Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: how to check missing files?
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting how to check missing files? Post 302189573 by era on Saturday 26th of April 2008 02:02:57 PM
Old 04-26-2008
Proper fanatics would perhaps prefer

Code:
for n in $(seq 50); do [ -e statistics.$n ] || echo statistics.$n is missing; done

seq is not universal, that's why I started out with Perl; but if you have it, it's excellent for this type of job.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

files missing

a few of some live payroll files have been deleted / missing ... i've restored last nites backup ... what could be the possibilities of this strange occurance ... users have menus to work on and use these live files ... we run an aix box with a ksh shell. Where do I start ?? Thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: cubicle^dweller
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check for files and log report if missing

Hi, I need a shell program that will prompt the user to input a dept name to the script. The script should then check a specific directory called ‘report' in the home directory of each member of that dept. If the report directory does not exist, or there are no contents in the directory,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: johnnyvlme
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

check if multiple directories exist else create missing directories

Hi , I 'm trying to check if multiple directories exist on a server, if not create the missing ones and print " creating missing directory. how to write this in a simple script, I have made my code complex if ; then taskStatus="Schema extract directory exists, checking if SQL,Count and... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ramky79
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare 2 folders to find several missing files among huge amounts of files.

Hi, all: I've got two folders, say, "folder1" and "folder2". Under each, there are thousands of files. It's quite obvious that there are some files missing in each. I just would like to find them. I believe this can be done by "diff" command. However, if I change the above question a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jiapei100
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl code to check date and check files in particular dir

Hi Experts, I am checking how to get day in Perl. If it is “Monday” I need to process…below is the pseudo code. Can you please prove the code for below condition. if (today=="Monday" ) { while (current_time LESS THAN 9:01 AM) ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ajaypatil_am
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to take the missing files

Hi all , am using unix ksh I have a lots of files in /prb directory in the format as .. .. .. .. MMRR0607.DAT_2012 MMRR0707.DAT_2012 MMRR0907.DAT_2012 MMRR1107.DAT_2012 ... .. MMRR3107.DAT_2012 MMRR0208.DAT_2012 .. I need the output as Missing files are:- MMRR0807.DAT_2012 (note... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Venkatesh1
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to check missing sequence?

I want to listed files every hours and check the missing sequence my file format is CV.020220131430.txt CV.020220131440.txt CV.020220131450.txt CV.ddmmyyhhm.txt how to check if i have missing files in sequence .. thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: before4
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

To check the missing file based on sequence number.

Hi All, I have a requirement that i need to list only the missing sequences with a unix script. For Example: Input: FILE_001.txt FILE_002.txt FILE_005.txt FILE_006.txt FILE_008.txt FILE_009.txt FILE_010.txt FILE_014.txt Output: FILE_003.txt FILE_004.txt FILE_007.txt FILE_011.txt... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Arun1992
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check/print missing number in a consecutive range and remove duplicate numbers

Hi, In an ideal scenario, I will have a listing of db transaction log that gets copied to a DR site and if I have them all, they will be numbered consecutively like below. 1_79811_01234567.arc 1_79812_01234567.arc 1_79813_01234567.arc 1_79814_01234567.arc 1_79815_01234567.arc... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie_01
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash to check directory and create missing folder from file

In the below bash I am trying to ensure that all folders (represented by $folders) in a given directory are created. In the file f1 the trimmed folder will be there somewhere (will be multiple trimmed folders). When that trimmed folder is found (represented by $S5) the the contents of $2 printed... (19 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
19 Replies
PEGASUS-STATISTICS(1)													     PEGASUS-STATISTICS(1)

NAME
pegasus-statistics - A tool to generate statistics about the workflow run. SYNOPSIS
pegasus-statistics [-h|--help] [-o|--output dir] [-c|--conf propfile] [-p|--statistics-level level] [-t|--time-filter filter] [-i|--ignore-db-inconsistency] [-v|--verbose] [-q|--quiet] [submitdir] DESCRIPTION
pegasus-statistics generates statistics about the workflow run like total jobs/tasks/sub workflows ran , how many succeeded/failed etc. It generates job instance statistics like run time, condor queue delay etc. It generates invocation statistics information grouped by transformation name. It also generates job instance and invocation statistics information grouped by time and host. OPTIONS
-h, --help Prints a usage summary with all the available command-line options. -o dir, --output dir Writes the output to the given directory. -c propfile, --conf propfile The properties file to use. This option overrides all other property files. -s level, --statistics-level level Specifies the statistics information to generate. Valid levels are: all, summary, wf_stats, jb_stats, tf_stats, and ti_stats. Default is summary. The output generated by pegasus-statistics is based on the the level set: o all: generates all the statistics information. o summary: generates the workflow statistics summary. In the case of a hierarchical workflow the summary is across all sub workflows. o wf_stats: generates the workflow statistics information of each individual workflow. In case of a hierarchical workflow the workflow statistics are created for each sub workflow. o jb_stats: generates the job statistics information of each individual workflow. In case of hierarchical workflow the job statistics is created for each sub workflows. o tf_stats: generates the invocation statistics information of each individual workflow grouped by transformation name .In case of hierarchical workflow the transformation statistics is created for each sub workflows. o ti_stats: generates the job instance and invocation statistics like total count and runtime grouped by time and host. -t filter, --time-filter filter Specifies the time filter to group the time statistics. Valid filter values are: month, week, day, hour. Default is day. -i, --ignore-db-inconsistency Turn off the the check for database consistency. -v, --verbose Increases the log level. If omitted, the default level will be set to WARNING. When this option is given, the log level is changed to INFO. If this option is repeated, the log level will be changed to DEBUG. -q, --quiet Decreases the log level. If omitted, the default level will be set to WARNING. When this option is given, the log level is changed to ERROR. EXAMPLE
Runs pegasus-statistics and writes the output to the given directory: $ pegasus-statistics -o /scratch/statistics /scratch/grid-setup/run0001 AUTHORS
Prasanth Thomas Pegasus Team http://pegasus.isi.edu 05/24/2012 PEGASUS-STATISTICS(1)