Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting A script pls( To retrieve database information) Post 302189472 by rollthecoin on Saturday 26th of April 2008 02:11:33 AM
Old 04-26-2008
A script pls( To retrieve database information)

KSH - Unix -AIX - db2

Get the input from the user say '123' (It varies)

Then i want to connect to a database say "D1"
then i want th extract from the database by giving "select * from tablename where input = '123'

I also want to connect to another database "D2"
then i want th extract from the database by giving "select * from tablename where input = '123'

output should be displayed on the screen as it is when i execute the select statements individually.
This is what i want to do in a script

Can you show a script for that(For eg)?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

SunWS_cache: Information: Database is locked, waiting

While compiling a set of proC code I am getting the following error. Any clues why this error is coming and is it related to my Oracle DB/Verison Software DB or compile time generated information? Thanks Rishi (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: RishiPahuja
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

pls help me !! about text database shell programming

my teacher assigned me an assignment about text database shell programming but I don't know anything about that. here is about problem. I must submit this assignment to my teacher before 3 August. contact me at **deleted**, thank you Given a text database file for student registration name... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sunattha
2 Replies

3. Solaris

command to retrieve user information

Hi, I want the command to retrieve the existing user information such as * authorization * Profile * role * exipre(expiration date of login) * inactive please tell me how to do that Thank you. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: S_venkatesh
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Storing information into a database.

Hey guys, i am having a problem in storing new data into a text file. The database in in a text file and it displays information like this : Name : Price : Quantity Persia : 80 : 30 Now , i have written the code to check if the book already exist in the Databse. Number= echo -n... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gregarion
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Execute a C program and retrieve information

Hi I have the following script: #!/bin/sh gcc -o program program.c ./program & PID=$! where i execute a C program and i get its pid. I want to retrieve information about this program (e.g memory consumption) using command top. So far i have: top -d 1.0 -p $PID But i dont know how to... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: nteath
6 Replies

6. Programming

pls. help with SQL database...

On the Linux systems, we have scripts which monitor disk usage. I want to take that data and feed that into SQL database. Can you give some advise. For example here is one of the file. I have many files like this but the format is same... 2012-09-24 04:36:14 2012-09-24 04:36:16 48414984... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: samnyc
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Retrieve information Text/Word from HTML code using awk/sed

awk/sed newbie here. I have a HTML file and from that file and I would like to retrieve a text word. <font face=arial size=-1><li><a href=/value_for_clients/Tokyo/abc_process.txt>abc</a> NDK Version: 4.0 </li> <font face=arial size=-1><li><a... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sk2code
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Match and retrieve information from file

Hello I just want to ask how to get the match of information column 2 file 1 and retrieve information from column 2 file 2. The column exon in file 1 and column color code in file 2. File 1 //NODECOLORCODE "Exon 1" "ENST00000595813" //NODECOLORCODE "Exon 1" ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Wan Fahmi
4 Replies

9. Solaris

Solaris commands to retrieve chipset information

I need to know what are the commands in Solaris to retrieve the below information about the hardware platform. 1. Chipset information (information about various hardware controller cards on the mother boards, system BIOS versions, PCI firmware version etc..) 2. Serial number of the work... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajujayanthy
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Hide and retrieve database credentials

Hi Everyone, I am new to shell scripting and I have a requirement to fire a sql statement to Oracle database and create a out file in Unix server. This will be plugged in to Autosys as a batch job. I have the database credentials saved in a configuration file in the below format. ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pradeep_Raj
7 Replies
PG_DUMPALL(1)						  PostgreSQL Client Applications					     PG_DUMPALL(1)

NAME
pg_dumpall - extract a PostgreSQL database cluster into a script file SYNOPSIS
pg_dumpall [ options... ] DESCRIPTION
pg_dumpall is a utility for writing out (``dumping'') all PostgreSQL databases of a cluster into one script file. The script file contains SQL commands that can be used as input to psql(1) to restore the databases. It does this by calling pg_dump(1) for each database in a clus- ter. pg_dumpall also dumps global objects that are common to all databases. (pg_dump does not save these objects.) This currently includes the information about database users and groups. Thus, pg_dumpall is an integrated solution for backing up your databases. But note a limitation: it cannot dump ``large objects'', since pg_dump cannot dump such objects into text files. If you have databases containing large objects, they should be dumped using one of pg_dump's non-text output modes. Since pg_dumpall reads tables from all databases you will most likely have to connect as a database superuser in order to produce a com- plete dump. Also you will need superuser privileges to execute the saved script in order to be allowed to add users and groups, and to cre- ate databases. The SQL script will be written to the standard output. Shell operators should be used to redirect it into a file. pg_dumpall might need to connect several times to the PostgreSQL server, asking for a password each time. It is convenient to have a $HOME/.pgpass file in such cases. OPTIONS
The following command-line options are used to control the output format. -c --clean Include SQL commands to clean (drop) the databases before recreating them. -d --inserts Dump data as INSERT commands (rather than COPY). This will make restoration very slow, but it makes the output more portable to other RDBMS packages. -D --column-inserts --attribute-inserts Dump data as INSERT commands with explicit column names (INSERT INTO table (column, ...) VALUES ...). This will make restoration very slow, but it is necessary if you desire to rearrange column ordering. -g --globals-only Dump only global objects (users and groups), no databases. -i --ignore-version Ignore version mismatch between pg_dumpall and the database server. pg_dumpall can handle databases from previous releases of PostgreSQL, but very old versions are not supported anymore (currently prior to 7.0). Use this option if you need to override the version check (and if pg_dumpall then fails, don't say you weren't warned). -o --oids Dump object identifiers (OIDs) for every table. Use this option if your application references the OID columns in some way (e.g., in a foreign key constraint). Otherwise, this option should not be used. -v --verbose Specifies verbose mode. This will cause pg_dumpall to print progress messages to standard error. The following command-line options control the database connection parameters. -h host Specifies the host name of the machine on which the database server is running. If host begins with a slash, it is used as the directory for the Unix domain socket. The default is taken from the PGHOST environment variable, if set, else a Unix domain socket connection is attempted. -p port The port number on which the server is listening. Defaults to the PGPORT environment variable, if set, or a compiled-in default. -U username Connect as the given user. -W Force a password prompt. This should happen automatically if the server requires password authentication. Long options are only available on some platforms. ENVIRONMENT
PGHOST PGPORT PGUSER Default connection parameters. NOTES
Since pg_dumpall calls pg_dump internally, some diagnostic messages will refer to pg_dump. pg_dumpall will need to connect several times to the PostgreSQL server. If password authentication is configured, it will ask for a pass- word each time. In that case it would be convenient to set up a password file. [Comment: But where is that password file documented?] EXAMPLES
To dump all databases: $ pg_dumpall > db.out To reload this database use, for example: $ psql -f db.out template1 (It is not important to which database you connect here since the script file created by pg_dumpall will contain the appropriate commands to create and connect to the saved databases.) SEE ALSO
pg_dump(1), psql(1). Check there for details on possible error conditions. Application 2002-11-22 PG_DUMPALL(1)