Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting ksh: cmd output to input of another script Post 302189609 by IMTheNachoMan on Saturday 26th of April 2008 07:27:38 PM
Old 04-26-2008
ksh: cmd output to input of another script

I want to write a script in KSH that takes the output of one command and redisplays it. Something like:

Code:
while true
do
	read inpt
	date +"%I:%M:%S %p <-> $inpt"
done

and then some how get the output of the ping command to redirect to the input of this script.

does that make sense?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script Menus - Rejecting invalid input (KSH)

Greetings all, I'm currently writing a shell script menu which is dynamically populated from an array. Have a question to ask about the filtering of invalid input. I'm using KSH. A brief description of my algorithm is as follows: 1) Read in input from user and store in a variable. (a valid... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rockysfr
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

KSH script to run other ksh scripts and output it to a file and/or email

Hi I am new to this Scripting process and would like to know How can i write a ksh script that will call other ksh scripts and write the output to a file and/or email. For example ------- Script ABC ------- a.ksh b.ksh c.ksh I need to call all three scripts execute them and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pacifican
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

-exec cmd in ksh script

Hi, I discovered the following single-line script works very well to cp a large number of files from a source directory to a destination directory while avoiding the "argument list too large" error: # cpmany - copy large number of files # Takes two parameters - source dir, destination dir... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tanuka
14 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unzip the input file using shell script (ksh)

Hi, I need help in unziping input file through shell script. I had written script, which checks for input file extention. If Extension is "zip" or "gz", then I want to do unzip/uncompress that file. Caould you please let me know that, How to unzip a file through shell script (ksh). Thanks... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: Poonamol
16 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

input URL into cmd with a alias

I want to run wget "URL" -SO /dev/null 2>&1 | grep "HTTP/\\|Age:\\|Last-Modified:" but I want a alias so I can just type mywget and the URL and it will put the url in the right place and give me the output that I want without having to type that over and over again.:wall: I am newbie to all... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: splitradius
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

run cmd based on input

Hi, This is what I have so far but it seems like a lot more than is necessary because....for example...user presses 2 or 3 ..... the script does the *same* thing it just depends on the directory it has to access....how can I improve this so that the code from 2 and 3 is only put once...? ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: holyearth
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Enter an input and reference another line in ksh script

Hi I have a file like so: Code: Frank Peter Tony Robert Mike 1 2 3 4 5 5 4 2 3 1 4 3 1 5 2 My out should look like this: Peter Tony Mike and so on.... I have the first part done to ask the user to... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: bombcan1
8 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Help with ksh script to list, then cp files from a user input date range

Hi, I'm quite new to ksh scripting, can someone help me with this. Requirements: I need to create a script that list the files from a user input date range. e. g. format of file: *c1*log.2012-12-22-14-00* *c1*log.2012-12-22-14-00* *c1*log.2012-12-22-14-00*... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chococrunch6
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

ksh using input file with output going to same file name and location

I've been asked if I can write a "quick" little ksh script that will do the following: java java_class_file /dir/input_file.xml /dir/output_file.xml I'm a complete newbie with ksh so any help would be appreciated. This is on AIX and java is found in /usr/java5/jre/bin/java (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie_ksh
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

ksh - Read input from file and output CSV i same row

Hello I have the following output and want the output to look: FROM: GigabitEthernet0/0 is up, line protocol is up 1 input errors, 0 CRC, 0 frame, 1 overrun, 0 ignored 275 output errors, 0 collisions, 3 interface resets GigabitEthernet0/1 is up, line protocol is up 0... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: JayJay2018
4 Replies
asadmin-ping-connection-pool(1AS)				   User Commands				 asadmin-ping-connection-pool(1AS)

NAME
asadmin-ping-connection-pool, ping-connection-pool - tests that a connection pool is usable SYNOPSIS
ping-connection-pool --user admin_user [--password admin_password] [--host localhost] [--port 4848] [--secure|-s] [--passwordfile filename] [--terse=false] [--echo=false] [--interactive=true] pool_name Tests that a connection pool is usable for both JDBC connection pools and connector connection pools. For example, if you create a new JDBC connection pool for use with an application that is expected to be deployed, before deploying the application, the previously created pool is tested with this command. This command is supported in remote mode only. OPTIONS
--user authorized domain application server administrative username. --password password to administer the domain application server. --host machine name where the domain application server is running. --port port number of the domain application server listening for administration requests. --secure if true, uses SSL/TLS to communicate with the domain application server. --passwordfile file containing the domain application server password. --terse indicates that any output data must be very concise, typically avoiding human-friendly sentences and favoring well- formatted data for consumption by a script. Default is false. --echo setting to true will echo the command line statement on the standard output. Default is false. --interactive if set to true (default), only the required password options are prompted. OPERANDS
poolname name of the connection pool to be tested. Example 1: Using ping-connection-pool Before you can ping a connection pool, you must: o Create a connection pool with authentication. o Make sure the Enterprise Information Server (can be the database) is started. asadmin> ping-connection-pool --user admin1 --password adminadmin1 --host pigeon --port 5001 sampleConnectionPool Command ping-connection-pool executed successfully EXIT STATUS
0 command executed successfully 1 error in executing the command asadmin-create-connector-connection-pool(1AS), asadmin-delete-connector-connection-pool(1AS), asadmin-list-connector-connection-pool(1AS), asadmin-create-jdbc-connection-pool(1AS), asadmin-delete--jdbc-connection-pool(1AS)asadmin- list--jdbc-connection-pools(1AS) J2EE 1.4 SDK March 2004 asadmin-ping-connection-pool(1AS)