Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: awk to output cmd result
Operating Systems HP-UX awk to output cmd result Post 302189674 by era on Sunday 27th of April 2008 08:56:31 AM
Old 04-27-2008
Avoiding that was kind of the point. Try to find an awk which is new enough to do the first.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX and Linux Applications

How to get a result of a cmd into variable?

Hi , I am trying following . I need to get a result of an autosys cmd into a unix variable. The autosys cmd is autostatus -G jpm_day_today Please help me in storing the value returned by this cmd into a unix variable. Appreciate your time to read this post. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: manchau
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

ksh: cmd output to input of another script

I want to write a script in KSH that takes the output of one command and redisplays it. Something like: while true do read inpt date +"%I:%M:%S %p <-> $inpt" done and then some how get the output of the ping command to redirect to the input of this script. does that make sense? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: IMTheNachoMan
2 Replies

3. Programming

Storing the output of a Unix cmd in my C program

Hello experts, How can I retrieve the output from a Unix command and use it as string variable in my C program? For example, when I issue the command 'date' I get: Tue Jun 11 09:54:16 EEST 2009 I do not want to redirect the output of the command to a file and then open the file from... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Goseib
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Capturing awk's system(cmd) output

Hi everybody, I am working on a bigger awk script in which one part is comparing the size of two files. I want to evaluate which file is bigger and then just save the bigger one. I got it all working except for the part where I want to figure out which file is bigger; the one awk is currently... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: iMeal
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed command works from cmd line to standard output but will not write to file

Hi all .... vexing problem here ... I am using sed to replace some special characters in a .txt file: sed -e 's/_<ED>_/_355_/g;s/_<F3>_/_363_/g;s/_<E1>_/_341_/g' filename.txt This command replaces <ED> with í , <F3> with ó and <E1> with á. When I run the command to standard output, it works... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: crumplecrap
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

set output of linux cmd as a variable in .exp

I am trying to make a script to take commands from a .txt file ( line by line) and pass it using send ( used in another function ) what i am trying to achieve is : set nol "`grep '' ${exp_path2}/cmdlist.txt | wc -l `" as in shell script nol=`grep '' $exp_path2/cmdlist.txt | wc -l` ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: dixyantar
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem assigning cmd output to variable then using in IF statement

Hi, I'm using the bourn shell on a Sun Solaris Unix system. I am relatively new to UNIX scripting so please bear with me... I'm having a couple issues: 1) I need to have a variable $FSIZE set with the output of a command each time the script runs. (the command looks for a file and... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: dqrgk0
8 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Selecting awk output depending on grep result

Hi, I don't script often enough to know how to do this, and I can't seem to find a right example online. I have a csv output from an old, old system (Win2K???), from which I want to extract only certain fields. Initially I came up with something like this: cat file1 | awk -F '"' '{print $8... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: takada
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Different cmd to execute and based on some pattern parse it and then store result in xlx format

Hi I have a different requirement, I need to run some application on my device from a file app_name.txt one by one which is like this: /usr/apps/email /usr/apps/message /usr/apps/settings after each app while it is running I need to execute again one cmd like ps -ef |grep... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sanjeev Roy
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Use bash command on awk field and output the result

Hello, I want to run a field from an awk command through a command in bash. For example my input file is 1,2,3 20,30,40 60,70,80 I want tot run $2 thought the command date +%d/%m/%y -d"01/01/15 + $2 days -1 day" and get the output 1,02/01/15,3 20,30/01/15,40 60,11/03/15,80 ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: garethsays
2 Replies
COLORMGR(1)															       COLORMGR(1)

NAME
colormgr - Color Manager Testing Tool SYNOPSIS
colormgr [ --verbose ] DESCRIPTION
This manual page documents briefly the colormgr command. colormgr allows an administrator to view and change color profile to device mappings. OPTIONS
This program follows the usual GNU command line syntax, with long options starting with two dashes (`-'). A summary of options is included below. --help Show summary of options. COMMANDS
This program takes commands with a variable number of arguments. create-device Creates a color managed device create-profile Create a color profile delete-device Deletes a color managed device delete-profile Deletes a color profile device-add-profile Add a profile to a device that already exists device-get-default-profile Gets the default color profile for a device device-get-profile-for-qualifier Returns all the profiles that match a given qualifier device-make-profile-default Makes a profile default for a specific device device-set-kind Sets the device kind device-set-model Sets the device model device-set-serial Sets the device serial device-set-vendor Sets the device vendor find-device Find a device from the device ID find-device-by-property Find a device with a given property value find-profile Find a profile from the profile ID find-profile-by-filename Find a profile from the filename get-devices Gets all the color managed devices get-devices-by-kind Gets all the color managed devices of a specific kind get-profiles Gets all the available color profiles profile-set-filename Sets the profile filename profile-set-qualifier Sets the profile qualifier AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Richard Hughes <richard@hughsie.com>. 20 December,2008 COLORMGR(1)