert0919
3 Replies

5. Solaris

current CPU usage, memory usage, disk I/O oid(snmp)

Hi, I want to monitor the current cpu usage, monitor usage , disk I/o and network utlization for solaris using SNMP. I want the oids for above tasks. can you please tell me that Thank you (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: S_venkatesh
2 Replies

6. AIX

How to monitor the IBM AIX server for I/O usage,memory usage,CPU usage,network..?

How to monitor the IBM AIX server for I/O usage, memory usage, CPU usage, network usage, storage usage? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: laknar
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Mailx: How to send a attachment using mailx command

Hi All, Can anyone please provide the command for sending an mail with attachment using mailx command. Thanks in Advance :) Regards, Siram. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sriram.Vedula53
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Command to display the space usage (memory usage) of a specific directory.

Hi all, Can you please tell me the command, with which one can know the amount of space a specific directory has used. df -k . ---> Displays, the amount of space allocated, and used for a directory. du -k <dir name> - gives me the memory used of all the files inside <dir> But i... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: abhisheksunkari
2 Replies

9. HP-UX

mailx usage doubt

How to use mailx to send a mail by specifying the from: address, considering that i am the root user (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Amit Kulkarni
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Memory usage per user,percent usage,sytem time in ksh

Let's say i have 20 users logged on Server. How can I know how much memory percent used each of them is using with system time in each user? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: roy1912
2 Replies
LOGTAIL(8)							  logtail manual							LOGTAIL(8)

NAME
logtail - print log file lines that have not been read SYNOPSIS
logtail [-t] -flogfile [-ooffsetfile] DESCRIPTION
logtail reads a specified file (usually a log file) and writes to the standard output that part of it which has not been read by previous runs of logtail. It prints the appropriate number of bytes from the end of logfile, assuming that all changes that are made to it are to add new characters to it. logfile must be a plain file. A symlink is not allowed. logtail stores the information about how much of it has already been read in a separate file called offsetfile. offsetfile can be omitted. If omitted, the file named logfile.offset in the same directory which contains logfile is used by default. If offsetfile is not empty, the inode of logfile is checked. If the inode is changed, logtail simply prints the entire file. If the inode is not changed but logfile is shorter than it was at the last run of logtail, it writes a warning message to the standard output. OPTIONS
-f logfile to be read after offset -o offsetfile stores offset of previous run -t test mode - do not change offset in offsetfile RETURN VALUES
0 successful 65 cannot get the size of logfile 66 logfile does not exist, is not a plain file, or is not readable 73 cannot write offsetfile AUTHOR
The original logtail was written in C by Craig H. Rowland <crowland@psionic.com>. This version of logtail is a Perl reimplementation by Paul Slootman <paul@debian.org>. Enhanced by the Debian Logcheck Team <logcheck-devel@lists.alioth.debian.org>. This manual was written by Oohara Yuuma <oohara@libra.interq.or.jp>. SEE ALSO
logcheck(8) Debian Fri, 19 Nov 2004 LOGTAIL(8)