Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: change dns (domain name)
Operating Systems Solaris change dns (domain name) Post 302189797 by kim_custodio on Monday 28th of April 2008 12:19:22 AM
Old 04-28-2008
thanks a lot gnom!

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How do I change domain name from shell?

How do I change domain name from shell? I know how to change hostname but not domain. Please help me. Thank you, (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: lucas
3 Replies

2. IP Networking

How do I change domain name from shell?

How do I change domain name from shell? And How do I check the domain name from shell? I know how to change hostname but not domain. Please help me. Thank you, (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lucas
2 Replies

3. IP Networking

Select DNS Servers depending on the domain

Hello, I'm using CentOS 5.3, and I connect to a VPN in order to work. The problem is that I'm constantly accessing things on the local network and the remote network. But once I'm connected to the VPN I can't access local addresses by name, I have to use the ip-address. What I'd like is to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: martincastell
4 Replies

4. Linux

Configuring dns in local domain

Hi everybody, for revolving local host name of my network, I set up an dns server to solve my problem, but til now, nothing happen when I ping a hostname, but work on IP. Can you help me to correct the configuration. Here is all my settings: Voici mes fichiers de configuration: -... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: beloge2002
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

useradd I want to change domain

Good morning every body When I add a new user the domain is my hostname I want to change it to my local domain EXample my computer hostname is X when I create a new user Y and he logged I see X@Y and me I want to have Y@localdomain Think (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gone
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Command to flush specific domain in SunOS 5 DNS

Hello to all, May you help saying me how to flush a specific domain in Linux SunOS5 I know the command rndc is to flush DNS cache, but I would like to know: 1- How to do a flush only on specific domain 2- How to see the content of DNS Resolver cache (similar to info given by IPCONFIG... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ophiuchus
2 Replies

7. Linux

Domain registrars & DNS servers

I have read many tutorials on bind and i understand the A,MX, CNAME records. Internally, on a LAN we can install bind and create all these records and we can tell all PC and servers to use this bind as DNS server.that's fine. On the Internet, when we have purchased a valid domain like... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: coolatt
5 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Changing hosting company for one domain, how to deal with DNS?

Hello, Our organization is planning to move one domain from Dreamhost to Hubspot. Lets say, it is gem.xyxyxyxyx.com. Please note, website is not being migrated from one server to another, it is just hosting company. Here is from our internal DNS master server - # cat... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaris_1977
6 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Linux is not appending domain name in DNS query

In my /etc/resolv.conf file there is domain name defined. But when I do nslookup the domain name is not appended. Why? (18 Replies)
Discussion started by: broy32000
18 Replies
NDB(8)							      System Manager's Manual							    NDB(8)

NAME
query, mkhash, mkdb, cs, csquery, dns, dnsquery - network database SYNOPSIS
ndb/query attr value [ rattr ] ndb/mkhash file attr ndb/cs [ -n ] [ -f dbfile ] ndb/csquery ndb/dns [ -s ] [ -f dbfile ] ndb/dnsquery ndb/mkdb DESCRIPTION
The network database holds administrative information used by network programs such as bootp(8), ipconfig(8), con(1), etc. Ndb/query searches the database for an attribute of type attr and value value. If rattr is not specified, all entries matched by the search are returned. If rattr is specified, the value of the first pair with attribute rattr of all the matched entries is returned. Ndb/mkhash creates a hash file for all entries with attribute attr in database file file. The hash files are used by ndb/query and by the ndb library routines. Ndb/cs is a server used by dial(2) to translate network names. Option -f supplies the name of the data base file to use, default /lib/ndb/local. It is started at boot time. It finds out what networks are configured by looking for /net/*/clone when it starts. It can also be told about networks by writing to /net/cs a message of the form: add net1 net2 ... Ndb/cs also sets the system name in /dev/sysname if it can figure it out. Option -n causes cs to do nothing but set the system name. Ndb/csquery can be used to query ndb/cs to see how it resolves addresses. Ndb/csquery prompts for addresses and prints out what ndb/cs returns. Ndb/dns is a server used by ndb/cs and by remote systems to translate Internet domain names. Ndb/dns is started at boot time. By default dns serves only requests written to /net/dns. Option -s causes the server to also answer domain requests sent to UDP port 53. Name reso- lution is performed by searching the local database and by querying remote servers. The server for a domain is indicated by a database entry containing both a dom and a ns attribute. For example, the entry for the Internet root is: dom= ns=ns.nic.ddn.mil ns=kava.nisc.sri.com ns=aos.brl.mil The root of a domain subtree served by the local database is indicated by an entry with an soa attribute. For example, the AT&T research domain is: dom=research.att.com soa mb=ches.research.att.com ns=inet.research.att.com ns=research.research.att.com Here, the mb entry is the mail address of the person responsible for the domain (default postmaster). Wild-carded domain names can also be used. For example, to specify a mail forwarder for all AT&T research systems: dom=*.research.att.com mx=research.att.com Ndb/dnsquery can be used to query ndb/dns to see how it resolves requests. Ndb/dnsquery prompts for commands of the form domain-name request-type where request-type can be ip, mx, ns, cname, ptr.... In the case of the inverse query type, ptr, dnsquery will reverse the ip address and tack on the .in-addr.arpa for you. Ndb/mkdb is used in concert with awk(1) scripts to convert uucp systems files, IP host files, and Datakit configuration files into database files. It is very specific to the situation at Murray Hill. When the database files change underfoot, ndb/cs and ndb/dns track them properly. Nonetheless, to keep the database searches efficient it is necessary to run ndb/mkhash whenever the files are modified. It may be profitable to control this by a frequent cron(8) job. EXAMPLES
% ndb/query sys helix sys=helix dom=helix.research.att.com bootf=/mips/9powerboot ip=135.104.117.31 ether=080069020427 dk=nj/astro/helix proto=il % ndb/query sys helix ip 135.104.117.31 % ndb/dnsquery > 9net.research.att.com ip 9net.research.att.com ip 192.20.225.252 > 192.20.225.252 ptr 252.225.20.192.in-addr.arpa ptr 9net.research.att.com > FILES
/lib/ndb/local first database file searched /lib/ndb/local.* hash files for /lib/ndb/local /srv/cs service file for ndb/cs /net/cs where /srv/cs gets mounted /srv/dns service file for ndb/dns /net/dns where /srv/dns gets mounted SOURCE
/sys/src/cmd/ndb SEE ALSO
ndb(2) ndb(6) NDB(8)