Sponsored Content
Special Forums News, Links, Events and Announcements Software Releases - RSS News pgintcl 3.0.2 (Default branch) Post 302189747 by Linux Bot on Sunday 27th of April 2008 04:30:09 PM
Old 04-27-2008
pgintcl 3.0.2 (Default branch)

pgintcl is a pure Tcl interface to the PostgreSQL database system. It provides an alternative to pgtcl and pgtcl-ng but does not require a compiled Tcl extension (libpgtcl) or PostgreSQL client library (libpq). This allows developers to create Tcl utilities and applications that are platform neutral. Trade-offs are slower performance and PostgreSQL protocol version dependency. License: BSD License (revised) Changes:
This release contains one bugfix for pg_exec_prepared. This no longer fails when a query parameter includes non-ASCII characters.Image

More...

Alzabo::Driver::PostgreSQL(3pm) 			User Contributed Perl Documentation			   Alzabo::Driver::PostgreSQL(3pm)

NAME
Alzabo::Driver::PostgreSQL - PostgreSQL specific Alzabo driver subclass SYNOPSIS
use Alzabo::Driver::PostgreSQL; DESCRIPTION
This provides some PostgreSQL specific implementations for the virtual methods in Alzabo::Driver. METHODS
connect, create_database, drop_database Besides the parameters listed in the Alzabo::Driver docs, the following parameters are accepted: * options * tty schemas This method accepts the same parameters as the "connect()" method. get_last_id Returns the last id created for a sequenced column. identifier_length Returns the maximum identifier length allowed by the database. This is really a guess based on the server version, since the actual value is set when the server is compiled. BUGS
In testing, I found that there were some problems using Postgres in a situation where you start the app, connect to the database, get some data, fork, reconnect, and and then get more data. I suspect that this has more to do with the DBD::Pg driver and/or Postgres itself than Alzabo. I don't believe this would be a problem with an app which forks before ever connecting to the database (such as mod_perl). AUTHOR
Dave Rolsky, <autarch@urth.org> perl v5.8.8 2007-12-23 Alzabo::Driver::PostgreSQL(3pm)