Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Host ID of v880
Operating Systems Solaris Host ID of v880 Post 302189520 by Charagh on Saturday 26th of April 2008 04:49:48 AM
Old 04-26-2008
IDProm of V880

Hello sparcguy & reborg,
Thanks for ur valuable comments,
while searching on net I found that this IDProm is located on IO board of v880. So now my question is
If host ID is programmed in IDProm and this IDProm is located on I/O Board, then should host ID change with change of Motherboard (P/N 501-4300)??
What you experts say on this point?

I found the above info on following sun page
Sun Fire V880 - Full Components List

Thanks in advance...

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

QNX host cannot ping SCO host, vice versa

The problem I am facing now is that the QNX host could not ping the SCO host and vice versa. They are in the same domain, ie, 172.20.3.xx. As I am very new to Unix, I guess I must have missed out some important steps. Pls help... Thanx alot (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gavon
2 Replies

2. Solaris

KVM for V880's

We have 3 V880's and we need to purchase a KVM for them. I've never purchased one before. Does anyone have a recommendation for one? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dangral
3 Replies

3. Solaris

Sun V880

I have two mechine, one is SUN V880 and another is IBM p570. I run the same script on V880 and p570 , why the cpu usage always under 50% on V880 but the cpu usage can growth to 100% on p570. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: golden
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

V890 Benefits over V880

Hello, Need to know all benefits\differences for V890 over V880. We are really keen to know about this. Can anybody please take out some time and get us the information. Regards, Narinder (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: narinderd
4 Replies

5. Solaris

How to delete the files from local host to remote host

Hi all, i am copying .gz files from production server to development server using "scp" command.my requirement is after copying .gz files i want to delete old .gz files(two days back) in development server from production server. like this way i need to delelte .log ,.z and .dmp files... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: krishna176
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

running commands to remote host from centralized host

Gurus/Experts We have a centralized UNIX/Solaris server from where we can actually ssh to all other UNIX/Solaris servers...I need to write a script that reside on this centerlized server and do FileSystem monitoring (basically run df -h or -k) of other remote servers and then send an email to me... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: anjum.suri
6 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Help! How to find the local host after few ssh hops to remote host???

I do a ssh to remote host(A1) from local host(L1). I then ssh to another remote(A2) from A1. When I do a who -m from A2, I see the "connected from" as "A1". => who -m userid pts/2 2010-03-27 08:47 (A1) I want to identify who is the local host who initiated the connection to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gomes1333
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Transfer large number of files host to host

Hello.... I have two servers, one has an empty / and the other has a subdirectory with a large number (4 gig) with many, many files. I need a way to transfer the files en masse from the server with the large number of files to the one that is essentially blank. I don't have space on the used... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: blaine.miller
16 Replies

9. Solaris

Need to recover/move diskgroup from failed host to another host

Hi All I am having VxVm on two Solaris hosts. host1 is using disk group dgHR. right now this server went down due to hardware fault. Not I need to import this dgHR into host2 server. Please let me know the procedure for the same. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: amity
1 Replies

10. Hardware

Sunfire V880

Hi Does someone have the latest firmware for a sunfire v880 I have a problem with the FC-AL disk i guess i need to upgrade the firmware but i dont have a support with oracle and i can't find it anywhere thank you (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: simplextibi
4 Replies
pacparser_just_find_proxy(3)				     Library Functions Manual				      pacparser_just_find_proxy(3)

NAME
pacparser_just_find_proxy - Finds proxy for a given PAC file, url and host. SYNOPSIS
#include <pacparser.h> char *pacparser_just_find_proxy ( const char *pacfile, const char *url, const char *host ); PARAMETERS
const char *pacfile PAC file. const char *url URL to find proxy for. const char *host Host part of the URL. DESCRIPTION
This function is a wrapper around functions pacparser_init, pacparser_parse_pac_file, pacparser_find_proxy and pacparser_cleanup. If you just want to find out proxy a given set of pac file, url and host, this is the function to call. This function takes care of all the ini- tialization and cleanup. RETURNS
Proxy string on success and NULL on error. SEE ALSO
pacparser_version(3), pacparser_init(3), pacparser_parse_pac_file(3), pacparser_parse_pac_string(3), pacparser_parse_pac(3), pac- parser_find_proxy(3), pacparser_cleanup(3), pacparser_setmyip(3), pacparser_enable_microsoft_extensions(3) c2man pacparser.h 14 March 2011 pacparser_just_find_proxy(3)