Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Which Linux dist?
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Which Linux dist? Post 302189705 by sad_angle on Sunday 27th of April 2008 01:27:53 PM
Old 04-27-2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by seroppi
1. Is this the right approach?
Yes. Bulls eye.

Quote:
2. What version of Linux should I install?
Red Hat, the one that you have at work, the same version. You are doing work related activities.

Quote:
3. Will the compiled code from the spare PC be compatible when I bring it back?
Yes. Just make sure it is the same version of Linux. Just to save you some time later.

Quote:
Note: I only need to do this once as a proof of concept then other professionals can get involved and sort the whole thing out.
Dream on.

In real life; you start the race, you finish it. If you don't, you lose the race.

It will be your baby, and you're going to be the Papa, the Mama, the baby sitter, the babtising pastor, and the God father.

Good luck.

3 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

suPHP stopped working after dist-upgrade

Hi all, My server was Debian Etch (4) and had a working suPHP module (version 0.6.2-1). After I dist-upgraded it to Lenny (Debian 5), suPHP (version 0.6.2-3) stopped working. I read in the mailing list that I should change the settings of /etc/suphp/suphp.conf to this form: ;Handler... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mjdousti
1 Replies

2. Linux

Secondary linux dist WITHIN primary one

Hi New here so forgive my ignorance and inability to express myself in an informative manner ;) I have a Fedora distribution installed on my development computer. The system we build is meant to run on a slackware dist which is all fine and well. But due to our flow of deployment I would have... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: inquam
2 Replies

3. Programming

FORTRAN: Getting Consecutive DIST Values

I have this code and I want to get the first two consecutive distances (obtained by calling GET_TH(IT, 'DIST', DIST) at index IT, the result stored in DIST) for which (ITFLG(IT) .NE. 1). L_FIRST get the first DIST for which ITFLG(IT) .NE. 1. Getting a bit confused on how to achieve this. ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: kristinu
0 Replies
vino-server(1)							   User Commands						    vino-server(1)

NAME
vino-server - remote desktop server SYNOPSIS
vino-server DESCRIPTION
vino-server is a remote desktop server based on VNC protocol. vino-server provides remote desktop takeover and remote desktop view func- tions. vino-server allows multiple client to access a GNOME desktop session remotely. It is based on the VNC technology. vino-server pro- vides service at port 5800. Each desktop has a vino server which disabled by default and a Java client application which is made available to a client via a web browser (via port 5900 of the server machine is the service is enabled by the user). FILES
The following files are used by this application: /usr/lib/vino-server The executable file for the vino server application. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWgnome-remote-desktop | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface stability |Volatile | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
vino-passwd(1), vino-preferences(1), attributes(5) NOTES
Written by Steven Zhang, Sun Microsystems Inc., 2006. Updated by Halton Huo, Sun Microsystems Inc., 2008. SunOS 5.11 15 Aug 2008 vino-server(1)