Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: How to tell Power 4/5/6
Operating Systems AIX How to tell Power 4/5/6 Post 302189440 by dukessd on Friday 25th of April 2008 07:34:07 PM
Old 04-25-2008
uname is a bit limited.
prtconf will tell you but you'll need to parse the output if you want to feed it to another command.

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Power Cycling

Hello Friends , I have been reading some of the Sys Admin notes when i came across a term "Power Cycling" Can anybody please explain what this means Thank You (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: DPAI
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How Can I To Power Off My Computer?

I have a SCO UNIX 5.0.6. and a computer ATX. My Question is: How can i to power off my computer without to push the power button? :confused: Please help me. :( Thanks :) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vhabalos
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How Can I To Power Off My Computer?

I have a SCO UNIX 5.0.6. and a computer ATX. My Question is: How can i to power off my computer without to push the power button? :confused: Please help me. :( Thanks :) (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: vhabalos
11 Replies

4. Solaris

Failed to power up

Dear expert, I have one server,in /var/adm/messages everyday present these messages: Jan 3 06:01:30 SERVERGINTING genunix: WARNING: Device /pci@1d,700000/pci@1/scsi@2,1/sd@5,0 failed to power up. Jan 3 06:01:31 SERVERGINTING scsi: WARNING: /pci@1d,700000/pci@1/scsi@2,1/sd@5,0 (sd45):... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: fredginting
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

mdelete power

hi to all! im using hp-ux 10.2 is it posible for the mdelete command to execute on the root directory if it did not find any file on the specified sub-directory? this is my sample script USER=root PASSWD=root cd /u01/app/oralog/arch ftp -n 192.119.10.3 user $USER $PASSWD prompt... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gunsbong
2 Replies

6. What is on Your Mind?

Power Hour?

I had some free time at work today so I decided to get a little practice with my shell scripts (I'm pretty new to the whole UNIX thing). I'm sure I'm not the only college student here so maybe this code will come in handy for future weekends. #!/bin/sh if then echo "No playlist... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: thedoobieman5
0 Replies

7. Red Hat

Power Cut

Dear All I am using a redhat server for cdr billing and mediation device on a remote network. I am experiencing problem that I am suspicious it comes from main supply power cut at the remote site. The power supply to the remote site comes from battery charger that will be automatically switched in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hadimotamedi
1 Replies
optisa(1)							   User Commands							 optisa(1)

NAME
optisa - determine which variant instruction set is optimal to use SYNOPSIS
optisa instruction_set... DESCRIPTION
optisa prints which instruction_set out of the ones specified in the command will perform best on this machine. In this case, ``best'' is defined by the order in which instruction set names are returned by isalist(1). Possible values for instruction_set are given in isalist(5). ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 One of the instruction_set values you specified is printed by this command. 1 There is no output; that is, this machine cannot use any instruction_set that you specified with the optisa command. SEE ALSO
isalist(1), uname(1), attributes(5), isalist(5) NOTES
optisa is preferable to uname -p or uname -m (see uname(1)) in determining which of several binary versions of a given program should be used on the given machine. SunOS 5.10 25 Jul 1997 optisa(1)