Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting A script pls( To retrieve database information) Post 302189517 by DukeNuke2 on Saturday 26th of April 2008 04:35:48 AM
Old 04-26-2008
this smells like homework.... please read the rules!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

SunWS_cache: Information: Database is locked, waiting

While compiling a set of proC code I am getting the following error. Any clues why this error is coming and is it related to my Oracle DB/Verison Software DB or compile time generated information? Thanks Rishi (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: RishiPahuja
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

pls help me !! about text database shell programming

my teacher assigned me an assignment about text database shell programming but I don't know anything about that. here is about problem. I must submit this assignment to my teacher before 3 August. contact me at **deleted**, thank you Given a text database file for student registration name... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sunattha
2 Replies

3. Solaris

command to retrieve user information

Hi, I want the command to retrieve the existing user information such as * authorization * Profile * role * exipre(expiration date of login) * inactive please tell me how to do that Thank you. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: S_venkatesh
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Storing information into a database.

Hey guys, i am having a problem in storing new data into a text file. The database in in a text file and it displays information like this : Name : Price : Quantity Persia : 80 : 30 Now , i have written the code to check if the book already exist in the Databse. Number= echo -n... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gregarion
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Execute a C program and retrieve information

Hi I have the following script: #!/bin/sh gcc -o program program.c ./program & PID=$! where i execute a C program and i get its pid. I want to retrieve information about this program (e.g memory consumption) using command top. So far i have: top -d 1.0 -p $PID But i dont know how to... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: nteath
6 Replies

6. Programming

pls. help with SQL database...

On the Linux systems, we have scripts which monitor disk usage. I want to take that data and feed that into SQL database. Can you give some advise. For example here is one of the file. I have many files like this but the format is same... 2012-09-24 04:36:14 2012-09-24 04:36:16 48414984... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: samnyc
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Retrieve information Text/Word from HTML code using awk/sed

awk/sed newbie here. I have a HTML file and from that file and I would like to retrieve a text word. <font face=arial size=-1><li><a href=/value_for_clients/Tokyo/abc_process.txt>abc</a> NDK Version: 4.0 </li> <font face=arial size=-1><li><a... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sk2code
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Match and retrieve information from file

Hello I just want to ask how to get the match of information column 2 file 1 and retrieve information from column 2 file 2. The column exon in file 1 and column color code in file 2. File 1 //NODECOLORCODE "Exon 1" "ENST00000595813" //NODECOLORCODE "Exon 1" ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Wan Fahmi
4 Replies

9. Solaris

Solaris commands to retrieve chipset information

I need to know what are the commands in Solaris to retrieve the below information about the hardware platform. 1. Chipset information (information about various hardware controller cards on the mother boards, system BIOS versions, PCI firmware version etc..) 2. Serial number of the work... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajujayanthy
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Hide and retrieve database credentials

Hi Everyone, I am new to shell scripting and I have a requirement to fire a sql statement to Oracle database and create a out file in Unix server. This will be plugged in to Autosys as a batch job. I have the database credentials saved in a configuration file in the below format. ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pradeep_Raj
7 Replies
DIALTEST(8)						      System Manager's Manual						       DIALTEST(8)

NAME
dialtest - HylaFAX dial string processing rules test program SYNOPSIS
/usr/sbin/dialtest [ options ] dialrules DESCRIPTION
dialtest is an interactive program for the testing and development of dial string processing rules used by HylaFAX. dialtest reads the file of rules specified on the command line and then prompts for a dial string. For each string typed in, dialtest prints the result of applying the canonicalization and dial-string preparation rule sets. A rule set whose name is setname can be specified by typing ``set- name(string)''; for example, ``CanonicalName(+1.415.965.7824)''. Note that dialtest reads the rules file only when it is initially started up. This means that dialtest must be restarted for it to apply changes to a rules file. OPTIONS
-a code Use code as the value of AreaCode in the rules file. The default area code is ``415''. -c code Use code as the value of CountryCode in the rules file. The default country code is ``1''. -i prefix Use prefix as the value of InternationalPrefix in the rules file. The default international dialing prefix is ``011''. -l prefix Use prefix as the value of LongDistancePrefix in the rules file. The default long distance dialing prefix is ``1''. -q Be quiet, suppressing most all output except for the actual results. This is useful for using dialtest in an automated fashion. -v Print each input line before displaying the results of applying the dial string rules to the input string. This can be useful, for example, in shell scripts. SEE ALSO
dialrules(5) March 3, 1995 DIALTEST(8)