Sponsored Content
Operating Systems OS X (Apple) Address family not supported by protocol family Post 302189688 by era on Sunday 27th of April 2008 10:15:22 AM
Old 04-27-2008
Google suggests Ettercap :: View topic - ettercap & MacOS X (10.2.6) not finding other machines..

Quote:
What you are experiencing is the standard 10.2.x problem.
Apple have screwed up their BPF (Berkeley Packet Filter) implementation.

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

help me understand exec() family of calls...

how does exec() do it? on successful call of exec() family of functions, they never return... how to i emulate that. assume the standard example, execl("/bin/ls","ls",NULL); now this would never return. i m trying to emulate exec()'s never to return feature... #include<unistd.h>... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: c_d
4 Replies

2. Solaris

Out of family NDU causing servers to hang

Had to reboot over 30 servers out of 70 or so during out of family code load. Still searching but may all have VxVM 3.5 in common. Our last window had similar outcome but on HPUX. I think it has to do with time outs and volume manager is offlining the devices. This just started happening. Anyone... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: GaryP
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Family tree illustrated

hello is there a family tree, or words that would illustrate the family tree of, Unix -> Linux As i would understand Unix, it is a OS. And Linux is a ?, is Linux a OS or a sub structure inside of the Unix OS ?. Have you ever seen one of those family tree`s where ma and pa are shown at... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cowLips
3 Replies

4. Programming

Working of exec family of functions

Hi, I am studying exec family of functions.Its man page says,it replaces the current process image with a new process image. If it replaces the binary,then after returning back,how does it get the previous parameters of the process which called exec?As replacing process image means replacing all... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Radha.Krishna
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Working of exec family of functions

Hi, I am studying exec family of functions.Its man page says,it replaces the current process image with a new process image. If it replaces the binary,then after returning back,how does it get the previous parameters of the process which called exec?As replacing process image means replacing... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Radha.Krishna
5 Replies

6. AIX

Determine power family of p system from the model #.

Folks, Again a very silly question :D Could someone tell me, how to determine the power family(540, 520, 575, 595 etc) just by looking into the model # info from prtconf/lsconf o/p of the lpar? I dont want run a search on any search engine to find out the power family or hit IBM website to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: thisissouvik
3 Replies

7. Programming

Simple shell running with exec family

# Erroneous question, so can be removed. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: beginnerboy
0 Replies
Net::Write::Layer3(3pm) 				User Contributed Perl Documentation				   Net::Write::Layer3(3pm)

NAME
Net::Write::Layer3 - object for a network layer (layer 3) descriptor SYNOPSIS
use Net::Write::Layer qw(:constants); use Net::Write::Layer3; my $desc = Net::Write::Layer3->new( dst => '192.168.0.1', protocol => NW_IPPROTO_RAW, family => NW_AF_INET, ); $desc->open; $desc->send('G'x666); $desc->close; DESCRIPTION
This is the class for creating a layer 3 descriptor. ATTRIBUTES
dst The target IPv4 or IPv6 address we will send frames to. family Address family, see Net::Write::Layer CONSTANTS section. protocol Transport layer protocol to use, see Net::Write::Layer CONSTANTS section. METHODS
new Object constructor. You MUST pass a valid dst attribute. Default values: protocol: NW_IPPROTO_RAW family: NW_AF_INET open Open the interface. send (scalar) Send raw data to the network. close Close the descriptor. CAVEATS
Sending IPv6 frames does not work under BSD systems. They can't do IP_HDRINCL for IPv6. For now, only Linux supports this (at least, with a 2.6.x kernel). Does not work at all under Win32 systems. They can't send frames at layer 3 (or I don't know how to do that). SEE ALSO
Net::Write::Layer AUTHOR
Patrice <GomoR> Auffret COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE
Copyright (c) 2006-2009, Patrice <GomoR> Auffret You may distribute this module under the terms of the Artistic license. See LICENSE.Artistic file in the source distribution archive. perl v5.10.1 2009-06-10 Net::Write::Layer3(3pm)